November 3, 2020: Consolidated General Election.

You're repeatedly asserted that clip is evidence of Biden admitting to perpetrate fraud.

It is evidence (clearly not conclusive) , but I also qualified it by asking "what am I missing?"

To which @EmmDee pointed out the broader context that what Biden was referring to was protection against voter fraud.
And I said...
I'm happy to accept that

Either it was a bared-faced admission of fraud (I think we agreed that was not intended) or it was another gaffe by Biden. In no short measure down to his cognitive impairment.
It's not an attack on the man himself, such decline comes with age. But it does question, to my mind anyway, the rational of the DNC to propel Biden as candidate.

Last edited:
It's not an attack on the man himself, such decline comes with age. But it does question, to my mind anyway, the rational of the DNC to propel Biden as candidate.
Well the only other real option was Bernie Sanders who is two years older and utterly unelectable.
I do think that the calibre of the candidates from both Parties was shockingly bad given the size of the country and the prestige of the office.

I did. I posted it without comment.

Where did he admit to 'the existence of election fraud'? Thinking that the sentence you linked to in isolation is tantamount to an admission of perpetrating fraud is akin to thinking the Garda fraud squad do nothing but perpetrate fraud of the fire brigade are all arsonists.

You also seem surprised that 'Biden has openly admitted that he is Kamalas running mate.' He's not running solo, they are both each other's running mate on a joint ticket. I know little or nothing about Biden, but it's a clever counter to an all-consuming ego.

Where did he admit to 'the existence of election fraud'?

Well, maybe I was getting a bit ahead of myself insofar that Biden appears to have been talking about protection against election fraud....that would suggest he is aware, or knows of, the threat, or perceived threat, of election fraud?

Thinking that the sentence you linked to in isolation is tantamount to an admission of perpetrating fraud is akin to thinking the Garda fraud squad do nothing but perpetrate fraud of the fire brigade are all arsonists.

Yes it would. But I didn't think that that sentence I linked to in isolation is tantamount to an admission of perpetrating fraud. Clearly I conditioned that sentence with doubt by asking "what am I missing?". To which you and EmmDee kindly referred that what he talking about was protection against voter fraud. I don't have any doubt about that.

It would be most ironic if you were to take my sentence in isolation and lose the context of my comment in the round.

You also seem surprised that 'Biden has openly admitted that he is Kamalas running mate.' He's not running solo, they are both each other's running mate on a joint ticket.

Yes, I get that also, but only one of them is running for President of United States. There is no election for VP. So in the generally accepted parlance of US Presidential elections, Harris is the running mate to Biden - full stop!

Last edited:
Well the only other real option was Bernie Sanders who is two years older

Its not his age that is the issue, its his cognitive impairment. I'm no medical expert but it looks in decline to me. This is not a healthy state of affairs for someone taking up the office of President of US, imo.

Its not his age that is the issue, its his cognitive impairment. I'm no medical expert but it looks in decline to me. This is not a healthy state of affairs for someone taking up the office of President of US, imo.
Yep, he's on the old side but Bernie's been off his nut for years. Biden is well liked and doesn't really have much baggage whereas Bernie is very divisive, deeply disliked on a personal level by many in his own party, way too left wing for middle America and would ensure a second term for Trump. Basically Biden is the best of a bad lot.

Basically Biden is the best of a bad lot.

I would respectfully disagree with that, I think he has been dreadful throughout. The whole thing smacks of an unofficial peerage system, that it is 'Joe's turn'.
I hope he wins, just to consign the whole Trump era to history if anything. On the other hand, with his obvious cognitive impairment there must be concern as to who would actually be in charge?

Yes it would. But I didn't think that that sentence I linked to in isolation is tantamount to an admission of perpetrating fraud. Clearly I conditioned that sentence with doubt by asking "what am I missing?"

You posted the clip with just 'Joe Biden voter fraud', you posted twice more before adding the 'what am I missing?' So you only conditioned it after being questioned.

You posted the clip with just 'Joe Biden voter fraud', you posted twice more before adding the 'what am I missing?' So you only conditioned it after being questioned.

Yeh, but whats your point? The only 'question' I was asked was an unrelated question from you about Trump and bomb squads.

