Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they have stopped work (almost completely - except the penthouses) on the Ash and are working on the Oak at the moment.

Hi all, I noticed in the last few days that they seem to be putting an additional layer of grey cladding on the external walls of The Elm. Quite pleased actually looks better than what they had on it (see previous side pics of The Elm), which looks a bit dirty - guess that's just an underlay.

Yes noticed that all pods seem to be in position on The Oak now also.

Have some more pics, will stick them up on the site when I get a chance.

Cheers,
Rob

Hi All,
Contacted Barry in HOK yesterday and he is still claiming that the Elm will be snagging end of July early August for sign off mid-late August.

Drove by during the week and saw a truck full of kitchen appliances being offloaded

Just on the Oak, I was advised it was pushed from November to January but should be ready on time. One of the guys in Hooke and M actually bought in the Oak and he was the one that advised me. Was up there at the weekend and they are making good progress all over due to the good weather.

Mr Oak said:
Just on the Oak, I was advised it was pushed from November to January but should be ready on time. One of the guys in Hooke and M actually bought in the Oak and he was the one that advised me. Was up there at the weekend and they are making good progress all over due to the good weather.

So with snags and all we are probably talking Feb? Thanks a million for finding out :)

I just got confirmation from a friend working in the council office that a 6 bay halting site (ie 12 caravans) will be going between parkview and aikens village.
apparently there has been huge objections from aikens village as their penthouses will be basically looking into it. i'll have a read through the proposal i got about the site and post up more details asap. wondering if there's any way residents of parkview can put in an objection at this stage

Drove passed Parkview yesterday and it is looking good! The balcony's are being put up on the Elm as we speak - makes a huge difference to the aesthetics of the apartments. My only concern was the apparent lack of work done on the Ash. I was given a move-in date of October and I hope that was accurate.

Regarding the halting site, the plans look like they have definitely been passed but objections can sometimes hold up construction for many years. It might also be a case that the halting site will be part of the Social & Affordable housing scheme next to Parkview.

Etamagents said:
Regarding the halting site, the plans look like they have definitely been passed but objections can sometimes hold up construction for many years. It might also be a case that the halting site will be part of the Social & Affordable housing scheme next to Parkview.

The plans for the halting site are that there will be 4 bay halting site. This will enable 4 caravans to be housed on the site and behind each caravan there will be a permanent structure which provides washroom, living & Utility room but not bedrooms
for each of the 4 families

The proposed site is where the small triangular area next to the housing site on the parkview side. The site is fronted by a low stonewall and railings and will be completely seperate from the land where the social/affordable housing is going to be.

There is actually a gate already there. We only noticed it when we parked the car across from it and walked over to it. It’s not that big a site and there appears to be stream flowing through it so not sure how its all going to work out.

Yeah I was out there yesterday and I have to say its looking very good. I'm really pleased with the way the Elm is beginning to look with the balconies going up. I'm not even thinking about the halting site now. The entrance to Parkview is so far away from the entrance to the proposed halting site that it won't really have an impact. The only thing is to make sure that the council don't keep trying to add more bays. I've seen them do this before at other halting sites. The chances are the proposed halting sites in areas like Clonskeagh will never go ahead because of too much opposition so I wouldn't put it passed DLRCC trying to get more bays in the one in Stepaside. As for the social affordable...i presume people can object to that and I think it would be in the interests of residents to object. I have no problem with the affordable element but I don't want council housing near me. I don't care if thats a snobby attitude but I think with the big site on Blackglen Road being developed and Ballyogan and Kilcross nearby, the council are overdoing council housing in the area.

I see the last 8 apartments in Belarmine went up for sale and its nearly complete now except for the village centre and I have to say Belarmine is really beginning to look good as is Littlewood so I think the surrounds for Parkview are very good.

Hi.. first time poster... I bought in the first phase in the Elm with my boyfriend, I have been watching closely as I live near by. I have a friend who works in the council planning office who has is working on the social and affordable housing. There will be 7 blocks of apartments with two for social and five for affordable. She said they are being built in conjunction with Flemings and are of a very high standard. In regards to the completion date for the Elm i don't think snagging in mid-Sugust is likely but when i was there last night it looked like they had begun to level the earth all around the Elm so hopefully it won't be too long.

