Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,I called Emma from Lyndonbarry today re: the snag. She said the builders had problems trying to get a plumber but she said we should be getting a call at the end of the week. Everthing should be complete!!Cheers,J

Cool, have my mortgage in order pretty much....so how many people are living in Block A as it stands now?

Hey,

I reckon approx. 12 apartments have been signed for so far. I think about 6 apartments may be occupied. I've been in now for nearly 3 weeks. Enjoying being able to turn up my stereo until someone moves in beside me!

H

Alright, so how are the lobbies looking, last time I was there they were pretty messy, scratches on the wall floors dirty....is the underground car park now available?

Hiya,

The plastic is taken up from the lobby floor so you can now see the tiles which are lovely and more practical than a carpet. The lobby is still dirty with plastic on the lift doors and the walls are still marked but I'd imagine it'll be like that for a few weeks while the builders are still finishing off the other apartments. It's not an inconvenience or anything though as you'll just be passing through and I'm sure it'll all be cleaned up before they pack up and leave.

H

Sorry, underground car park still not open. Not sure what the story with that is, you might have to speak to Emma about it.

Hi all,

Can anybody offer how long it took them to get blinds from once they rang up the first company, to getting quoted, to having them fitted and completed?

Also, any word on when the gym next door will open for business?

Ditto, the large Retail Park (Gullivers?)?

Cheers!

muffin1973 said:
Hi Johobo

We do that commute to Sandyford from the apartments every day and leaving c. 7.15am it takes us about 40-50 mins on the M50 (my boyfriend's in for 8am as well)

I see IKEA are submitting their planning application today-I wonder how the extra traffic will affect the Ballymun ramp to the M50. I guess the entrance will be directly opposite Northwood. Anyone know?

Yeah IKEA has its pros and cons. No one can deny that it will not bring traffic problems. The Metro is bandied as a solution but subject to a succesful planning application 1st time, IKEA can be open for business in less than 2 years from now! metro long way off that!! It all going to get much worse before it get s better. I never use M50 between7-7 ever.
The gym is due late March last time I enquired. That UG car park is becoming a joke now! There is carnage out trying to park. Some person is going to have the side of their car reversed into one day for parking on the kerb behind the proper spaces!

Hi guys,

planning application from today's Irish Times:

Location: Ballymun Cross/Old Ballymun Road (adjoining Statoil service station and new road to Santry Demesne), Santry, Dublin 9. Proposed development: five-storey mixed-use development in four blocks over basement car-parking with three commercial units and a café bar on the ground floor, 55 apartments (six one-bedroom, 36 two-bedroom and 13 three-bedroom units) and all associated site works. Applicant: D & C Taylor.

Schoko

hokey32 said:
Sorry, underground car park still not open. Not sure what the story with that is, you might have to speak to Emma about it.

Hokey32,

I spoke with Emma last Monday (20-Feb) and she said that the underground car park should be open within 2 weeks. She will get in contact with all who are due to get a space underground to arrange for swipe cards to be handed over.

Have fun,
Jan

Hey all,Just received word from Emma that are apt should be ready this afternoon or tomorrow morning. So depending on the final inspection from our snagger we should be in, in an couple of weeks.Just wondering if anyone else had word!!cheers,J

No word yet on mine, it is going on 5 weeks since I did my snag....so much for 1 week turn around time!

I was speaking to Emma this morning and she advised my apt would be ready for closing in two weeks approximately. I did the snag over three weeks ago at this stage!

I see Heywood Court seems to be selling well as HOK told me the 1 bed apts are all reserved and the 2 beds are starting from €359,950!!

Anybody get true valuations on their apartments (Not just the usual lip service for the morgage valuation)?
Do they match up to this??

Hey did my snag 5 1/2 weeks ago at this stage, got a call for final inspection last week and a good bit on snag still not done! hoping they will do quickly! Great prices on Heywood and hopefully plans for Metro get the green light later this month, that will deffo increase the values!

Well I did not have an exact valuation but I had an auctioneer doing some other work for me and I mentioned my lymewood mews apartment, gave him the specs of the apartment, floor, location etc. He knew northwood well from selling previous places, he said my apartment would get 400,000 +, he was amazed at the original price of the apartment....well I guess it has been well over two years!

coop said:
Hey did my snag 5 1/2 weeks ago at this stage, got a call for final inspection last week and a good bit on snag still not done! hoping they will do quickly! Great prices on Heywood and hopefully plans for Metro get the green light later this month, that will deffo increase the values!
Two of the proposed routes are close to Northwood. The only problem is it looks like they are proposing a luas rather than metro, so I'd have reservations about its capacity. Eg Trying to get on a tram during the morning rush hour-a tram would already be full with traffic from Swords and the Airport. That's Ireland for you!!

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has heard any more about the residents' meeting? I heard the rumour that it was supposed to be on this week but haven't heard anything else about it since.
sm1

Hi Sm1 - yeah its on this Thursday at 7pm in the Crowne plaza hotel. Check your postbox, you should have a got a letter from Wyse about the meeting.

Thanks, I have been checking my post box religiously every day, but haven't got anything. See you all there!
sm1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back