Lymewood Mews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
about the noise, I would definitely talk to the people upstairs (I hope it's not me!). If the people underneath me told me they could hear me I'd make an effort to be even quieter. I'm sure they wouldn't take offence. Coming from your solicitor would be guaranteed to put their backs up. I can't hear any flushing or anything like that though, mind you I'm on a corner so no-one to either side, only above and below.
Pam, did you ask the builders to sort your condensation? Mine is terrible, puddles on the window sills in the mornings.
sm1

Pam yeah my snagger put down about the tiling and hose as well as the extractors which he said are not working at all! He is also a little concerned about leaking marks in the basement which he has queried but is getting an engineer to look in to!! on mgmt fees seems liks i've been overcharged by 200euro so thanks so much for the info.

How are you finding the area etc.. is it spooky at night? are there many non-residents around northwood?
Coop

Schoko - The fans are all connected together above the ceiling in the storage room. All the fans go into some sort of duct and then from here the main extracted fan removes the moisture outside. The main pipe(its not a pipe but I can't remember was its called, looks we a pipe!) was being held together with duct tape this came lose, so nothing was going outside.
I really notice the difference when I'm cooking, I can now hear the fan in the kitchen, its now on all the time not only when I turn on the extractor fan. Also a huge different in the bathroom, the mirrors aren't steamed up as much and are cleared a lot quicker after having a shower.

If you go out to the balcony, there is a vent(small round vent outside the second bedroom)were all the moisture is extracted, there is a lot more power comes from that now then there ever was.

I hope I am making sense, if not let me know and I'll try and describe it in a different way.

I had asked the builders but I was told that it was because I was drying clothes, not opening windows etc. So I gave up on them and asked my Dad to had a look.

I still have some condensation but its not as bad as it was, I had water on the window sills and mould on the walls beside the window but that seems to have stopped now.

I love the area, but it is a bit lonely walking up to the apartments in the evening. It's dark and there is no one else around, bit dangerous on your own. Unfortunately I've no other choice but to walk, its just the part between the nursing home and our apartments. It's grand in the mornings cause there are loads of builders around.
Hopefully when everyone moves in, there will be more people walking around.

Pam

About the management fees, mine is 1,900.....may I ask how you are getting them lower, who are you asking why it is price x etc?

Thanks Pam,

My father had a look at my apartment and is concerned about condensation and insufficient ventilation. Am I correct here - the bathrooms do not have fans as such, they're more extractor "holes" than "fans"? (Hope you understand what I mean!) That was what I was told by Emma anyway?

Thanks,

Schoko

Hey,

thats great Pam will get it checked out whenever I get back to see it!

re: managment fees I was told on my closing letter it was €1742 which came as a bit of a shock as I tought it would be around the €1300 mark but had allowed an extra 200 just in case!! It was only when I saw Pam's post that I checked into mine and found that they have put me in as the wrong type of apt (as thats how they charge it)

Coop

Hi coop,

may I ask what kind of apartment you have, on which floor? I was quoted and paid €1,742 - pretty steep!

Thanks,

Schoko

Yeah coop, I'd be interested to hear the size and location as well! Who is everyone asking to check the prices with?

Hi ALl

I am new to this forum. There seems to be alot of interesting info coming from everybody. Fairplay to Everyone!! I just completed my snag on Sat. There seems to be alot of work need doing. I am quite interested in these quotations from the management Co. I have a type C1 apt(2 bed) located on the 2nd floor and was given a quote of 1500. I have tried to get in touch with Emma (Lyndonbarry) & Jenny from HOK but they still haven't got back to me on this. Has anybody got a list of prices?

Another thing has anybody put their name on the list for an extra car parking space? Each time I ring Jenny she either tells me a diff stroy or doesn't return my calls!! The story so far is they sent letters out to everyone saying they were selling spaces for 10,000. Now it's a case ' We don't know if we will even have any left!!' Why would they sends these letters out getting people hopes up??

Cheers,
J

Hi J,

Yep, we've a c1 apt as well and paid Eur 1500.
Can't help on the car park as we didn't actually go for one!

Its decided then Lucky, go up and knock and see how you get on with them. The forum has voted.... true democracy!
Hope its not me either!

Bingbunny you asked about flipping: if you know the developer, and have a buyer in place you can just get the developers solicitor to reexecute the contracts in the new buyers name. Its quite simple really with a willing developer buddy! The investor also prob got it at a lower price than offered to us! Probably not stricly legal to the tax man but who could ever know!
But....If the investor does not have the desired offer in place and the developer is pushing him to close this is when he will not be able to resell as new.
As you say HOK are seeking excess 330 for a 3rd floor advertised as 315!
Thats great appreciation for us all as Lowe advertised 330 and sold one excess 350 and are seeking same for the other.

do you have to get magnet telephone, broadband & tv?

i just want the TV, would I be better off going with NTL?

I think so Vlad, but you'll be waiting about 4 weeks for NTL to connect you! Call Magnet and see if the offer separate deals!

we got magnet, they were quick to come out and set up, we had problems with them for a few weeks, our internet kept cutting out and their customer service is so rigid we had to keep going through their different systems and requirements for checking, eventually they came and replaced the units and it works perfectly now, touch wood, the only annoying bit about it is that they have the channels pre-tuned so you have to scroll through a load of channels that you aren't subscribed to to get to the one you want.

Thanks Lucky for the info. How you finding the C1 apt? Is it spacious? I thought the sitting/dining area looked quite small, especially to fit a couch and a dining table in it. Maybe when the furniture is in it might look a bit bigger?

Agreed MB, Had a few teething problems ourselves, but Magnet are doiing the biz now, thank God!

Johobo, no probs at all, it is really spacious particularly for 1 or 2 people - we have a 3 and a 2 seater and dining table and 6 chairs in and theres loads of room! Exactly the same though, was well worried that everything wouldn't fit in but its perfect!

Hi all

re the management fees, I got a copy of the entire list of them emailed to me from the guy dealing with it in O'Donnell Sweeney, the solicitors, but it was back in Sept/Oct at this stage and I can't remember his name now. If you ask Emma in Lydonbarry she'll email you on his email address. Anyway, it listed all the apartments and what each was being charged based on size and what floor they were on (I think).

Pam, couldn't agree with you more re walking home at night, really not very nice and the area you specify (between TLC and the apartments) is exactly the bit I don't like either! Not much choice myself but to walk from the bus unfortunately. I'm amazed that seeing as how loads of people have moved in now, there's not more people walking all the way to Lymewood - most seem to be going to Temple Court...

We had a problem with NTL in the bedroom as the connection outside hadn't been hooked up correctly, but the NTL guy came out last saturday week and sorted it so the reception is perfect now. When we originally got NTL out, they came out pretty quickly and sorted us out so no major complaints. We only wanted the TV as well and we'd heard bad things re Magnet so like I've said before, better the devil you know!

M

Hey All,

Okay have my snag tomorrow, type A apartment (corner), 2 bed....anyone done a snag on a Type A yet.....anything to look out for? How did you find the size of the aparment?

I imagine Block A snag must be done pretty soon as I am on the top floor so if it is from bottom to top snag wise expect more people moving in pretty soon....when are they opening the new entrance, the one close to the Gym....oh and any prices on the Gym yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back