Things that annoy you?

Mpsox

It's been a tough few months, what with the recession, stock markets falling, the credit crunch, lousy weather and the budget to make us all fed up. However theer are a whole lot of small petty things that drive each of us mad sometimes, here are mine for starters (in no order I might add)
  • Drivers who don't indicate at roundabouts, it's ok, I can read your mind, I know exactly where your going
  • The van driver of a well known construction firm that passes me at 6.45am every morning outside Carlow at 50-60km over the speedlimit
  • Large girls who wears clothes that are 2 sizes at least 2 small for them, Flabby flesh on show is not flattering ladies. Neither is orange fake tan for that matter
  • The well known DJ of a national radio station that doesn't like his name being mentioned on boards like these. Here's the truth, you're not funny!!!!
  • People who use mobile phones in cars. Is the call so important it can't wait?
  • Audi/BMW/VW Passat drivers, maybe it's my imagination but if someone is going to pass me driving like a loony on the way home, they nearly always seem to be driving an Audi, BMW or a VW Passat
  • Men with combovers, why oh why oh why?
  • People who can't park their car properly in lined car parks. The idea is that you park between the white lines, not over the middle of them. Likewise people who park half on the footpath but in such a way that I can't get past with a buggy if I am taking my smallie for a walk
It's cathartic, get it off your chest folks

At the moment,

Money being sucked into the black hole, known as the HSE.
Being lied to by politicians. eg the Luas was finished on time and one budget.
Companies/public bodies which don’t reply to emails.
The use of mobile phones on public transport.

Plus all the above, except that fellow in the van, I dont think we have met.
Fake tans - Have you seen those girls who have orange hands but white thumbs!
After seeing Joe Duffy live in action about 15 years ago, I can safely say he is worse than the other fellow, who will remain nameless. :)

Last edited:
The one person in every meeting who insists on being heard, being a pain in the backside and talking over everyone else with no deference to protocol (and the chair person who let's it happen)..yes! it's been a tough old week.

Not using indicators!
People driving close behind me..as Mr Bubbly says "if I farted, they'd smell it"
Cars parked on predestrian crossings right outside school (usually people dropping off their kids)
Shop assistants who answer the phone or stop to chat someone while serving me
Unnessarry (sp) swearing
Words I can't spell!
People making me drive into the ditch when passing on a narrow country road..just because I have a 4x4-I have paintwork I don't want to get scratched too, you know
I'm sure there's more but I hate lateness and I have to be somewhere.....

What is a combover ? what really annoys me is the word <leverage> instead of borrowing

1) Queues a simple concept - 1 behind the other - You'd THINK!!

2) Airport Queues - at Passport Control - people in a hurry to overtake - even though THERES A Q - A couple behind you - next time you see them they are 10 m ahead of the Q....

3) Airport Queues - at Check in - trolleys in your ankles - cases steadily moving ahead of you - and NOTHINGS MOVED AHEAD OF YOU!

4) Airport - getting on / off the plane - why do people jump up like lunatics to get on / off planes??? They haven't even parked the plane and people are trying to get bags out of storage *L*

5) Planes - seats back - say no more.

In no particular order:

Drivers that indicate left when making a left only turn (and so on).
People stopping and being rooted to the spot on escalators or on those moving walkways in airports - if you want a rest then find a seat.
People on buses/airplanes who get up minutes before it is due to stop to stand in the aisle.
People who ignore seatbelt-on signs on planes.

What about people who say "...I'm only being honest" when in fact they have just been simply very rude?

Or (usually those same people) who think they can be as rude to you as they like, but are outraged and flabbergasted if you have the audacity to be rude to them.

:mad::rolleyes:

What about people who say "...I'm only being honest" when in fact they have just been simply very rude?

Or (usually those same people) who think they can be as rude to you as they like, but are outraged and flabbergasted if you have the audacity to be rude to them.

:mad::rolleyes:

Used to know someone who would close every insulting or rude statement she made with "I'm from the North [of England], we speak our mind"

Drove me nuts!

People who don't pick up dog poo....especially if I stand in it

Shop assistants who finish their chat before acknowledging you

People who try to flaunt how much cash they have

The parents who think it's OK to leave their kid at my house for hours on end.....but always seem to be going out when my fella calls to them.

Ticketmaster - sigh......

Another vote for Ticketmaster, or the entire ticketing system around today for anything thats popular.

I don't mind missing out on tickets if everythings fair to everybody, but there is nothing more infuriating than sitting at your PC at exactly 9am to try to get tickets, for you to be unsuccessful. As I say, this is acceptable, but when you see the SAME tickets for sale on auction sites THE NIGHT BEFORE it really just tells you that ticketing is one big scam.

These sellers obviously know that they are guaranteed tickets. So how do they get them?

Its all a joke, and intensely annoying.

Emails:
1. Being forwarded on again and agian. Can people not delete all the crap before sending it on to someone else.

2. The ones you are meant to send to 20 peope in the next 20 minutes. Especially hate the ones with 300 pictures of flowers or cats or cute kids in a slide show presentation. What is the point?

3. Signatures which take up half a page.

4. Same goes for companies putting fancy logos on every email you get from them.

5. Really bad titles or worse again no title at all.

Posters who continually whinge about the public service.
RTE.
Phrases such as: "ahead of", "copperfasten", "stakeholders" "best in class" or worse "best of breed":mad:
The PC Brigade.

Back