Things that annoy you?

The house that gave my grandaughter loose two loose "coca cola" sweets wrapped in toilet paper last night. Their two 08D cars in the driveway didn't quite match their generosity.

Wouldn't be bothered about the small number of sweets...it's the "wrapped in toilet paper" that makes me go :eek:

kids remember exactly who gave them nice sweets and who didn't.
My issue is with the mollycoddled little brats being driven around the estate by a parent....who no-one recognised...probably not even from our estate. Now that's bloody cheeky !!

Second annoying woman I've observed this week:

This morning in the garage, her kid runs into the cuisine france display and pulls down about 5 scones/buns which dropped onto the floor (beside coffee machine very mucky and wet this morning), Mother comes up behind kid, picks them all up, put them back into one of the baskets and mixed them all around so you wouldn't know which ones fell! :eek:

(I took the basket out and handed it to the girl behind the counter)

This thread annoys me. Too much going on and too negative !

Most roads have plenty of space for two cyclists. The problem arises with the cars. It's not a matter of getting revenge on drivers. It is a simple defensive tactic to protect one's own safety. I always cycle more than a car-door width out from parked cars. I'm not doing it to slow down cars. I'm doing it to accomodate the drivers who regularly open their doors without checking.

I live in a country area. The minor roads around here do not have space for two cyclists to cycle together. Yet frequently I have to drive behind pairs or sometimes groups of cyclists for long distances at cycling speed, because they insist on cycling two abreast and it would not be safe for me to overtake.

That's just selfishness.

• wine snobs... most wouldn't know a good wine from a bad one without the price tag to tell them!
  • venues that run out of toilet paper - on quiet nights!
  • cyclists without lights or reflectors
  • motorists on mobile phones who drive cars that are multiples of my annual salary... if I can afford a bluetooth kit for a 00 yaris, why can't they for a 08 Merc convertable!
  • anyone with a child bouncing around a back seat without some sort of restraint
  • people who want a cappucino / latte in a cafe during the hectic days before Xmas - it's going to take 5 min! its far from frothy coffee we were raised!
  • Ugg boots and crocs.... ugly, ugly, ugly...

• wine snobs... most wouldn't know a good wine from a bad one without the price tag to tell them!
I had to laugh at this. I used to work as a waitress when I was younger and, on quiet days, we would entertain ourselves by giving different wines to particularly annoying customers. Example:
Tut tutting at the choice of wines the customer will then order a glass of the second cheapest wine saying that they wouldn't dream of touching Chardonnay. Waiter will then just give the customer whatever wine is open - Chardonnay if possible - and in all my years I don't think a customer ever returned wine saying they didn't get what they ordered!

Re: Believe it or not, internet exists outside Dublin :)

Eh, that's not me but if you were referring to my post, I did agree with you a few posts later.

You obviously missed that.
And then I gave better examples then your post. You missed that too

No, I didn't miss it. But it just seemed to be backing up your original remarks.

That awful "song" about Barack Obama being Irish on the Late Late last night. Horrendous.

That awful "song" about Barack Obama being Irish on the Late Late last night. Horrendous.

Claiming people as Irish when they've barely any connection with the country annoys me. Unless it lets them play football.

He's got as much if not more English, Scots-Irish and German in him. Here's the [broken link removed].

Claiming people as Irish when they've barely any connection with the country annoys me. Unless it lets them play football.
If I remember correctly, you must be an Irish Citizen to play football for Ireland.
I agree with your general point, makes me sick also.

Back