Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all!

Just wondered who is the best person to contact with problems in apartment - one of my walls has developed a large damp patch! Should I contact Emma or a builder on site? If so, who is best person to speak to - that actually get things done? My father hasn't had much luck with the guys on site so far!

Thanks,

Schoko

Hey,

When I had a problem with a leak, I contacted Shane on-site and he sent a plumber the next day. I'll send you his e-mail address.

I just got my kitchen tiled and the guy did a great job, charged me €250. I'm in a type C apartment. If anyone wants his number just let me know.

Pam

easyrider and coop, my en-suite tiling is around the shower but stops about a foot from the ceiling, it is also tiled on the wall behind the toilet and up above the sink, you should make the builders do it.

As for the damp patch on the wall, the time I had the flood I rang Emma and went down to the site office and hassled the guys until Shane and 3 plumbers came up immediately. Usually Emma will sort those things out but you may need to keep on ringing.

I emailed Emma yesterday about the lights in my corridor and when I got home from work they were fixed.

Pam, I'd be very grateful for the number of your tiler, have had boxes of tiles sitting on the floor for several months now, it's about time I got them put up.

sm1

Pam said:
Hey,

When I had a problem with a leak, I contacted Shane on-site and he sent a plumber the next day. I'll send you his e-mail address.

I just got my kitchen tiled and the guy did a great job, charged me €250. I'm in a type C apartment. If anyone wants his number just let me know.

Pam

Shane was moved to another site (according to Emma).

schoko said:
Thanks for info re-magnet. Have decided not to opt for them as I had some pretty negative feedback from people already using it. Sticking with eircom for phone and broadband and NTL for tv - not the most cost-effective option but I've never had any problems with them in the past!

Schoko

You can still stick to NTL for your TV and just get Magnet for phone and broadband, they are the fastest and one of the cheepest broadband around by the way.
They have a phone (free local/national calls) and broadband (4mb) package for €38 per month, €28 for the first 2 months, but may be cheaper deal for lymewood residents.
[broken link removed]

I really dont think Eircom comes anywhere close to that... and for the installation fee you would have to pay with Eircom you would nearly get a full year for free

Hi all,
Does anyone else think we should have swipe cards or something instead of the keypad?
sm1

Why do you think that would help, do you think he knew the code?

I think people need to start closing the door correctly, or stop holding it open for strangers....you should be able to notice a scumbag....

Hi again,
I I am going to email the developers now and I think everyone else should, cause once they're gone, it'll be impossible to get anything done. Let me know if anyone has any ideas.
sm1

Hi Mewsers,

Im slow to intervene in a such a well behaved and neighbourly thread but........

...I should point out that by posting details of the security (or lack thereof) arrangements so publically on the www may not be a very wise move.

aj

Vlad,

What a disaster, thank God, they didn't get in indeed! Really sorry to hear that as I know you were so looking forward to the big move!

Hi guys

I know - another break-in - bad enough once but the security in the place is laughable. It would seem they just targeted the postboxes with post in them - shows you the importance of taking your post out of the letterboxes every day and maybe if you're away, to ask your neighbour to take it for you.

{edited by Marion}

Vlad - am so sorry to hear of your door being smashed in like that, that is horrific. Are you near the foyer i.e. were they trying the first door they saw? I think you should get onto the builders for a new door - it's their fault that the front door is so crap, they should take some sort of responsibility.

sm1 - i think swipe cards are a good idea - also a door that actually worked properly without having to be careful about closing it, would be a help. Even if the inside door had a swipe on it that would help. Did your boyfriend just see one guy?? Just as well he didn't try to intervene, would have been a bad idea. There should definitely be security cameras installed. This sort of thing just makes me sick to my stomach - after waiting so long to get into the apartments you don't need that crap.

Lucky - did the guards ever turn up??

Take care all

M

Hi guys,

agree with need to increase security. {edited by Marion}[/red] Does anyone have alarm on their apartment? wasn't going to bother but reconsidering now.

schoko

morning,

sm1 - have emailed Emma too regarding inadequate security. Do you think they will repair broken mailboxes? I'm thinking of having all my personal mail, e.g. bank stuff, etc. - addressed to my work address.

Schoko

schoko,
I'm guessing the management company will fix up the letter boxes and it will go onto our bill for next year. Don't know for sure though. I'm not sure how they find out about these things though, is there any way of contacting them or do we assume they come around on a regular basis?
sm1

Hi all,

received following reply from Emma:

"The management company is responsible for providing security. David Ward, rep for Lymewood Mews, has been notified of the incident and will be taking the necessary measures. However, any steps taken by David will have to be with the cooperation of all residents. It has come to our attention that the code to the door has been passed onto to non-residents and that the front door is not being closed properly. David will be addressing all these issues over the next few days. He can be contacted at 8470600 or david.ward@wyse.ie "

I think the obvious solution is to get rid of the "code" access system - it is inevitable that people will pass the code on to friends, etc. However, it is also relatively easy to figure out the code or to see the code is, if observing someone at the door. I would have a preference for using a key or swipecard to gain access - that way we could limit the amount of keys/cards in circulation - as with keys for apartments, each apartment could have 3 keys/cards for main door.{edited by Marion.

Schoko

OMG have to say I'm in complete shock and very nervous about moving in now, please keep us up to date on developments
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back