Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnet points are actually computer network ports if you know what they look like, similar to what you might have in your work office.
They look like phone ports except a little wider.

schoko said:
Hi coop,

may I ask what kind of apartment you have, on which floor? I was quoted and paid €1,742 - pretty steep!

Thanks,

Schoko

Hi There Schoko sorry have been away - looking at the treads after I seem to have miscalculated and didn't realise the prices did not include car park and refuse! so I am the same as you - I've a type B apt on the first floor
coop

if its of any interest to anyone, i rang around for contents insurance - FBD were the best at only 70 euro for 25, 000 (thats the minimum they'd do).

they didn't ask me hardly any questions and were really quick to quote me.

I also rang allianze and they asked me a load of questions, only to quote me over a hundred euro in the end!

i have no shares or anything in FBD, just letting people know you should compare whatever quote you get with one from FBD, they seemed good value to me. Mind you, I haven't gone through the fine print of the terms and conditions so there could be something nasty in there.

Hi All,

I did my snag list on friday and had hardly anything major wrong at all.
One thing I did notice was if you go out onto your balcony and look at the bedroom windows, there should be a black window sill under them.

Im on the 4th floor and looking down at all the other apartments under me, only 1 had the window sill. A pipe comes out of one of the bedrooms and excess water from the boiler drips out I think. So this window sill would be important to stop damp.

Just thought id let you know.

Cheers

Ant said:
Magnet points are actually computer network ports if you know what they look like, similar to what you might have in your work office.
They look like phone ports except a little wider.

These sockets are RJ45s, slightly bigger than their telephone counterpart which are RJ11s.

Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether anyone had the name of a good tiler? I only have a small bit of tiling, around the kitchen. Let me know if you can recommend anyone.
Thanks, sm1

I am also looking for a tiler, so would be grateful for any recommendations.

On another point, yesterdays Business Post had a few lines on Lymewood Hall saying that they would be launching in late February through HOK.
100 apartments in 1st phase, no prices as of yet but I reckon the HOK website should have more info in the next week or two.

Mac

jdwex said:
And for those who like their food-plenty of rabbits around...:)
seriously though, Zao in Santry is excellent, and do deliverys Mon-Thursday now. !
Noticed they were delivering leaflets saying they were doing deliveries 7 days a week nowe..

Hey,

Does anyone know if we should have a screen door in the en-suite? I did my snag and there was none.
Also in the main bathroom the shower head was missing, should there be a shower head holder like there was in the showroom?

jdwex said:
Noticed they were delivering leaflets saying they were doing deliveries 7 days a week nowe..

Just got delivery from Zao... set meal for 2... very nice, will be ordering again.

easy rider

I had the same questions and as far as i can tell we should have the shower heads but someone earlier on this said they put them in at the end in case of pilfering etc.. myself and my mate didn't get shower doors but would be interested to hear if anyone else did? if not anyone got suggestions of best place to get them?

Yeah, I don't expect a screen in the main bathroom, but the ensuite I would....how about tiles behind the sink in the ensuite and the kitchen?

Hi easy rider,
originally when I snagged there was no shower head or shower screen in the en-suite. I put these on my snag and the builders put in both. There was no screen over the bath in the main bathroom though (that's a job for next weekend!), but there is tiling around the bath and above both bathroom sinks. If these aren't done you need to put them on your snag. Mind you, there were no shelves in the hot-press and even though I put this on the snag, they weren't done. Also, make sure you check your sealant around the bath and shower, mine wasn't done very well, and I spent the last weekend re-doing it myself and it's a very messy job!

On another note, is anyone living on the 2nd floor of block C along the corridor to the right of the lifts? The lights haven't been working for a few days and there are suspicious damp patches along the ceiling, looks like a leaky pipe. I have been on to the builders, but maybe if a few more people got onto them they might fix it sooner.

sm1

Hi all,

has anyone connected with Eircom for telephone line? I have just ordered my phoneline and was told it would take 4 weeks to connect as it is a brand new connection and there is no "soft dial tone" in place. The Eircom sales person told me builders normally left a soft dial tone in place but not in this case. Because of this I can't avail of Eircom promotion for free connection and have to pay €122 for new connection.

Anyone else had this experience?! More concerned about the speed of connection than the cost as I can't get apply for Eircom broadband until my phone line is operational!

Thanks,

Schoko

Yes the sealer in the bath and the shower was awful, have it down already....

I have tiling in the bath, yes, but tiling in the ensuite is only around the shower, how exstensive should the tiling be in the ensuite?

schoko said:
Hi all,

has anyone connected with Eircom for telephone line? I have just ordered my phoneline and was told it would take 4 weeks to connect as it is a brand new connection and there is no "soft dial tone" in place. The Eircom sales person told me builders normally left a soft dial tone in place but not in this case. Because of this I can't avail of Eircom promotion for free connection and have to pay €122 for new connection.

Anyone else had this experience?! More concerned about the speed of connection than the cost as I can't get apply for Eircom broadband until my phone line is operational!

Thanks,

Schoko

Would you not go for magnet for broadband? It is faster and already built in...

sm1 thanks for that on the ensuite shower door a saving of about 300euro I'd say!
Yeah I have a major problem with amount of tiling in bathrooms I had none in the en-suite (except aroudn the shower- which doesn;t go all the way to the ceiling!) none over sink and same in bathroom!

Schoko I've already been in contact with Magnet and they seem really good can have you up and runnning within 4 days of calling them, with broadband, TV and free local and national calls for a special 20euro for Lymewood for the first 6 months.
They say they will be adding MTV channels (thank god!) and Sky One and Sky News in the next little while.....www.magnetnetworks.com
Coop

Thanks for info re-magnet. Have decided not to opt for them as I had some pretty negative feedback from people already using it. Sticking with eircom for phone and broadband and NTL for tv - not the most cost-effective option but I've never had any problems with them in the past!

Schoko

coop said:
sm1 thanks for that on the ensuite shower door a saving of about 300euro I'd say!
Yeah I have a major problem with amount of tiling in bathrooms I had none in the en-suite (except aroudn the shower- which doesn;t go all the way to the ceiling!) none over sink and same in bathroom!

Schoko I've already been in contact with Magnet and they seem really good can have you up and runnning within 4 days of calling them, with broadband, TV and free local and national calls for a special 20euro for Lymewood for the first 6 months.
They say they will be adding MTV channels (thank god!) and Sky One and Sky News in the next little while.....[broken link removed]
Coop

How much is it after the 6 months?

Also re: the shower, same with mine, however in my Bathroom there is tiles (the large ones) that go up past my sink by around 2ft!

really need to re-check my b'room

after six months I think it takes a jump to about 59euro - not bad if you're an internet or phone aholic.... !! I really like the idea of Video on demand but neeeeed MTV before I'm a fan!

Schoko thanks for the advice on it but I have NTL at the mo and driving me insane with stalling/ freezing etc.. so at least I can try something else and if I gotta go back so be it!!

By the way, spoke with Emma today she said its taking 2-3 weeks from snag to final inspection - nightmare! not sticking to the closure at all (7 days) and I bet if I didn't it would be a major problem!

any idea when we get out of WYSE managment contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back