Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

was it an offer or just update on info?
:) cheers.

Sorry it was just a request for mortgage cert. €205 for 2 bed, €230 for 3 bed. I'm sure this is just the beginning of the process. It will be another few months before we get to the squeaky bum stage.

Does anybody know anything about the Management Company in Eden? Is it the same company for the whole development or different companies for different blocks?

I asked the site manager a few weeks ago who the management company were and she said absolute property management. She said they were supposed to be one of the best. The man that runs it is fully trained in managing complexes and he is they only one that is as far as she was aware. I have only heard good things about them.

Sorry it was just a request for mortgage cert. €205 for 2 bed, €230 for 3 bed. I'm sure this is just the beginning of the process. It will be another few months before we get to the squeaky bum stage.

rang up today and nothing gone out so far.i updated all info for them few weeks back.so here we go again waiting is the hardest part of all.best of luck.

Just going organising someone to do my snag list for apartment in Eden. Just wondering if anyone else had any particular issues that I could ask him to keep an eye out for. In particular did anyone find out what was causing the dampness?

CCC have been hounding my solicitor re. getting us to sign contracts and hand over monies as soon as possible. They have threatened to re-allocate our apt. if we do not finalise by April 26th...

We, and our solicitor, are in agreement that we will not be 'bullied' into signing before all property inspections are completed and meet with our approval...

Has anybody else received such treatment by the CCC?

One would think that they are giving us the apt. for free...just have to bite our collective tongues on this one...

You must remember election time is fast approaching. Housing waiting lists need to shortened...

CCC have been hounding my solicitor re. getting us to sign contracts and hand over monies as soon as possible. They have threatened to re-allocate our apt. if we do not finalise by April 26th...

We, and our solicitor, are in agreement that we will not be 'bullied' into signing before all property inspections are completed and meet with our approval...

One would think that they are giving us the apt. for free...just have to bite our collective tongues on this one...

Passat, i think our apartment is at the same stage as yours but we haven't heard a peep of the CCC. We handed our snag three weeks ago but have heard nothing from the builders or CCC yet.

Passat, i think our apartment is at the same stage as yours but we haven't heard a peep of the CCC. We handed our snag three weeks ago but have heard nothing from the builders or CCC yet.

We have just completed our 'post-snag' inspection. They didn't do very much. We have a badly damaged front door that they will not replace!!! amonst other 'snags'....Another fight on our hands, I'd say....

Our solicitor has the 'Loan Offer' letter from the bank and I am in process of arranging Mortgage protection and contents insurance (building insurance is covered by property management fees, approx. 700 Euro annually)...

Incidentally, CCC will only deal with solicitor from this stage...He/she should have all the contracts and paperwork to continue purchase...

We have handed over ,(to the solicitor), our deposit and are awaiting further developments...should not take very long...

Our apt. is in the N5 Block facing the front boundary wall and 'Aldi' building beyond...Is yours in the same block?

My God - they are being very unreasonable - you werent offered the apartment that long ago! They definetly want the numbers down for the election I'd say! The front door must be annoying too, it will be interesting to see what snags I get. Your position is good though - your gardens are bigger in that block.

Hi Passat, Yes ours is in that block too. I misinterpreted what you said earlier actually. We paid our deposit a few weeks back but our solicitor has assured us that although we've paid the deposit and signed papers, they are still obliged to complete the snag list to our satisfaction. Our snag list was huge so we will probably run into the same problems as yourselves. We haven't heard back to do the final inspection. Where do you go from here when you're not happy with what they've done? Did your engineer tell them that he/she wasn't happy with it or is it a case of take it or leave it with them?

Hi Passat, Yes ours is in that block too. I misinterpreted what you said earlier actually. We paid our deposit a few weeks back but our solicitor has assured us that although we've paid the deposit and signed papers, they are still obliged to complete the snag list to our satisfaction. Our snag list was huge so we will probably run into the same problems as yourselves. We haven't heard back to do the final inspection. Where do you go from here when you're not happy with what they've done? Did your engineer tell them that he/she wasn't happy with it or is it a case of take it or leave it with them?

Yip, that's about the size of it...we'll have to fight tooth and nail to ensure everything on the snag list is completed.

They just want the cash, once they have it, its our problem then...

Did you have any dampness problems?

Are you upstairs or on ground level?

Yip, that's about the size of it...we'll have to fight tooth and nail to ensure everything on the snag list is completed.

They just want the cash, once they have it, its our problem then...

Did you have any dampness problems?

Are you upstairs or on ground level?

We have serious dampness issues, the paint is peeling and there are loads of marks on the walls where they've tried to paint over. Is it the solicitor or engineer that fights our corner on the snags though?

We have serious dampness issues, the paint is peeling and there are loads of marks on the walls where they've tried to paint over. Is it the solicitor or engineer that fights our corner on the snags though?

At the end of the day it is up to us, the buyer, to pursue them...

Engineer can only list the defects and recommend solutions...

Solicitor can only legally guide you...

I suppose it all depends on how tough you are willing to get!!!!

Do you know what is causing the dampness?

At the end of the day it is up to us, the buyer, to pursue them...

Engineer can only list the defects and recommend solutions...

Solicitor can only legally guide you...

I suppose it all depends on how tough you are willing to get!!!!

Are they not legally obliged though to complete the snag to the purchaser's satisfaction? I mean, are you going to let them get away with replacing the door or do you think you'll just end up doing it yourself?

Back