Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, have finally taken some further photos of ParkView, and have laid them out in a nicely friendly format for you here:

[broken link removed]

Enjoy!

Rob

Cheers Rob...great pics and great layout! Was out there again today. I know this has been asked before but where are the shops going because I'm totally confused about that!

Glad you liked the photos. Definately good progress being made.

Regarding shops, I haven't found anything definitive as to where they're going to be positioned - however I notice that directly in front of Park View site is a site owned by Castlethorn - this may be it. (See below). I have some friends in Castlethorn, so will see if I can get some insider info.

GRANT PERMISSION
Lands at Belarmine, Newtown Little, Stepaside, Dublin 18
Proposed Development
For development consisting of revisions to the permitted mixed use development known as 'Belarmine' (Reg.Ref. D02A/0884) comprising an additional four storey residential block (Block 7 a-c) adjacent (west) of the permitted 'Feature Tower' (Block 7d) to provide 45 no. units (20 no. 1-bed; 16 no. 2-bed; 9 no. 3-bed); an additional set-back fifth floor and internal alterations to the permitted Block 7 e-g now to comprise 53 no. units (13 no. 1-bed 34 no. 2 bed; 6 no. 3 bed); and internal revisions to the permitted 11 no. units in Block 7d. The proposal also includes permissions to the permitted Village Centre (commercial GFA now c.3,780, sq.m.) comprising an additional 16 no. residential units with associated re-sizing and re-distribution of permitted residential units, now to comprise 52 no. apartments in total (17 no. 1 bed; 35 no. 2 bed); and internal alterations to the following: ground floor health beauty complex now to comprise c.1,344 sq.m.; upper floor retail and restaurant area now to comprise c. 1,545 sq.m; first floor offices (use classes 2 & 3) and community room now to comprise c.891 sq.m. The proposal also includes revised car parking provisions now comprising 142 no. spaces for the village centre at grade, and 110 no. spaces for Block 7; at basement level, turning bay and refuse area for block 7 additional dedicated refuse areas for the Village Centre; site development and landscape works, including a new access to Block 7 a-c from the permitted Road 18; all on a site of approximately 1.5 ha (c.3.7 acres) within the overall Belarmine development site which is bounded generally by Enniskerry Road to the west; Kilgobbin Stream to the north; Kilgobbin Lane to the south; and a site reserved for a possible future secondary school and the Landsdowne Old Wesley lands to the east at Newtown Little, Stepaside, Co. Dublin.
Applicant
Castlethorn Construction

Hey Guys and thanks Robbie for the pics. As far as I have been informed, the shops will be located opposite to the entrance of Parkview - where the parking lot is at the moment (the gate is always closed at night).

Called H&M - if anyone out there has purchased in the Ash - apparently move in date is 1st October. The Elm is in August. It will be interesting to hear what others have heard!

The Elm is looking good for completion in August I would say. From what I believe with these Pods, there is very little to do inside other than plumbing and electrics. I'm sure there is a lot more to it but bring on move in date!

Dont suppose anyone has heard when the oak will be ready? Would I be right in thinking March 07 considering The Ash went on sale in May 2005 and the Oak launched in October 2005?

Can anyone shed light on the garbage / bin situation at Parkview? Will there be communal bins that are emptied as part of the management fee or will individuals be responsible for rubbish collection? If there are communal bins, has anyone been told where they will be situated?

Also, I know it has been mentioned before but does anyone know how much visitor parking there will be? I was told not much. I'm not crazy on the idea of forking out an extra 20G's, especially with interest rates on the up again!!!!

One other thing, we got mortgage approval last September before we signed the contracts - I'm sure the lenders will be looking for us to re-apply because of the time that has gone by. When will ye guys be looking at applying again?

AKO said:
They told us November 2006 :(

Same here but if u look at the earlier postings that date changed to January 07.

Im just guessing March because the Ash was the 1st block to be sold and that was back in May 2005:confused:

Etamagents said:
One other thing, we got mortgage approval last September before we signed the contracts - I'm sure the lenders will be looking for us to re-apply because of the time that has gone by. When will ye guys be looking at applying again?

We had our mortgage approved in September last year and our mortgage broker has said that we should reapply Oct 06 - so we have enough time. I remember been told that approval only lasts 3months ?

Hi all,

Yes, mortgage approvals normally last up to 6 months, but of course you're still going to be stuck with the interest rate level when you draw down the money i.e. close the sale, i.e. get the keys.

I heard from H&McD that The Ash will ready in November, that they were running a month or two behind on all original predictions. That said, they're making good progress. I noticed that they're started doing the penthouses for The Ash in the last week. The Elm is completing pretty quickly, but I would be sceptical about August move-in.

Cheers,
Rob

Anybody here from The Oak? They got floors up there already too, I think two or three....

Affirmative > I am an Oaker. Any update on completion etc. I stumbled upon this site by pure coincidence. I’m impressed with all info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back