Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

princess/passat, did your engineers have any idea how the damp is being caused? Congrats on the offer Buck!

I went to see them - I am very impressed. They seem to be very well built. Concrete floors on the duplex. They were drying out one of the rooms as per snag list previously mentioned.

Our solicitor has received contracts from CCC. He said they were very anxious to finalise everything within 2 weeks...

Deposit of 5280 Euro required on signing....remainder on closing...

Our apartment is ready for post-snag inspection, they are also eager to close. We have been down a number of times this week to take photos (externally). They have cleaners employed and have done some planting. It practically looks ready for occupation.

We were wondering about the boundary wall being completed soon. At the moment there is a metal fence erected, beyond which, (by about 15 feet) ,is the old and crumbling Ursuline Convent wall. There is a lane running parallel to this wall and there is quite a lot of beer cans, bottles and other rubbish dumped.

Naturally, all the Affordable Housing blocks are bordering this wall. Our solicitor is investigating the developers' intention re: this wall.

Anybody have any other issues?

P.S. All the fine weather recently would have helped to dry out some of the dampness present. However, we did notice 1 apt. with 2 heaters running and pointing at the master bedrooms' interior rear wall...really looked wet...

Hi Passat - by remainder I presume you mean the main cost of the apartment - they arent looking for more of a deposit I hope! I am still in the mortgage process so it will be another while yet before we move in. I am also worried about that laneway. I took a walk down it and I would say there is a fair bit of drinking and dumping rubbish going on down there. I got the impression that the fence that is there at the moment will be it though, I didnt think they had any plans to do anything with the wall. I wonder who will be responsible for it if it deteriates more, not us I hope! Do you have any idea what is causing the dampness.

Re:Eden and Dampness

That does'nt sound too good, Dampness no one has moved in and there is a recent spate of dry weather , i'd defo get that thing well ironed out ,

Hi Passat - by remainder I presume you mean the main cost of the apartment - they arent looking for more of a deposit I hope! I am still in the mortgage process so it will be another while yet before we move in. I am also worried about that laneway. I took a walk down it and I would say there is a fair bit of drinking and dumping rubbish going on down there. I got the impression that the fence that is there at the moment will be it though, I didnt think they had any plans to do anything with the wall. I wonder who will be responsible for it if it deteriates more, not us I hope! Do you have any idea what is causing the dampness.

Hi ya Buck,

Deposit is just the 5280 Euro (3% as requested in CCC letter offer)...although you could reduce your borrowings by giving a higher deposit amount....

Don't know what could be causing such dampness, possibly leaks from plumbing system in duplexes aboves...

Re:Eden and Dampness

That does'nt sound too good, Dampness no one has moved in and there is a recent spate of dry weather , i'd defo get that thing well ironed out ,

Hi JaneDoe,

just wondering if you have been offered a unit in Eden? I haven't seen you here before....

Hi there
no i have'nt but friend of mine in Mount Oval ,had applied for blackrock /Eden and was told by County council to clear up a small Over draft, and everytime she'd ring about when the offers would be going out , she was told very promisingly they'll be out soon
so i guess i have an active interest in these
they are in a lovely area ,

Our solicitor has received contracts from CCC. He said they were very anxious to finalise everything within 2 weeks...

Deposit of 5280 Euro required on signing....remainder on closing...

Our apartment is ready for post-snag inspection, they are also eager to close. We have been down a number of times this week to take photos (externally). They have cleaners employed and have done some planting. It practically looks ready for occupation.

We were wondering about the boundary wall being completed soon. At the moment there is a metal fence erected, beyond which, (by about 15 feet) ,is the old and crumbling Ursuline Convent wall. There is a lane running parallel to this wall and there is quite a lot of beer cans, bottles and other rubbish dumped.

Naturally, all the Affordable Housing blocks are bordering this wall. Our solicitor is investigating the developers' intention re: this wall.

Anybody have any other issues?

P.S. All the fine weather recently would have helped to dry out some of the dampness present. However, we did notice 1 apt. with 2 heaters running and pointing at the master bedrooms' interior rear wall...really looked wet...

Deal with it.
It may be called eden, but it's still next mahon and the only forbidden fruit the residents there know about are apples of the cider variety and the only picking they'll be doing is locks.

Deal with it.
It may be called eden, but it's still next mahon and the only forbidden fruit the residents there know about are apples of the cider variety and the only picking they'll be doing is locks.

regardless of where it is next to...any unsocial behaviour needs to be dealt with sharply and swiftly to ensure the vast majority can continue to live in peace and quiet

damp is prolific in all most of the completed house types at the moment, I would suggest all buyers get a comprehensive survy done - its not a plumbing issue.

p.s do people realise theres a lidls opening at the Hegertys site by the main entrance?? just curious whether it will be addressed as mahon or Blackrock.

damp is prolific in all most of the completed house types at the moment, I would suggest all buyers get a comprehensive survy done - its not a plumbing issue.

p.s do people realise theres a lidls opening at the Hegertys site by the main entrance?? just curious whether it will be addressed as mahon or Blackrock.

Do you have any idea of the cause of this dampness?

Yeah, we heard about Lidl from site manager...she also said that a library was going in atop the Lidl building!!!???

The big building (3 floors over basement parking) in front of Eden will have an Aldi on the ground floor with some retail units, the majority of the second floor is a library (I presume this will be run by the council) and the remainder and the top floor is for medical centre and offices. All of this and plans etc. can be checked in the planning office or here
[broken link removed]
under planning refs: 0529683/0530057/0631124
There will also be a recycling "bring" centre for paper, glass etc.
The boundry wall type is also dealt with in the original planning permission. I was in the planning office during the week to look at the application but can't remember what the wall should be.

Back