Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

3 bed apartment on ground floor.there is an ok garden but as u say its the inside that has to b seen.:confused: before a decision can be made.

3 bed apartment on ground floor.there is an ok garden but as u say its the inside that has to b seen.:confused: before a decision can be made.

Saying that though i'll hardly say no. The price of houses these days especially in that location. Let me know what you think of it when you see it.

hi ther i got offered one today but asked how can i say yes or no without seeing the place.got past security after a while but the place on offer couldnt be seen however got a phonecall later to say viewings will be organised and if u have been offered u will be told this.does anyone have a link to see what they do look like inside?

Congrats! Do you know were you in the first batch of offers or the 2nd batch? It sounds like the 2nd batch to me...

Hi, does anybody have any idea if the offer letters for these apartments have gone out yet?

Yes.. My friend has been offered a 2bed duplex she got the letter on Tue and is over the moon. Went down last night to veiw and was shown the apt and 3bed twn house she said they are really nice and is hoping hers is of the same standard.

I didnt get the oppertunity to apply for these as was off the form by the time i applied-hoping might get an offer in Shanakiel. Any update on any upcomming development in this scheme?

i really dont know if it is first or second batch our offer is in.will let u know what viewing was like maybe post pics if i can.;)

Does anyone know what other developments are coming on line? I dont think I am going to be offered Eden at this stage. The only ones I know of are jacobs island (flats), shanakiel and silversprings(flats) i think. Also of course Douglas and Carrigaline with the county but they will probably be ten years from now!

Myself and my wife received offer of 3-bed apartment in 1st batch of letters. We hounded the CCC for site and apt. plans. We were asked why did we want to see the plans?!!!!

Eventually, after much persuasion, we managed to acquire an apt. plan. However, this had no scale, and therefore we could not accurately tell how big or small they were.

We made some educated guesses assuming an average door width to be approx. 30 inches. This made the apt. floor space in the range of 73 sq.m.....quite small for a 3-bed.

There are no ensuites here, but it does have a large enough garden, on the order of 36ft. X 25ft. The back door (single and glassed) lead to a paved area 6ft. deep and running the entire width of the apt. There is wooden fencing separating the other gardens.

I contaced the developer last Monday who gave me the site managers mobile. She obliged me by showing the particular apt. we had been offered.

This is now nearing completion, walls painted (magnolia, what else), power points fixed (they skimped here a bit), kitchen finished (walnut).

They are bigger than I had estimated.
Living/dining room 20ft X 12.25 max (10.5 min)
Kitchen 10 X 6, Bedroom 1: 13 X 10, Bedroom 2: 9.25 X 9.25 max (7.25 (min), bedroom3: 10 X 7, bathroom: 8 X 5.5, hotpress 5.5 X 3.5

The blocks are in the same style as the regular market Eden properties, with the same double glazing windows, external doors, etc. However, they are smaller and internal doors are cheap, painted white with plain white frames and skirting. They also have modern silver metal handles.

The kitchen is plumbed for wash machine, has space for dryer or dishwasher and tall fridge freezer.

It is gas central heated with good sized radiators in all rooms, 3 in living/dining. Their positioning, as well as power point locations, have not been thought out all that well.

Overall, build quality is good, with garden and at 176,000 Euro, a steal...

We look forward to seeing some of you down there....

thanks for info on the eden apartments.the council ones coming in march and april does anyone know what type will be offered?

hello passat01.quick question if u dont mind was the 3 bed apartment u saw in the number 40 upwards section?dont want to know exact number as that is private to u and same for everyone.thanks.

hello passat01.quick question if u dont mind was the 3 bed apartment u saw in the number 40 upwards section?dont want to know exact number as that is private to u and same for everyone.thanks.

Ours is no 76...3-bed mid-terraced...facing development front boundary wall, with apparently retail and office block construction going up outside Eden (on right as you enter, before Security gates).

The following link shows the 5 Affordable Housing blocks-45 units in total(white walled/black roof tile...not the final colouring) at picture middle right. Each block contains 9 units, 3 X 3-Bed and 6 X 2-Bed Duplex apts.
[broken link removed]

I heard also that Aldi are looking to move in somewhere close????

Since Eden seems to have slipped from my grasp..:( Does anybody know if there are many houses/apartments available in the next offer round coming up in either City or County?

I was down in Eden for a viewing this morning for the three bed apartment. I was happily surprised with the kitchen and living area but i thought the bedrooms quite small. You would be hard pushed fitting a 5" bed in and have comfortable wardrobe space. I'm sure we'll figure out something. The location is great, plus they don't look any different to the other apartments in the estate.

Since Eden seems to have slipped from my grasp..:( Does anybody know if there are many houses/apartments available in the next offer round coming up in either City or County?

I just know of some in Silversprings and i think some are coming up in Togher aswell

went to see this morning.everything is good really(the area,the finish etc)but its just too small overall inside.the bedrooms really are the stumbling block.we will have to say no on grounds of the bedrooms because of the small ones needs but anyone choosing these will be delighted with them.

Back