Things that annoy you?

As a cyclist these get to me:
Pedestrians fiddling with their iPods while standing on the cycle lane.
Cars parked on the cycle lane.
Cyclists coming directly at me in the opposite direction, in the same lane.

Non-Dubliner Irish people who have lived and worked in Dublin for years who still go "down home" at every opportunity, who refuse to get to know their neighbours or join in any local activities and then moan about the lack of community in Dublin.:rolleyes:

People who swear incessently.

Wow, this does feel better. :D

Non-Dubliner Irish people who have lived and worked in Dublin for years who still go "down home" at every opportunity, who refuse to get to know their neighbours or join in any local activities and then moan about the lack of community in Dublin.:rolleyes:

In fairness, you could say the same thing about relocated, commuting dubs living in Meath, Louth etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8Lady http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=735252#post735252

In fairness, you could say the same thing about relocated, commuting dubs living in Meath, Louth etc.

Both can all be summed up in one pet hate - people who refuse to accept where they permanently live.

Even worse are those who constantly claim that where they originally came from is better than were they live. The forget that actions speak louder than words - if wherever they are from really was better, they'd still be living there.

"Dublin = Centre of Universe" attitude.
Pump billions of euro into infrastructure, attracting jobs, regeneration, fancy schmancy crap to make people think Dublin is a modern cosmopolitan capital city. Newsflash!!! Supermacs and McDonalds on the main street of the capital doesn't make it cosmopolitan. Starbucks and Subway does not make it hip. Gridllock and crime and urban sprawl make it horrendous to live in.
Share the wealth and job investments to the other 99% of the land mass...and build UP, not OUT, and then it will be a place to be proud of, not an embarrassment.

Newsflash!!! Supermacs and McDonalds on the main street of the capital doesn't make it cosmopolitan.

But not only do we have a McDonalds, but two McDonalds and a Burger King there as well! Don't forget Ann Summers in a prime location accross the the GPO :D

Will I get away with a fine, or would you expect a short prison sentence.

Write out "There is no such thing as a free lunch." 100 times. Then I will let you back into my class.

I honestly find it hard to think that Ministers et al are blagging overseas trips.

Without giving too much away, I know an Irish ambassador to a far away land. All was fine peaceful and quiet for several years, until our gombeen men found out that this was a great place to visit. Then every few months one or another would find some way of visiting at tax payers expense. Not only were the flights half way around the word for their entourage paid for by us, but each time one arrived, the ambassador had to arrange all their accommodation, sight seeing and hold a formal reception inviting all the local knobs. Let’s just say that the ambassador was more than a little annoyed at the waste of tax payers money.

If they could afford to :p

...which reminds me of something a neighbour said to me a few years ago that there are loads of 20 and 30-smoething people living in housing estates around the country waiting for their parents to die so that they can afford to move back to where they came from.

...which reminds me of something a neighbour said to me a few years ago that there are loads of 20 and 30-smoething people living in housing estates around the country waiting for their parents to die so that they can afford to move back to where they came from.

Well, there's a morbid thought!

Baloney about people being over 70 being entitled to and medical card regardless of income. Come on , does someone with a good pension and assets deserve this ? And don't tell me they don't use it if they have it . I know of millionaires who are using the medical card. People with money are often much meaner than those who never had it. Could we have some rational debate for once!

Generalisations about the public service. I totally agree with reform and feel that lack of it is actually very unfair on diligent people in the public service. I felt that the government of the day missed a great opportunity to tackle absenteeism and ineptitude when benchmarking was proposed. However, I am sick to death of generalisations. Blame the employer for failing to manage it, stop blaming ALL the employees.

The rubbish about the Celtic Tiger, and the boasting that went with it. We alienated half Europe and then we vote No. We're an ungovernable lot!!

RTE.........and their take on Obama, talk about partisan, but they've plenty of practise as they were very good at playing the Irish Republican card.
RTE..............Tell, Kenny, Finucane, Tubridy, Ryan and Duffy that times are hard and we can no longer afford them. Go on take a chance, bet there's no one out there going to offer them those salaries. Negotiate salaries more in keeping with the size of their audience.
End of present rant!!!!

People who park up at the filling station, leave their car at the pumps after its been filled with petrol, go into the shop with the 2-3 snotty kids, proceed to buy 2 slices of various processed meats for the kids lunch, (he'll only eat ham and she'll only eat chicken carry on etc). Then has a chat with bridie from down the raod about all the homework the poor 7 year old gets, then row with the kids about getting sweets only to give into them in the end, then realises she needs milk, starts the process over again, says good luck to bridie, and out into the car to strap in the 3 whelps that should be well able to walk up to the shop and get the messages for her.. then remembers she nearly forgot to pay the attendent. makes a joke with him about same. straigtens herself and looks in the rear view mirroe, salutes me and then drives off.. all the while i just want to get €10 worth of unleaded and go home and there she is holding up the whole show...

Funny!

things that annoy me..hmm..
1.Mary Harney
2.Mary Coughlan
3.Brian Lenihan
4.Enda Kenny
5.Pat Rabbitte
6.Brian Cowan
7.Jackie Healy Rae
8.and the rest

daithi

The house that gave my grandaughter loose two loose "coca cola" sweets wrapped in toilet paper last night. Their two 08D cars in the driveway didn't quite match their generosity.

The house that gave my grandaughter loose two loose "coca cola" sweets wrapped in toilet paper last night. Their two 08D cars in the driveway didn't quite match their generosity.
Adults and/or kids who judge people by their handouts on Halloween

Re: Believe it or not, internet exists outside Dublin :)

Dublin focus on this site.

Sure look at liaconn's post above.
Going into Dublin city centre is never mentioned here, it's going into town and if you don't know that's Dublin they you are supposed to assume it.
micmlo
The reason I didn't specify it was Dublin was because I said, quite clearly, in the first sentence, that my father had gone into 'town' to join the pensioners' protest. This took place in Dublin and was headlines on all the news. Therefore, it was quite reasonable to assume that people would know I was talking about Dublin.

Back