November 3, 2020: Consolidated General Election.

... if he had made the same comment as Biden about voter fraud it would be all over the media and political opponents scrambling the airwaves.
It is this type of reaction, that in my view, plays into Trumps rhethoric of 'fake news' and emboldens his support.

Really - does anyone even remember any of the following? Was it all over the media and airwaves? Nope - because before they could even make the media, there are other news events happening

Sep 30th
Concern is growing over potential confrontations at polling places due to deep partisan divides and baseless claims by President Trump that Democrats will "steal" the election.

In Tuesday night's debate with Democrat Joe Biden, Trump repeated his attacks on widespread mail-in voting, calling it a "disaster" and saying "this is not going to end well."

The president also urged his supporters, as he has done before, "to go into the polls and watch very carefully."

Such appeals have unnerved voting rights advocates and election officials, especially in light of civil unrest in several cities around the country that have pitted armed groups from the left and right against each other.

Sep 3rd
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump has urged residents in the critical political battleground of North Carolina to try to vote twice in the Nov. 3 election, once by mail and once in person, igniting a furor for appearing to urge a potential act of voter fraud.

Aug 13th
President Trump has admitted to intentional voter suppression. The Post reports, “President Trump said Thursday that he does not want to fund the U.S. Postal Service because Democrats are seeking to expand mail-in voting during the coronavirus pandemic, making explicit the reason he has declined to approve $25 billion in emergency funding for the cash-strapped agency.”

Mar 31st
Donald Trumphas admitted that proposed measures to make it easier for Americans to vote - including mail-voting - would make it harder for the Republican party to win an election.
https://www.linkedin.com/shareArtic...ce=http://a.msn.com/01/en-gb/BB11XRpk?ocid=sl
The comments came as the president discussed the coronavirus stimulus bill passed by the House of Representatives, and signed on Friday, providing a $2tn (£1.7tn) stimulus to Americans.

Democrats had attempted to include $4bn worth of measures to safeguard November’s presidential election, with specific provisions for mail and absentee ballots as well as online and same-day voter registration, and expanding early voting by 15 days.

“The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” said Mr Trump during an interview on Fox & Friends.

Reactions: Leo
?? The clip I posted was for 24 secs....are you saying there is another 6 seconds I need to see? Can you not just post the link?

I think the 30 seconds was the amount of effort you should actually put in to inform yourself

Exactly! Teach a man to fish and he might not fall into simple traps :D
Indeed, it reminds my of the saying "Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• Haha
Reactions: Leo
I'm coming to the conclusion this is a big fishing game - nobody could be that obtuse

You have sadly descended into the personals. I won't fall into the trap to respond in kind.

The full interview

Full interview

The relevant text

"But one of the things that I think is most important is those who haven’t voted yet, first of all, go to “I Will Vote dot com” to make a plan exactly how you’re gonna vote, where you’re gonna vote, when you’re gonna vote, because it can get complicated. Because the Republicans’ve [sic] doing everything they pan [sic] to make it harder for people to vote — particularly people of color to vote. So go to “I Will Vote dot com.”

Secondly, we’re in a situation where we have put together — and you’d [sic] guys, did it for our, the president Obama’s administration, before this — we have put together, I think, the most extensive and and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics. What the president is trying to do is discourage people from voting by implying their vote won’t be counted, it can’t be counted, we’re gonna challenge it, and all these things. If enough people vote, it’s gonna overwhelm the system. You see what’s happening now. You guys know it as well as I do. You see the long, long lines in early voting. You see the millions of people who have already cast a ballot. "

I'm still not getting how anyone could not get what he was talking about.

If you're Breitbart you might choose not to.

In general, if anyone was looking for a balance to what they see on Trump media channels, I'm not sure I'd advise Breitbart :)

I'm still not getting how anyone could not get what he was talking about.

This is post #93 - Im amazed at how what I've been talking about, the penny still has not dropped.

- If Trump had made this gaffe about voter fraud, the media would be all over it, imo.
- On a broader point, if Trump had made the entire comment above with a Democrat President sitting in office (swapping Republicans for Democrats, Bush for Obama, etc) then the media would be all over it. If you dont believe me, read it out loud with your best Trump impression :)

Clearly, if Trump had made these comments he would be accused of trying to subvert the legal process to challenge election results by trying to overwhelm the system. If you don't believe me, take a look at how the media reacted to this

Sep 3rd
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump has urged residents in the critical political battleground of North Carolina to try to vote twice in the Nov. 3 election, once by mail and once in person, igniting a furor for appearing to urge a potential act of voter fraud.