The follow-up comment was

Probably, but that is besides the point.
If Trump had said what Biden said the media reaction would be global. Biden gets a relatively free pass.
It feeds into Trumps narrative of fake news, increasing his support.

Which I stand by. If Trump had said what Biden said, the media reaction would have been global, imo. It is in this context that I posted the video clip.

I not really sure what why you seem intent on scrutinizing my post to the nth degree, when it has been established that we all agree that it was simply a Biden gaffe and what he intended to say was protection against voter fraud?
But perhaps you could comment, if you wish or not, on my view that had Trump made the same comment, intended or by way of a gaffe, that the media (and political) reaction would have resonated to a much greater degree?

...when it has been established that we all agree that it was simply a Biden gaffe and what he intended to say was protection against voter fraud?

I think you have missed the point for some reason. There was no gaffe. What there was, was a carefully clipped video from the Trump YouTube channel. The point is that if you rely on partisan clipped videos, you get a skewed view. So if I say something like "I'm putting in place a voter fraud monitoring team and I think we have the best voter fraud team" - it's not a gaffe. But you are taking a clip which removes the context and saying "I think we all agree there was a gaffe at least" - we don't all agree that. What I think is that you are forming a view from unreliable sources - without showing any evidence that you have checked out the context or looked for independent information

...on my view that had Trump made the same comment, intended or by way of a gaffe, that the media (and political) reaction would have resonated to a much greater degree?

Trump makes gaffes, odd statements, questionable claims and other statements that in a normal environment would get a large amount of coverage. But in my view, Trump could say virtually anything at this point and it would barely make a ripple. The sheer volume has meant that his "non-normal" statements have virtually zero media interest at this point.

He understood this a long time ago - his famous satatement that he could walk down 5th avenue and shoot someone and that it would have no effect was a pretty good prediction

eh, but whats your point? The only 'question' I was asked was an unrelated question from you about Trump and bomb squads.

We're not talking about any question you might have subsequently asked. I'm trying to understand why you decided to post that link, and what you felt it added. It appears you genuinely believed that it contained an admission of the perpetration of fraud when an investment of 30 seconds on a search engine would have easily proven that was not the case. I know this thread is in The Depths, but we hope for better than that.

It appears you genuinely believed that it contained an admission of the perpetration of fraud

It may still appear that way to you but I would have thought we are long past that notion?

I simply posted a YT video that clearly shows Biden admitting to the existence of election fraud, not just for this election, for the Obama campaign also. I would have considered that a pretty serious admission for a Presidential candidate. What am I missing?
Yes, I linked to a Trump YT channel and I am quite happy to accept any clarification of context.
I'm happy to accept that what Biden was talking about was in the context of protection against voter fraud, and I am happy to accept his Kamala remark was in the context of a Harris rally supporting her vice-Presidency.
It is evidence (clearly not conclusive) , but I also qualified it by asking "what am I missing?"

To which @EmmDee pointed out the broader context that what Biden was referring to was protection against voter fraud.

But we are still here

It appears you genuinely believed that it contained an admission of the perpetration of fraud

So to clarify, I, not for one second genuinely believed that it contained an admission of the perpetration of fraud. Instead, I made the post in the context that if Trump had made the same comment, by way of error or otherwise, then imo, the media and political reaction would have resonated more profoundly - I hope that clarifies the matter for you?

Perhaps you could comment, if you wish or not, on that view that had Trump made the same comment, intended or by way of a gaffe, that the media (and political) reaction would have resonated to a much greater degree?

So to clarify, I, not for one second genuinely believed that it contained an admission of the perpetration of fraud. Instead, I made the post in the context that if Trump had made the same comment, by way of error or otherwise, then imo, the media and political reaction would have resonated more profoundly - I hope that clarifies the matter for you?

Youi are attempting to apply context after the fact.

Perhaps you could comment, if you wish or not, on that view that had Trump made the same comment, intended or by way of a gaffe, that the media (and political) reaction would have resonated to a much greater degree?

He has literally made thousands of similar statements.

I think you have missed the point for some reason.

On the contrary. The post was made, without comment, but in the context that had Trump made such an admission, by way of a gaffe or otherwise, the media and political reaction would have resonated more profoundly, imo. I have clarified that context in subsequent posts.
You disagree with this view and that is fine.

