Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK the Elm sold out fairly quickly (with the exception of a cpl of penthouses i think) so they then started selling apartments from the Ash because there was a lot of demand. The second official launch then was the Oak plus whatever was left in the Ash. AFAIK the Cedar was the then quietly released to meet whatever demand there was left and this sold out but I'm not sure about the Willow or Sycamore. Does anyone know if the social affordable housing being built beside Parkview includes the 20% for Parkview or will apartments in the last two blocks be used for this?? I doubt they will be but just wondering if anybody asked?

They've been on Hooke and MacDonalds website since they were launched except for some reason they were under 'new houses' but they are under 'new apartments' now and according to the website currently everything is sold out except penthouses

southsideboy said:
Does anyone know if the social affordable housing being built beside Parkview includes the 20% for Parkview or will apartments in the last two blocks be used for this?? I doubt they will be but just wondering if anybody asked?

When I phoned the Rathdown Dun Laoghaire County Council re the social and affordable housing they said that there were no apartments being built for the affordable housing.They said there were plans being drawn up for 80-100 units which were are going to consist of a mixture of duplexes and terrace housing.

Thanks for the feedback - I bought in the Cedar in March. 1st floor. Overall I think they are relatively good value for the size and finish. Only potential blot is the affordable housing site and recent discovery (per this site) of potential halting site being located somewhere in the vicinity.

However feel the development and area are strong enough to overcome these drawbacks.

stepasider said:
Only potential blot is the affordable housing site and recent discovery (per this site) of potential halting site being located somewhere in the vicinity

The plans for the halting site are that a proposal / plan is being submitted for a 4 bay halting site. This will enable 4 caravans to be housed on the site and behind each caravan there will be a permanent structure which provides washroom, living & Utility room but not bedrooms
for each of the 4 families

The proposed site is where the small triangular area next to the housing site on the parkview side. The site is fronted by a low stonewall and railings.

There is actually a gate already there. We only noticed it when we parked the car across from it and walked over to it. It’s not that big a site and there appears to be stream flowing through it so not sure how its all going to work out.

Just noticed that there is an apartment to let in Parkview already! No. 20 The Elm is being advertised on daft.ie with a moving in date of July 22nd!

Hi all,

Sorry for lack of photos - busy weekend again - hires photos are huge and take ages to upload! Penthouse shells are now in place on The Elm, obviously unfinished, and 3rd floor pods now all in place on The Ash. I would be highly sceptical about end-July move in date for The Elm... I was told November for The Ash (2nd block), likely later.

Regarding pricing questions - I bought in August I think in phase 1.5 (i.e. The Elm had sold out, but they released up to and including 3rd floor on The Ash (I suspect 4th floor was reserved for investor). I bought corner 2 bed apartment on 3rd floor for 385k - now worth 420k I believe. Size is 91 sqm (or approx 980 sq ft).

PS - apologies to those who wanted email addresses etc @parkview.info - it seems hosting365.ie messed up and didn't register the domain for me after all, despite being paid! Grrr. All other nice domains seem to be gone, so might be parkview-stepaside.com or something. Info later! Let me know how many people are interested...

Regards,
Rob

If we're talking about the same corner apartment, then it's 440 K now in The Cedar, according to their latest price list :), that's for the one on the fourth floor though.

AKO said:
If we're talking about the same corner apartment, then it's 440 K now in The Cedar, according to their latest price list :), that's for the one on the fourth floor though.

Well if thats correct Im happy cause it means we've made €40k on our's since October :D Here's hoping it continues

Well, seeing that the money wasnt technically ours to begin with .... but it is good to see all right :)

Nailed on skirting boards mighn't be that much of an issue BTW, it seems to be done a lot now, and there's little things called moldings or something like that that they can nail down at the gap between the skirting board and the floor boards, and that's cheaper than tearing down the existing skirting boards. So I've been told :)

Hi Guys,

If anyone is interested and wants to look into the technical / engineering aspects of our new apartments, I suggest you have a look at the following website: http://www.fusionbuild.com/home.html...

Fusion Build is a subsidiary company of the Fleming Group involved in the manufacture of the "pods" that have been mentioned previously.

Doesn't make for riveting reading but at least you can get an idea of the specifications of the pods and know what we'll all be living in!

Thanks for that Etamagents.
Im liking the.....
"Quieter Fusion’s party wall construction, with two structurally isolated steel frames, is in effect two separate houses. The sound reduction is considerably higher than the 53dB demanded by Building Regulations and the values typically achieved by traditional construction.

Less probability of foundation problems - less structural weight results in less movement "

Etamagents said:
Any sign of the photos yet?

Dont have any photos but we drove past the site on Sunday 7th May and it seems to be coming on very well. Neither of us really have a clue which blocks are which but we gathered that they have now started putting up the lift shafts for The Oak and The Cedar? The Ash and The Elm look like they are almost done - from the outside that is.

Again, no expert but we were happy all the same with the progress they are making.

Rang H&McD the other day and they said that completion date for the Elm is Late July/August. There's still a good bit of work to be done on The Elm and The Ash. Penthouse level still hasn't been finished, balconies haven't been put on yet etc and then some landscaping has to be done. When you drive into Belarmine and with Littlewood on your left, looking straight ahead the Elm is to the right and the Ash to the left. You can see the lift shaft for the Oak...its just to the far left hand corner of the Elm and then the lift shaft for the Cedar is to the left of the Ash if that makes any sense! Been out there a good bit lately and really liking the area in the good weather. I know theres a lot of building work going on but def theres so much greenery compared to most areas in Dublin.

Thanks a million SSB. Looking forward to seeing the elm and ash when they are finished. I wonder how long it will be before the whole development is completed. Hope we arent going to be listening to construction work for a year after we move in.

Hi all,

Sadly Register365.ie (also known as Hosting365.ie) failed to register the ParkView.info domain for me, notifying me 17 days after I purchased the domain through them!! Of course someone else bagged it in the mean time. Thanks Register365.

Anyhow, I've managed to secure ParkView.ws domain. I will be setting up a simple website for this over the next few months, and will be creating email addresses for those who want one. Suggestions as to what you'd like to see on the website would be welcome. You can get me at robertw @ shopecentre.com without the spaces.

Once again, sincere apols for lack of photos - but weather has been crap and not conducive to photography!

Cheers,
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back