Asho said:
Hi.. first time poster... I bought in the first phase in the Elm with my boyfriend, I have been watching closely as I live near by. I have a friend who works in the council planning office who has is working on the social and affordable housing. There will be 7 blocks of apartments with two for social and five for affordable. She said they are being built in conjunction with Flemings and are of a very high standard. In regards to the completion date for the Elm i don't think snagging in mid-Sugust is likely but when i was there last night it looked like they had begun to level the earth all around the Elm so hopefully it won't be too long.

Ok, Im completely confused because when I spoke to the person in charge in DRCC they specificaly said that DRCC are not allowed build apartment blocks for social and affordable housing. They also said that there were going to be 80-100 units that were going to consist of duplexes and terrace houses similar to that of Belarmine and Aikens Village.

Im just wondering does that mean the 2 blocks left in Parkview are the ones that are going to be used for social / affordable because I wouldnt have thought the proposed site for social/ affordable housing would have been big enough to fit 7 blocks considering Parkview have 6 and the land is much bigger? I mean that would be 280 units at least.:confused:

not sure at all.. my friend said 7 blocks but didn't specify apartments so maybe I took her up wrong. The next time I see her I will ask her what exactly are the units like.. its all very confusing...

Asho said:
not sure at all.. my friend said 7 blocks but didn't specify apartments so maybe I took her up wrong. The next time I see her I will ask her what exactly are the units like.. its all very confusing...

I phoned again today and am now being told that the plans are still being looked at so there is no information available as yet?

Asho said:
In regards to the completion date for the Elm i don't think snagging in mid-Sugust is likely but when i was there last night it looked like they had begun to level the earth all around the Elm so hopefully it won't be too long.

I bought in the Elm and I rang Hooke and MacDonald last week and they said it would be snagging end July not mid August, and closing end August? Did anyone else get this info?

Dodoprincess said:
I bought in the Elm and I rang Hooke and MacDonald last week and they said it would be snagging end July not mid August, and closing end August? Did anyone else get this info?

I doubt it could be end of July. Thats next week. And a lot of the balconies haven't even been put in yet. Not even basic landscaping has started around the Elm and when you look in the windows at night when the lights are on you can see that a lot of work still needs to be done. I still reckon it'll be September at the earliest for snagging.

parkviewbuye said:
I phoned again today and am now being told that the plans are still being looked at so there is no information available as yet?

Typical of councils. Nobody seems to know whats going on and then before you know it work will have begun on the site. I might give them a go tomorrow and see can I force some information out of them!

southsideboy said:
Typical of councils. Nobody seems to know whats going on and then before you know it work will have begun on the site. I might give them a go tomorrow and see can I force some information out of them!

Thanks a million.

Just to add the builders holidays are starting friday 28th July for 2 weeks so nothing is going to be happening on site. All builders take these 2 weeks.

Hi All, Just to let you know I got a letter today from H&McD about snagging in The Elm. Snagging will take place by appointment only from 15th August onwards. I guess when builders are back from holidays. All going according to plan closing should be end of August early September. This is exactly what I was told when placing the deposit so the builders are pretty much on schedual. Makes a change as the rarely are on time these days.

sukie said:
Hi All, Just to let you know I got a letter today from H&McD about snagging in The Elm. Snagging will take place by appointment only from 15th August onwards. I guess when builders are back from holidays. All going according to plan closing should be end of August early September. This is exactly what I was told when placing the deposit so the builders are pretty much on schedual. Makes a change as the rarely are on time these days.

I got the same letter this morning. So its looking good.

Just a quick question. On the H&McD letter, it refers to the address as Dublin 18. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was under the impression it was Co. Dublin. I know Aiken's Village is D18 but I've seen Belarmine being referred to as both D18 and Co. Dublin.

Regarding Dublin 18 - I believe that all of south "County Dublin" that was previously unnumbered, has now received the area code Dublin 18. So good news folks - that means we're (Stepaside) now in the same area code as Foxrock, Blackrock, Dalkey, Carrickmines etc. Can only be good for property prices in the area I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back