Affordable Housing - Eden Cork

got home from viewing and a letter had come to update files and mortgage offer as shanakiel is nearly redy for offer.did anyone else get a letter like this?

Does anybody know what is the rate of take-up refusals normally? I am still holding on by the tips of my fingernails for a little 2-bed in Eden!

You can expect offers to be made for Carrigaline, Douglas and Ballincollig in March and April.

Hi Madisona

Do you expect there definitely to be offers for these areas in March and April . I got a letter from the County Council stating it could take up to a year for properties to be allocated in these areas ?

Thanks

had a look at the two bed duplex. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom on the first level. bedrooms are quite small, then up a stairs to the next level which has a living area with wooden floors, a recessed kitchenette, a small cloakroom. and a small balcony to stand out on.

They are all different sizes though, the duplex i saw had two very large rooms on the first level. The apartments are the same, some are larger than the others especially the living areas.

There may be a couple of these apartments being offered again in the next week if there are refusals...here's hoping!

Does anybody have any idea when we will be able to move into these houses? Has anybody gotten into their house to do measurements etc?

Does anybody have any idea when we will be able to move into these houses? Has anybody gotten into their house to do measurements etc?

Hi princess,

please refer to my previous post:

Myself and my wife received offer of 3-bed apartment in 1st batch of letters. We hounded the CCC for site and apt. plans. We were asked why did we want to see the plans?!!!!

Eventually, after much persuasion, we managed to acquire an apt. plan. However, this had no scale, and therefore we could not accurately tell how big or small they were.

We made some educated guesses assuming an average door width to be approx. 30 inches. This made the apt. floor space in the range of 73 sq.m.....quite small for a 3-bed.

There are no ensuites here, but it does have a large enough garden, on the order of 36ft. X 25ft. The back door (single and glassed) lead to a paved area 6ft. deep and running the entire width of the apt. There is wooden fencing separating the other gardens.

I contaced the developer last Monday who gave me the site managers mobile. She obliged me by showing the particular apt. we had been offered.

This is now nearing completion, walls painted (magnolia, what else), power points fixed (they skimped here a bit), kitchen finished (walnut).

They are bigger than I had estimated.
Living/dining room 20ft X 12.25 max (10.5 min)
Kitchen 10 X 6, Bedroom 1: 13 X 10, Bedroom 2: 9.25 X 9.25 max (7.25 (min), bedroom3: 10 X 7, bathroom: 8 X 5.5, hotpress 5.5 X 3.5, all in feet

The blocks are in the same style as the regular market Eden properties, with the same double glazing windows, external doors, etc. However, they are smaller and internal doors are cheap, painted white with plain white frames and skirting. They also have modern silver metal handles.

The kitchen is plumbed for wash machine, has space for dryer or dishwasher and tall fridge freezer.

It is gas central heated with good sized radiators in all rooms, 3 in living/dining. Their positioning, as well as power point locations, have not been thought out all that well.

Overall, build quality is good, with garden and at 176,000 Euro, a steal...

We look forward to seeing some of you down there....

Hi Passat,

Do you know what date people had to accept the Eden apts by?

I'm hoping there are some refusals which may leave one vacant for me :)

Hi princess,

please refer to my previous post:

Myself and my wife received offer of 3-bed apartment in 1st batch of letters. We hounded the CCC for site and apt. plans. We were asked why did we want to see the plans?!!!!

Eventually, after much persuasion, we managed to acquire an apt. plan. However, this had no scale, and therefore we could not accurately tell how big or small they were.

We made some educated guesses assuming an average door width to be approx. 30 inches. This made the apt. floor space in the range of 73 sq.m.....quite small for a 3-bed.

There are no ensuites here, but it does have a large enough garden, on the order of 36ft. X 25ft. The back door (single and glassed) lead to a paved area 6ft. deep and running the entire width of the apt. There is wooden fencing separating the other gardens.

I contaced the developer last Monday who gave me the site managers mobile. She obliged me by showing the particular apt. we had been offered.

This is now nearing completion, walls painted (magnolia, what else), power points fixed (they skimped here a bit), kitchen finished (walnut).

They are bigger than I had estimated.
Living/dining room 20ft X 12.25 max (10.5 min)
Kitchen 10 X 6, Bedroom 1: 13 X 10, Bedroom 2: 9.25 X 9.25 max (7.25 (min), bedroom3: 10 X 7, bathroom: 8 X 5.5, hotpress 5.5 X 3.5, all in feet

The blocks are in the same style as the regular market Eden properties, with the same double glazing windows, external doors, etc. However, they are smaller and internal doors are cheap, painted white with plain white frames and skirting. They also have modern silver metal handles.

The kitchen is plumbed for wash machine, has space for dryer or dishwasher and tall fridge freezer.

It is gas central heated with good sized radiators in all rooms, 3 in living/dining. Their positioning, as well as power point locations, have not been thought out all that well.

Overall, build quality is good, with garden and at 176,000 Euro, a steal...

We look forward to seeing some of you down there....

Hi Passat01, thanks for that. How come you got in to measure your place. We rang today and they won't let us in until we sign contracts.

Hi Passat01, thanks for that. How come you got in to measure your place. We rang today and they won't let us in until we sign contracts.

Hi Princess,

I received offer on 14th Feb and immediately did a little digging to come up with Site Managers name and persuaded her to allow me to see and measure the rooms for 15 minutes....

CCC didn't offer any opinions, we were not just going to say yes without a proper viewing, so had to take own initiative...

Hi Passat,

Do you know what date people had to accept the Eden apts by?

I'm hoping there are some refusals which may leave one vacant for me :)

Hi Bubblebunny,

The 1st phase of offers were dated 14th Feb. They had to be accepted or refused within 7 days of this, i.e. 21st Feb.

Considering the relatively good build quality, location and low unit cost, I doubt there would be many refusals....sorry.

However, the overall apartment space is tight, and this has influenced many who may hold out for a house. The inclusion of a garden for the 3-bed apts is what clinched it for us...It's like another room in the Summer time...when we hope to be moving in...

Hope your luck changes...keep trying, hope to see you all down there at some time...

Hi Bubblebunny,

The 1st phase of offers were dated 14th Feb. They had to be accepted or refused within 7 days of this, i.e. 21st Feb.

Considering the relatively good build quality, location and low unit cost, I doubt there would be many refusals....sorry.

However, the overall apartment space is tight, and this has influenced many who may hold out for a house. The inclusion of a garden for the 3-bed apts is what clinched it for us...It's like another room in the Summer time...when we hope to be moving in...

Hope your luck changes...keep trying, hope to see you all down there at some time...

Thanks Passat...yeah I am hoping someone got pregnant with triplets and a 2-bed won't do them :D

How can they get away with not letting people see the properties before signing. You are paying for it - it is not being given to you.

How can they get away with not letting people see the properties before signing. You are paying for it - it is not being given to you.

That's the thing. The showed us another property which they say is similar to ours but we can't go about buying furniture etc without measuring the size of our own rooms as the space is tight enough. We don't know where sockets, windows etc are in our house.

Thanx Passat, She must be after getting stricter now as there is no way she'll let us in to see the place. When we went down for the general viewing we were shown a side apartment but we have gotten a middle one which we suspect may be abit smaller. That's why we are so anxious to measure.

Thanx Passat, She must be after getting stricter now as there is no way she'll let us in to see the place. When we went down for the general viewing we were shown a side apartment but we have gotten a middle one which we suspect may be abit smaller. That's why we are so anxious to measure.

Isn't that ridiculous! It may be 'affordable' housing but it is still a large investment. There should be no problem at all getting viewings/measuring etc.

Back