Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

Does anyone have any details about these properties. Ithought the original letter I got from the council said they were three bed duplexes but anything I have received lately said 3 bed apartment. Not that I think I am going to be offered one!!

Yeah, they seem to have done a bit of a u-turn...they are now offering 2-bed Duplexes and 3-bed apartments in this development. I think 55 units in total, not sure of mix...

UPDATE: Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

the 1st batch of letters went out yesterday, Feb 14, and they expect to send the 2nd batch on Friday evening, or Monday morning.

There are 45 units in total. 30 x 2 bed, 15 x 3 bed

I have no more news...nor a letter :(

Thanks Madisona, but I'm not holding out much hope really. I'm sure something will turn up. it's just I'd really like one of those :)

The 3-bed apts on ground floor are approx. 73 sq.m, no ensuites or utility rooms. (unlike open market development on site by same designer and builder). They also have a rear garden and designted parking space, going for 176,000 Euro...

The 2-bed Duplexes, located atop the 3-bed apt, are accessed via external stairwell. These have the bedrooms located on their ground floor whilst the living/kitchen area sits atop....

The following link shows exaclty where the 45 units are located, 5 blocks (3-storey) all together at middle right (white coloring), bordered at top by trees and wall...

[broken link removed]

These are a steal at price quoted above....

Are there management fees on these unit, if so how much? and whats the market value of them i.e. whats the clawback?

Are there management fees on these unit, if so how much? and whats the market value of them i.e. whats the clawback?

Market value, (3-bed): 385,000 Euro
Clawback: 50.75%
Management fees: 1,100 Euro per annum

Actually, there is a different builder: Firestone Developments Ltd.

I got apt. plans from Cork City Council (CCC), after much persuasion. Their rep. at City Hall offices was shocked that anyone would want to see an apt. that they were considering buying.

However, the plans do not have a scale, nor any internal room dimensions. I had to estimate using an approx. measurement for internal door width, (approx. 30 inches), still tight enough...

Thanks for the info. The management fees sound about the norm for these developments anyway.

Have any of you actually get the all-important letter from the Council yet? The first batch at least should have been received at this stage

Has anybody got an offer on Eden yet?

Hi guys, i got an offer letter this morning for a three bed apartment. I am over the moon. Went down for a look today but can't get past security at the front entrance. Won't be in them for ages i'd say. I've my fingers crossed that ye will get one too. :)

Congratulations princessl. I hope you will be very happy there. No letter here I am afraid - I think they are waiting to give me a mansion :D

Well done Princess!!
Seemingly they haven't sent out the 2nd batch of offers yet, so there may be hope for the rest of us yet...

Thanks for the congrads. I was on to the Council alright and there will be more letters going out so fingers crossed :)

hi ther i got offered one today but asked how can i say yes or no without seeing the place.got past security after a while but the place on offer couldnt be seen however got a phonecall later to say viewings will be organised and if u have been offered u will be told this.does anyone have a link to see what they do look like inside?

Back