Affordable housing Dunlaoghaire Rathdown-Parkview, Belarmine & Thornwood

Hi Guys,

Your all on the final straight and should have keys in the next 2-3 weeks. I closed my purchase within three days of getting the charging order. Landmark has undertaken to carry out one or two remaining items which have not happened yet.

You can speed the thing up be accepting their undertaking to resolve the remaining defects however you could be waiting a while for them to be resolved. I happy to have my keys and to be finished waiting on the council. Its very weird living so high above ground.

That is great. Congrats on your new home :)

I signed my life away at lunchtime. :D

I asked if he had an estimate for getting the keys and he said it would really depend ok LK Shields and Landmark. I said I'd ideally like them for mid/end June and he didn't see that as been a problem.

Artois, so you are in already?! Thats fantastic! I have accepted a couple of things to go into the letter so am just waiting on the charging order. Once that is in, I'm going to sign and get the keys. I want to close and get keys in the first week of June.

Its definitely going to be wierd, I've never lived in an apartment complex before :)

Just got a call from my solicitor.....the charging order has arrived so I'm going in to sign contracts tomorrow morning :) I won't be closing until the 1st week of June due to date juggling but at least its almost there!

Just got a call from my solicitor.....the charging order has arrived so I'm going in to sign contracts tomorrow morning :) I won't be closing until the 1st week of June due to date juggling but at least its almost there!

Did you get to pick your closing date and did your solicitor think it could happen that quickly?

Mine gave me the impression that it wasn't possible when I said two weeks so felt I had to say mid/end of June.

Not yet. I am going to sign the contracts in the morning and he is going to send them off straight away tomorrow. I think I have everything in place and ready as much as it can be. One thing that could delay you is activation of your life assurance. My broker said that it is often only done a week in advance of the closing date. As I wasn't sure of the closing date, I asked for that to be done anyway. Its not that much in the overall scheme of things and dosen't matter much if it is in place a few weeks before closing and at least it won't delay things unnecessarily. My mortgage broker has also been updated with the current situation and they are ready to go as well so hopefully that all means I will be able to close when I want.

I got the impression my solicitor thought we could even close next week if I wanted but personally, I'm going to wait for June. In saying that though, a closing date hasn't been booked so I'll probably know better tomorrow.

Hi,

Myself & my boyfriend have been offered BSQ but we're not sure if this is going to suit us. Is it correct that there are no parking spaces given with these apartments?

We were looking in Parkview also and think this could possible suit us better does anyone know if all the affordable apartments have been given out here? What is the difference in the affordable housing ones and the privately bought ones?

Thanks.

Hi Shinny
I am not 100% sure but i think you do get one parking space in BSQ. It depends where you are on the list regards Parkview, have they offered you an apt up there?
The affordable housing in Parkview is at the back of the privately bought ones. Different style, smaller, and do not come with kitchen Appliance, or build in wardrope etc. you just get the shell.

hi Shinny

bsq come with one parking space, built in wardrodes, completed kitchen and fully tiled bathrooms. The main thing they are missing is flooring! hope that helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the info, we have been offered BSQ but we weren't sure what we were being offered with it as we are only viewing this Friday. I rang the council this morning and they confirmed that you do get one parking space. The wait to see the actual apartment is killing us as it's hard to make a decision going by the sketchy information they provide and we want to be as prepared and know as much as we can before we view. I know its a reduced price but 300000 is still a huge amount of money and we don't want to rush into it. From looking at the forums it seems that BSQ is one of the better apartment complexs to get with all the things you get with it. I think its terrible that there are differences in the privately sold and affordable apartments in Parkview, I would hope there is a big difference in the valuations in this case.

One other thing you may want to bear in mind is the management charges! For BSQ they are about €2,000!!

Has anyone completed and gotten keys for BSQ yet? Artois, are you buying in Beacon? I have gotten past the charging order stage, paid the rest of the deposit, signed contracts and sent all that off via my solicitor..... and hopefully will be closing next week but just wondering if anyone has actually gotten keys yet. Just wondering if there are any more gottyas before that actually happens!

got a call from my lawyer today, landmark is ready for closing in 2 weeks. wasn't really ready for that beeing so fast. any one else have good news?

Lenok, has your solicitor recieved the charging order (contracts) for your apartment? Its very difficult to judge, you can see from the thread that a few people have already signed contracts and are waiting to close.

As for me, I have signed contracts, paid the rest of the deposit, that all goes back to the developers/council and then closing papers come back, then those papers and the mortgage cheque are sent off so in theory, since my contracts were sent off last week, I should be able to close next week as I had planned.

What stage are you at when you say Landmark are ready for closing in 2 weeks?

yes, i have done all that you are talking about... contract, payment and so on...bank is happy, solicitor said closing in 2 weeks! i wasn't even pushing them!!

I have now signed the charging orders and full contracts with my solicitors and these have been sent back to LK Shields. There is still no timeline for closing fully and getting the keys though!

Has anyone been told what the delays are? Sounds like next week is being a bit unrealistic so. Thats what I requested and what my solicitor is putting in for but unless something comes back to say that more paperwork has to be shuffed around, then thats what I'd be expecting.

Has anyone been asked for the council fees yet?

Rabbits if your buying in BSQ you don't pay council fees.

I was told that by the council last January when I put my deposit down.

Back