November 3, 2020: Consolidated General Election.

Purple

Frequent Poster
Betfair latest: Biden 1.53 (65%), Trump 2.96 (34%)
That's in line with the electoral college votes they'd get at current projections.
Due to the amount of postal votes being cast it could be a month before the results are in. It will be interesting to see what The Donald does in the period between the 3rd and that final result, especially if things aren't going well.

Drakon

Frequent Poster
AFAIK some states count the postal ballots at the same time as the traditional ballots, and other count them afterward.
Only the key/swing states matter so there may be no delay in the outcome.

Kamala Harris is 390.0 on BetFair to be the next president. Worth a small wager. It’s three months before the inauguration, Covid is rampant in the USA, Christmas is usually a time of peak ‘flu transmission, Joe Biden is pushing 80...

If the Dems win and he’s too ill to be inaugurated... a small wager.

Duke of Marmalade

Frequent Poster
If the Dems win and he’s too ill to be inaugurated... a small wager.
And sit back and press pins in a little Biden doll :oops:
Actually the Betfair rules state that the market will be settled by "the projected majority of Electoral College votes as a result of the 2020 election", so I don't think actual inauguration is relevant.

Last edited:

Purple

Frequent Poster
And sit back and press pins in a little Biden doll :oops:
Actually the Betfair rules state that the market will be settled by "the projected majority of Electoral College votes as a result of the 2020 election", so I don't think actual inauguration is relevant.
Reminds me of the joke about the wife calling her husband and asking "Have you ever got a sudden sharp pain, as if someone is sticking a pin in a voodoo doll of you?"
He replies "no."
She says "... how about now?"

Peanuts20

AFAIK some states count the postal ballots at the same time as the traditional ballots, and other count them afterward.
That's correct, hence why the Dems are seeing a clear risk in a close run race with perhaps Trump narrowly ahead in some states on the night, that he will then go to court to prevent postal votes being counted afterwards since the belief is they will favour Biden