Parklands, Northwood, Santry

Hi all,

I've recently bought in block 3 with my gf. Glad to hear so many opinions on the dev, lots of positives thankfully. We got a ground floor apt, hoping to hear the experiences of other ground floor owners, be they good, bad, etc. Been up there a few times since we committed to this and it looks like a great area, I'm hoping that the bad stuff mentioned has been isolated and that everyone up there is liking it in general!

For what its worth, I have heard from a broker whos handling our insurance that lots of investors have bought in Parklands, but tbh I don't know if this is good or bad. Maybe some more experienced users can shed some light.

Finally, has anyone heard anything about parking spaces. Ive noticed that there are 2-3 spaces designated outside our rear windows. Would it be reasonable to insist that one of those be designated to us, given the potential for disruption? Or would we be better off asking for an underground space? Ive been told it will add up to E200 pa to the mgmt fee.

Congrats all on an informative thread!

More investors = more rented = more tenanted = more chances of problems. From plain ignorance and lack of respect to the common areas right up to mroe serious issues. Obvioulsy some tenants could not give 2 sh*ts about the place the EHB may be paying their rent for.
We have had to get 2 tenants evicted so far in our development. 1 of these deifnitely was evicted from TGs previosly.

Fair enough, thx for the heads up...

Any ground floor owners out there?

Yep - I'm on the ground floor. Have had no problems really apart from people using my patio(for want of a better description!) as a short cut.

Folks,

As the time nears that we will be all living in parklands, I think it is time we set up the website. I think we should register parklands.com maybe as a first step and then maybe look at a hosting company.

ANy thoughts?

Susan

Hey folks

First time poster here.

I live in Temple Court since 04 and I really think you are gonna like it. Its a nice area- quiet and no real trouble (the odd problem resident/tenant but thats all).

There is a bit more life coming into the area- I joined the new gym which is really cool. And as has been said, its very handy for town.

Anyway, you should all be moved in in the next few months so best of luck with all.

Steve

sue m said:
Folks,

As the time nears that we will be all living in parklands, I think it is time we set up the website. I think we should register parklands.com maybe as a first step and then maybe look at a hosting company.

ANy thoughts?

Susan
Hi Sue

What about setting up a yahoo/goggle group instead.
Few advantages
1. Its free
2. Less work set up
3. Can easily restrict users (non public group with only invited new members options)
4. Format is already Discussion Board Format friendly (if we set up own website would have to download Discussion board software and maybe pay for it as well)
5. Do not need domain name
6. No need for hosting company

Obv disadvantage not as flexible layout as own site but I think might be sufficient for what need it for ?

Had a little try at the weekend and it took me 5mins to set up a group What do u think? :)

As Badger knows this is where the LWm FORUM has gone. It does the job fine for free. A photobucket account was set up to be able to upload pics.
Its a good idea and has worked out well.

I was talking to guy form magnet yesterday and he said there will a special deal for Parklands. The first two months of tv/broadband will be free with the rest of the months at discounted price etc.

[broken link removed]

Susan

dont forget to register for http://groups.google.com/group/parklands

Hi all,

Was away for two weeks and just back, glad to see things are going well.Was up in Parklands last night and the barriers have been moved from Block 3 and placed after the entrance to the carpark at Block 4.Plants, bins areas and parking spaces are done too and windows for Block 4 are clean so it wont be long.

I cant believe the snagging wasnt up to scratch.Are they going to resnag again until its right?

Do magnet have all the stations that NTL have Sky Sports, Movies etc.I tried loggin on to the new site and when I went on after lgging in it said I can use it coz Im not a member.Anyone any idea to log on?

Hi,

I recently talk my sister into moving from Sky & Eircom to Magnet for her TV, Phone, and Broadband needs.

The service at Magnet was good, and the broadband and Phone can't be faulted (3mbs), but the TV is a disaster.

It uses an on screen schedule when changing channels - which means you're meant to be able to see what is on each channel, what is on next, what is on later, what-have-you. But the schedule is out of sync by about two hours, the channels don't properly correspond, and it takes about 5 seconds for the schedule to load each time she wants to change the channel which is all very, very annoying.

Magnet can probably fix this, so far my sister hasn't bothered asking, but I thought it is something I should metion. Maybe someone in TC has some similar experience and can tell us if it can be sorted?

Dedalus

moonbeam said:
I cant believe the snagging wasnt up to scratch.Are they going to resnag again until its right?

Hi Moonbeam,

Well I'm resnagging for the 2nd time on Friday. At that point I'm not sure what happens. Assuming everything is fixed, then I'll have no reason not to sign. If everything is not fixed then I guess it's up to me and my solicitor to make sure everything is sorted before i sign, i.e. "You're not gettin my money, until I'm happy with the place".. Not sure if that's how it works out in reality though.

I know there was a lot of problems with Magnet in LWM's, we had it, the phone rarely worked and the tv & internet kept going down - that's in addition to the timing being out on the tv. What was most annoying was that most of the time it went down was at the weekends when your calls would be put through to an outsourced call centre & not Magnet themselves. After about 2 months of this, I cancelled (mind you they have still not collected their equipment and are still billing me) and got NTL instead and have had no problems since.

i could have sworn that on a recent look around i saw the familiar NTL broadband box(es) in the apartments and one of the go digital green and purple pamphlets lying around ?? 'cos i remember thinking of the ntl free sign up deal that i recently got in TG....
yes, the phone sockets are for magnet lines.

You can go for magnet for tv, if you like it is just an option. But there is ntl boxes in the sitting rooms alright.

Can we try and use the new group - just so we dont have two different forums at the same time ?

Sue

Hi All,

Just reading all the bad stuff about Magnet. Can we not choose another telephone and internet provider? I mean we can't we contracted to this crowd if they are worse than Eircom and back to the bad old days when there was a monopoly in telephony...Does anyone know how this works?

Hi,

I dont want to go with Magnet at all.Ive heard way too many bad things about them.Im going to go with Eircom and NTL if its possible and there are NTL sockets in all apartments coz I remember seeing them when I went up to have a look.

Agreed Moonbeam..I work from home a bit and I use esat bt at the min. I need a secure and consistent link for the financial markets..So there is no way I am using Magnet after all the stories above. u should check out esat bt as I was using eircom b4..esat charges are cheaper on all fronts..line rental, broadband and calls are cheaper than eircom!..

Back