Clearly what Trump said was stupid. But if you check the full video of the comments related, it is clear, that his call to vote twice has been taken out of context.

Trumps call to vote twice was not a call for voter fraud, it was a call to expose voter fraud - watch the video. His logic, if the system is secure and sound anyone who votes twice, will not have their second vote registered as once you are marked off once, you cannot be marked off a second time, thus ensuring that everybody only votes once. If the mail-in system is not secure and sound, voter fraud will be exposed by the amount of votes cast and people voting twice. It is absurd carry-on for a sitting President, no doubt about it, but the context in which he called for voters to vote twice was to expose voter fraud.

When you step-back from the hyperbole, Democrats and Republicans are accusing each other of voter fraud and manipulation. Things like this tend to emerge in deeply divided societies. Democrats never really accepted the result of the last election, hence the whole impeachment fiasco.

Last edited:
In general, if anyone was looking for a balance to what they see on Trump media channels, I'm not sure I'd advise Breitbart

My goodness, can you produce the wholly reliable source so? Is it an exclusive or something?

This is post #93 - Im amazed at how what I've been talking about, the penny still has not dropped.

- If Trump had made this gaffe about voter fraud, the media would be all over it, imo.
The issue is that Biden didn't make a gaffe; there is no penny to drop.

That of course is a matter of opinion. A slip of the tongue at least. In the overall context, no malice intended and in fact referring to protection against voter fraud.

Fact check USA Today
Asd has been pointed out plenty of time already the purpose of the Fraud Squad is not engage in fraud but to prevent it, the purpose of the Drug Squad is not sell drugs but to prevent their sale, the purpose of the Fire Brigade is not to set fires but to put them out. Therefore the purpose of a Voter Fraud organisation is to prevent Voter Fraud. There was no gaffe, there was no slip of the tongue. It requires intentional and deliberate misinterpretation of what it said for it to be a problem.

When you are in a hole stop digging.

There was no gaffe, there was no slip of the tongue. It requires intentional and deliberate misinterpretation of what it said for it to be a problem.

I'm quite happy to accept that Purple as far back as #post 53 in fact

What am I missing?
Enlighten me.
Yes, I linked to a Trump YT channel and I am quite happy to accept any clarification of context.
I'm happy to accept that what Biden was talking about was in the context of protection against voter fraud,

I don't see how I be clearer than that. I accept the premise of my claim that Biden made a 'gaffe' to be incorrect.

The premise upon which I posted the link however was that had Trump made such a comment that it would have been roundly seized upon and given the same deliberate misinterpretation, (#post 49) but to a far, far greater extent, than what Biden received - that is my opinion, agree or not.

It's unfortunate that I did not emphasis more this point and instead got caught in rabbit-hole of trying to deny that I believed the substance of the video link. I have only myself to blame for 'gaffe' claim, as I did consider it to be a gaffe but I am happy to accept that I was incorrect in this instance.

We can move on?

The premise upon which I posted the link however was that had Trump made such a comment that it would have been roundly seized upon and given the same deliberate misinterpretation, (#post 49) but to a far, far greater extent, than what Biden received - that is my opinion, agree or not.

It's unfortunate that I did not emphasis more this point and instead got caught in rabbit-hole of trying to deny that I believed the substance of the video link. I have only myself to blame for 'gaffe' claim, as I did consider it to be a gaffe but I am happy to accept that I was incorrect in this instance.

We can move on?
Ahhhhh, now I understand.
If your contention is that CNN is as biased as Fox, just in the opposite direction, then I agree.

The premise upon which I posted the link however was that had Trump made such a comment that it would have been roundly seized upon and given the same deliberate misinterpretation,

It's not deliberate misinterpretation. You are the only one here who thinks the media would have a field day if Trump said what Biden did. As I said earlier, Trump has openly admitted to voter suppression to deliberately disadvantage voters who are more likely to vote Biden, if it was anyone else, the media would go nuts, but because it's Trump, well, it's to be expected so it only gets a few column inches.

I'm guessing not even Trump himself thinks there was anything wrong with what Biden said, but he continuously quotes snippets from people out of context and then let's people like yourself join dots that don't exist to arrive at a wrong conclusion.

Back