Trump makes gaffes, odd statements, questionable claims and other statements that in a normal environment would get a large amount of coverage. But in my view, Trump could say virtually anything at this point and it would barely make a ripple. The sheer volume has meant that his "non-normal" statements have virtually zero media interest at this point.

If Trump says anything that is against the grain of mainstream opinion, or is considered unpresidential, it tends to be blown-up out of proportion. I don't think that has changed at all and certainly, if he had made the same comment as Biden about voter fraud it would be all over the media and political opponents scrambling the airwaves.
It is this type of reaction, that in my view, plays into Trumps rhethoric of 'fake news' and emboldens his support.

He understood this a long time ago - his famous satatement that he could walk down 5th avenue and shoot someone and that it would have no effect was a pretty good prediction

That is separate, you are talking about his base support and I agree. But even that comment alone was blown-up out of proportion. I don't think anyone really believed that Trump meant he could actually walk down 5th Avenue and shoot someone and it would have no effect? Did they? I think it is was a chronic comment meaning that at that moment he felt he couldnt put a foot wrong. It was a stupid, chronic, unpresidential comment to make, but surely it could be understood in the context that it was made?

Youi are attempting to apply context after the fact.

No different to yourself.
I have applied the context in which the video was posted. You are applying your own perceived context. I have clarified the matter above, so hopefully you get it now?

He has literally made thousands of similar statements.

I know, but I didn't ask if he literally made of thousand of similar statements. I asked if he had made the same comment as Biden about voter fraud, intended or by way of a gaffe, that the media (and political) reaction would have resonated to a much greater degree?

Last edited:
if he had made the same comment as Biden about voter fraud it would be all over the media and political opponents scrambling the airwaves.
What admission did he make? There is always voter fraud in every election everywhere. In the US it is inconsequential. Part of the reason what it is so inconsequential is the existence of measures to protect against it. How is that a gaff?

How is that a gaff?

Because I'm sure he intended to say "the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud [protection] organisation" in history, or words to that effect.
Clearly, it appears anyway, that this was a slip of the tongue seized upon by the Trump campaign.
My point is that, had Trump made the same gaffe/slip-of-tongue/ etc that, imo, it would have been magnified to a much greater extent in the media to portray him negatively.
It is this type of reaction - blowing a lot of his dumb comments out of proportion, but not applying the same rigour to Bidens clangers - that feeds into Trumps narrative of 'fake news', a tool he uses to emboldens his supporters.

No different to yourself.
I have applied the context in which the comment was made. You are applying your own perceived context. I have clarified the matter above, so hopefully you get it now?

Yes, you honestly thought that Biden was caught admitting to fraud! I get it

I asked if he had made the same comment as Biden about voter fraud, intended or by way of a gaffe, that the media (and political) reaction would have resonated to a much greater degree?

Biden spoke about measures to prevent voter fraud, and to address the Trump campaign's efforts to suppress and intimidate voters. You still seem to think he said something to the opposite effect.

Of course we'd all be very surprised if Trump made a similar statement as he is actively going in the opposite direction. His buddy DeJoy has implemented measures to slow the mail service and discourage mail-in ballots they expect to favour Biden. Trump has openly admitted he is deliberately making it harder for people to vote. He ordered the removal of sorting machines, of course mainly in 'unfriendly' states. He has repeatedly made unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud in US elections. So yeah, I think the media would go crazy if he flipped and spoke about attempts to reduce fraud rather than setting it up as a face-saver in case he loses.

Because I'm sure he intended to say "the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud [protection] organisation" in history, or words to that effect.
Clearly, it appears anyway, that this was a slip of the tongue seized upon by the Trump campaign.

I take it you still haven't watched the full interview?

The Gardai's fraud squad is tasked with detecting, investigating and preventing fraud, somehow we all understand that when people talk about the fraud squad. No one jumps up and down when the commissioner or others in authority refer to them with that term.

Anyone jumping on a snippet of that interview to suggest Biden meant they were encouraging of perpetrating fraud shows a level of comprehension more appropriate to primary school, and the early years there at that.

Back