November 3, 2020: Consolidated General Election.

Betfair latest: Biden 1.53 (65%), Trump 2.96 (34%)
That's in line with the electoral college votes they'd get at current projections.
Due to the amount of postal votes being cast it could be a month before the results are in. It will be interesting to see what The Donald does in the period between the 3rd and that final result, especially if things aren't going well.

AFAIK some states count the postal ballots at the same time as the traditional ballots, and other count them afterward.
Only the key/swing states matter so there may be no delay in the outcome.

Kamala Harris is 390.0 on BetFair to be the next president. Worth a small wager. It’s three months before the inauguration, Covid is rampant in the USA, Christmas is usually a time of peak ‘flu transmission, Joe Biden is pushing 80...

If the Dems win and he’s too ill to be inaugurated... a small wager.

If the Dems win and he’s too ill to be inaugurated... a small wager.
And sit back and press pins in a little Biden doll :oops:
Actually the Betfair rules state that the market will be settled by "the projected majority of Electoral College votes as a result of the 2020 election", so I don't think actual inauguration is relevant.

Last edited:
And sit back and press pins in a little Biden doll :oops:
Actually the Betfair rules state that the market will be settled by "the projected majority of Electoral College votes as a result of the 2020 election", so I don't think actual inauguration is relevant.
Reminds me of the joke about the wife calling her husband and asking "Have you ever got a sudden sharp pain, as if someone is sticking a pin in a voodoo doll of you?"
He replies "no."
She says "... how about now?"

AFAIK some states count the postal ballots at the same time as the traditional ballots, and other count them afterward.

That's correct, hence why the Dems are seeing a clear risk in a close run race with perhaps Trump narrowly ahead in some states on the night, that he will then go to court to prevent postal votes being counted afterwards since the belief is they will favour Biden

I wonder does Trump believe the bomb squad go around planting bombs?

Probably, but that is besides the point.
If Trump had said what Biden said the media reaction would be global. Biden gets a relatively free pass.
It feeds into Trumps narrative of fake news, increasing his support.

If Trump had said what Biden said the media reaction would be global. Biden gets a relatively free pass.

Trump only has himself to blame for that with the volume of demonstrably false information he puts out on a daily basis.

Trump only has himself to blame for that with the volume of demonstrably false information he puts out on a daily basis.

I know. I never suggested otherwise.
I simply posted a YT video that clearly shows Biden admitting to the existence of election fraud, not just for this election, for the Obama campaign also. I would have considered that a pretty serious admission for a Presidential candidate. What am I missing?

Aw, you didn't get the context?

Enlighten me.

I know. I never suggested otherwise.
I simply posted a YT video that clearly shows Biden admitting to the existence of election fraud, not just for this election, for the Obama campaign also. I would have considered that a pretty serious admission for a Presidential candidate. What am I missing?

Enlighten me.

We've been through this before. You linked to a Trump YouTube channel which has clipped a video in a disengenious way. He was talking about having an organisation to prevent voter fraud and in the couple of seconds they clipped, he says they have assembled a "voter fraud orgnisation" - but that wasn't the context.

If you continue to rely on doctored or trimmed clips put out by Trump you will get an incomplete view. As was the case with your assessment of the potential for Gabbard.

These clips are only aimed at his base - whether the base has increased or decreased will be seen. But any available data indicates it is a message which isn't bringing swing or new voters. I think you're assessment is flawed and unreliable.

I'm happy to back that up with a bet if you'd like

We've been through this before.

Have we?

You linked to a Trump YouTube channel which has clipped a video in a disengenious way. He was talking about having an organisation to prevent voter fraud and in the couple of seconds they clipped, he says they have assembled a "voter fraud orgnisation" - but that wasn't the context.

Yes, I linked to a Trump YT channel and I am quite happy to accept any clarification of context.

As was the case with your assessment of the potential for Gabbard.

You would have to remind me of that. I thought she had potential to be an exceptional president, restoring a level of decorum to the office of president that has been debased by Trump and bringing a greater sense of unity amongst its people.

I think you're assessment is flawed and unreliable.

I have posted a YT video of Biden, where he mentions a voter fraud organisation. The other reference, that he is the running mate for Harris "hehehe....ye all think I'm kidding".

I'm happy to accept that what Biden was talking about was in the context of protection against voter fraud, and I am happy to accept his Kamala remark was in the context of a Harris rally supporting her vice-Presidency.

My only 'assessment' from that, as it was before, is that Biden will be a bungling, gaffe-prone, president. He will struggle to keep focus, he will not be in charge of his brief. It is clear to me he is in cognitive decline and is wholly unsuited for the position. He will be a puppet president. I am not alone in thinking that, and I live 7,000km away. The people surrounding Biden, most notably those in the DNC that have propelled him to be their candidate must know this also. Which leaves Harris as the defacto President, a woman resoundingly rejected by the Democratic base after Gabbard tore strips off her in the dabate.

Thats my assessment, - Harris is being propelled into a position of defacto president by the DNC even though their own party base resoundingly rejected her.

I liked Gabbard. I think she came across well in interviews and the debates. I disagree with Wolfie in that the VP has bugger all power unless the President pops their clogs. Biden has a good record on most issues but he's certainly past his best. It's a pity he didn't run instead of Hillary as he may have kept Trump out.
I also like Harris but I've said before my preference for a black woman President would be Condoleezza Rice. I think she'd be better than anyone of the candidates from either party. She's moderate, very smart, very experienced and is internationally respected.

She's moderate, very smart, very experienced and is internationally respected.

Given she's Republican some of those qualities you mention would mean she has little chance of getting the nomination in the current environment

Given she's Republican some of those qualities you mention would mean she has little chance of getting the nomination in the current environment
True but she was a Democrat until 1982 but changed to Republican because of their foreign policies. Given her academic qualifications she certainly made an informed decision. Her Father was a Republican because the Democrats in Jim Crow Alabama wouldn't register him to vote but the Republicans did.

I simply posted a YT video that clearly shows Biden admitting to the existence of election fraud, not just for this election, for the Obama campaign also.

No you didn't. If you actually believe that he did. you're deep in Trump's idiot trap.

Yes, I linked to a Trump YT channel and I am quite happy to accept any clarification of context.

You're repeatedly asserted that clip is evidence of Biden admitting to perpetrate fraud. You first posted it on Sunday, did you honestly not even spend two minutes trying to understand the context yourself before repeating that accusation?

Back