Parklands, Northwood, Santry

How many apartments are in the Crowne Plaza Complex in its entirety from Santry to the Ballymun side, does anyone know ?

Hass
When all developments are complete I think aprox will be 1250 units over the whole development
The last phase across from the Old Folks home they r preparing site at the mo, but have not gone to mkt yet and I'm not sure exactly how many units in this hense why figures are aprox

There are 199 in LWM, 96 in HWC 300 in build by elliot oppostie TLC and what ever existing PLs TGs style. That alloing for TGs PLs etc probably makes 1250 odd alright, there are a lot of those ones.
The 300 new Elliot will be of the same style as PLs TGs. Thats quite a lot !which will helm the 295 Lyndonabarry ones standout of the 1250 total...

Hi there. I've bought in Block 5 and am having hard time believing snagging is so imminent. So I went down for a peek last night. Sure enough, peering into the ground floor apt which will be exactly like mine on the 3rd floor, the kitchen is fully in and the walls are painted. Looks like only radiators left to go in. The outsides, especially bordering TLC, needs serious tarmacadaming though...Looks like latest mid-August for snagging alright.

I would be abit vary of snagging in august for block 5! I am in block 4 and the last time i saw my apt it was finished(april) but still no completion letter. And with the builders holidays in the last two weeks in july, i would not keep my hopes up.

Sue

I have bought on the fourth floor of block 5 and have just discovered this site today. Bit of a relief to hear all the positive comments...living in the middle east at the moment i have not had a chance to keep a check on progress. I was told that occupancy would be likely around november / december. I know wooden floors have been mentioned by others on the site- does anyone know what the builders are charging for installation? Is there anthing else I need to know at this stage?

I think there is alot uncertainity about completion dates etc. People are being told different dates/months for the same block.

I think someone should requested approx completion dates for all blocks and then say it will posted on this website to clear matters up.

Any volunteers?

Hi Sue,
I bought a 2 bed on the top floor of block 4. I know the builders of the apts and they have advised me that snagging letters should be sent out this week or at the latest next week. They expect block 4 to be completed and closed out by the middle of next month ( they will be taking hols in first 2 weeks of August). I spoke to the project manager when I was up there last week. I wasn't impressed with the state of the block but he gave me assurances that the communal areas would be completed quickly in the block and that the snagging would be finished in two weeks. All in all I think they should be done and dusted at the end of next month. Hope this helps

Ye! Somebody from block 4! Thats good news. I was talking to angela yesterday and she said the letters have gone out to 'core 1' which is the first entrance in block 4 upto apt 149.

Thats great to hear though!

Thanks!

Susan

Can you PM regarding contacting the project manager?

Hi folks, first time poster here...

Interesting read so far, and brings back memories of when I bought in Temple Court. The anticipation of snaggin etc... all I can say is keep on their backs. I know TCourt is a different developers but all I did was hound them. We probably snagged before anyone else and moved in atleast a month before the building was complete. No joke - lift still wasnt working etc..

The block Im in faces the back part of parklands, Not any of the ones dirrectly opposite (way to close to PL) but 2nd one slightly set back on the corner.

Funny to see everyone driving up on sat eve Sundays...having a look around. carefully checking to see if anyones looking then skipping over the security fence etc...BTW for the most part the main doors are'nt locked so you've a good chance to skip in and measure your apt for flooring and furniture.

Security in PLands is terrible. 2 weeks ago therre was a robbery..A large white van came flying out of the back car park area...smashing through the security fence, doors flying all over the place as it skided around the corner. Security man was aimlessly walking behind it! Could see the whole thing from my balcony.

But, best of luck everyone with movin in etc... hope you all get your snaggin dates soon.

As a matter of interest, and if no one minds. Whats the average price of a 3rd/4th floor 2 bed in Parklands?

cheers.

Howdy folks.

Just resnagged there today and they fixed pretty much none of what was highlighted in the first snag. They reckon it'll be sorted by next Thursday, so here's hoping.

sue m said:
They did nothing?

Well, close to nothing. They repaired some of the sockets and painted around them, but other than that not much else. There is paint all over the window frames, scratched glass in the windows.. badly finished plastering.. bad paint work in places.. cracked tiles..

hi ciars,

what is it like living in the area/ complex generally? you must have lived here for a couple of years, have you?
what are most of the residents like? owner / occupiers or renters?

Sounds like I live in the same block as Ciars!

Its a really nice area. In my side of the block it is mainly owner occupiers. I have lived there since October 2004 and have only once ever has there been late night noise worth mentioning.

Everyone pretty much keeps to themselves apart from the polite greetings in the hallway. Very convenient for buses. Walking distance (albeit a long walk!) from city centre (about an hour and 20 minutes).

Its a good mix of residents age wise. I had expected it to be full of people using it as the first step on the property ladder but there is a good mix of old and young.

Sorry if i confused anyone - the security issue I mentioned was within the construction/developement secton of Parklands. Northwood security understandably wont get involved in this area until its complete. The general security around northwood is great, and theres never, infact hardly any trouble worth mentioning.

Agree with Misguided: Im in T.Court 2 yrs in Septmenber and we've never had a problem. Apart from the obvious attractions it's a very quiet area to live in. As far as I can work out our block is mainly owner occupiers (judging from AGM's etc..) And in the entire 2 yrs, there has ever only been 1 (well two from the same APT) noise disprutions a few months back when new tenants moved in. Aparently the managment comp. got onto them immediatly and really havent heard much from them since.

Residents that you see regularly are all great and very pleasant. Polite hellos and goodbyes etc...

I have bought in Parklands. Won't be moving in there for a while but was wondering if anyone had any information/ comments / recommendations on Secondary Schools in the area.

Hi Guys,

Went up on thursday afternoon for a quick look. A painter showed me around block 4 , which was very nice of him. The entrances/stair ways still look like a building site, which was a bit of a shock. But he did say that would sorted out fairly quickly.

It is a bit worrying that Jamie's SNAG was not done though.

I just hope my Sofa does not arrive next week......

Off to move back with parents for a while(lease is up today in house)

i have been getting access to block 6 ( it´s all i,m really only interested in at this stage ). still a lot of work to do around blocks 5 and 6. judging from what i can see in the apartment, im dreading the hassle im going to have over the snag llist.....
also saw the plans, for the new apartments to be built across the road, at fingal offices.

Back