Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

I wonder if all the blocks got together and called around we might get a deal from the companies. There is a communal area for all the bins at the side of each block. Am i right in saying that?

You are right and that's a good idea...might save a bit as well...only problem is some people are already in and may have organised something in the meantime, plus not all are reading ths forum...

Will have to make do anyway, have you got keys yet?

You are right and that's a good idea...might save a bit as well...only problem is some people are already in and may have organised something in the meantime, plus not all are reading ths forum...

Will have to make do anyway, have you got keys yet?

No sign of the keys........... Will be waiting a while i'd say!!

hi all
just wondering does anybody know what the story is with asmount silversprings??
havent heard anything in months, last i heard i had to send in morgage approval certs for shanakiel and i rang them and told them im not interested in shanakiel just ashmount and they said i should get that in a few weeks that was about 3 months ago?
thanks!

hi all
just wondering does anybody know what the story is with asmount silversprings??
havent heard anything in months, last i heard i had to send in morgage approval certs for shanakiel and i rang them and told them im not interested in shanakiel just ashmount and they said i should get that in a few weeks that was about 3 months ago?
thanks!

Hi Happy,

unfortunately you have to change your ideas about days, weeks, months and even years when dealing with affordable housing! Everything takes 10 times longer than you would think, or are told.
BB

Hi Guys,
Just a quick question, would be delighted if ye can help?
Did ye have to do an interview for Eden or what way did they work it?
I was given my points for Douglas but don't have a clue what that means, they said some people on the top of the list can't afford the houses but don't you think it would make more sense to check that before they offer the houses.
I would be grateful of any answers, the wait is a killer!!

Hi Guys,
I was given my points for Douglas but don't have a clue what that means, they said some people on the top of the list can't afford the houses but don't you think it would make more sense to check that before they offer the houses.
Hi Saucystunner,

I rang the council also yesterday re the houses in Ballincolllig, and was told my points were 155. I was also told this was close to the top. What sort of points did you get? I have been asked to send in more up to date bank statements and so on, and will hopefully be called for an interview but this is not guaranteed. She was very slow to give out any information. Basically from what I gather the people with the most points are brought in and they review your financial status and ability to repay a mortgage. And since they dont have the house prices (or so they say) I dont know how they can decide if you can pay the motgage back or not. I earn around 30k so am not sure whether this will be sufficient or not. I am also on the list for more than 3 years and have 2 kids. You get 5 points for every year your on the list, and there are 5 points per family member, 25 points if you live in your area of preference for 10+ years, 30 points if your a 1st time buyer, and so on. Hope this was of some help to you! I kow exactly where your coming from, im nearly pulling the hair out of my head at this stage!

Hi - I was just wondering if anyone got any further with their snag list.

We are still awaiting final snag completion - basically our front door needs replacing but thay are dragging their heels. The site manager is slow to answer e-mails or phone calls.

Our solicitor has lodged the Mortgage cheque to his account and is waiting on our approval before completing sale.

Has anybody orgainised Refuse Collection for the N4/N5 blocks? Perhaps the residents could get together and group hire their services?

We hope to receive keys soon and begin floor laying, tiling, etc...getting tired of the waiting game at this stage.

Hi Guys,

No interview performed...We just received offer through the post back in February...Have they a new system in place to determine unit allocations going forward?

Hi Princessl, Congrats on getting the keys. I am still trying to sort out my mortgage protection unfortunetly so we will be another while yet :( . We are going down to sign off on the snag list today. Passat - did you try going to someone higher than the site manager about the door?

Hi Dylanjohn,
I know the wait is the killer and it's like pulling teeth trying to get some answers.
I didnt apply for Ballincollig only for Douglas and I was told I got 150 for there but I dont know will we get called or not. She did say that we would have no bother financially if we did get a call. That's only because there's 2 of us applying with my small man. She also said they are starting to interview people but that we won't be called in the first round so fingers crossed after that.

Are people actually being contacted at the moment re Douglas Affordable Housing?

I thought we would never hear, the amount of time we are waiting.

I might ring and ask to confirm......

I reckon it could be this month alright though!!!!!!

Hi Princessl, Congrats on getting the keys. I am still trying to sort out my mortgage protection unfortunetly so we will be another while yet :( . We are going down to sign off on the snag list today. Passat - did you try going to someone higher than the site manager about the door?

No, did you get yours replaced? Did you approach some one higher up the food chain?

No, did you get yours replaced? Did you approach some one higher up the food chain?
I didnt get it replaced yet but I havent said anything about it bar put it on my snag list. I spoke to a man there today, possibly a foreman, he said they would see if the manufacturer will replace it. The builders will be gone from the affordable housing part in two weeks so I think there is a big rush on to finish and close off each unit. A lot of people have now moved in. I think if it comes down to it I will just accept it as I really want to get in.

Hi Passat,

We were talking to the neighbours last night and we reckon that it would be in everybody's best interests if we club together and get commual bins. As it stands there is only a small bin area on the side of the building and if every apt gets three bins (recycle, normal and glass) there will be mayham. When everybody is in we could arrange something that would suit everybody. Some people will obviously want to get their own but there are a good few already who would like to join together.

Hi Passat,

We were talking to the neighbours last night and we reckon that it would be in everybody's best interests if we club together and get commual bins. As it stands there is only a small bin area on the side of the building and if every apt gets three bins (recycle, normal and glass) there will be mayham. When everybody is in we could arrange something that would suit everybody. Some people will obviously want to get their own but there are a good few already who would like to join together.
How do communal bins work? Who organises payment - I could see payment as being a problem if someone doesnt pay on time, etc. Also how do you stop other people using the bin.

Got a mail back earlier.

Just saying sorry it took so long for them.

That points will be out at the end of the month so contact them then!!!!!!

Got a mail back earlier.

Just saying sorry it took so long for them.

That points will be out at the end of the month so contact them then!!!!!!
Hi Pinkstars,

As far as i know you should be able to find out what your points are now. I rang up and gave them my reference number and was told how may points I got. When you say you got a mail back from them saying sorry it took so long, as it an email? Never knew you could mail them if thats the case!!

Back