Parklands, Northwood, Santry

Cheers jd
I thought it might be as per original master plan but I just had this suspicion that I had seen a Planning App for something else on this site bar/rest but I am probably wrong and thinking off something else

sue m,

can you confirm that when i go to register for the parklands group i am in fact joining google groups generally . what i mean is that the joining sequence is the general one for google with no mention of parklands (sub) group ??

I think you join the groups generally and ask permission to join the parklands, me or one of the others will give you that permission

Thats good a few weeks grace , thought it was going to be earlier from what I have heard before,

Wll give us time to get stuff together , I did not get the letter yet myself but probably in the post!

I finally got to see the inside of one of the apartments yesterday. I have bought in block 5 and was shown one in block three yesterday. I knew they were small but actually seeing it for real is a bit shocking! They seem to be well finished. Won't be moving in immediately but I will be moving in eventually with my sixteen year old son who is six foot tall and growing!. The second bedroom is tiny. Has anyone got any creative ideas on funishing it. Will there be room for a desk as well as a single bed? Kitchen is tiny but well finished and at least there is plenty of storage there! Has anybody got good storage solutions for the rest of the apartment? I think I need to get rid of 90% of what I own immediately...compulsary life laundry!

Hi all,

The second bedroom is smaller than we though as well.I reckon you'd be able to fit a single bed and a chest of drawers in there and as far as I know you get a wardrobe too.

I got a letter from the builders yday saying Block 5 would be snagging the end of Sept.

Spiro

If they are saying Block 6 is snagging the same time do you reckon that Block 5 will be snagging beforehand?

dubai;

you're talking to the expert currently living in temple gardens - in an apartment that officially doesn't have a storage room !! ( we have a bigger kitchen and bathroom instead )

badger;

i don't know - builders do as they please when they please...
all else being the same i would say that the builder will organise things so as to get any outstanding monies as quickly as possible.

The foreman? on the site (friendly guy called Seamus), said that he thought the snagging on block five would be September/October.

Spiro, so as the expert tell us your best storage suggestions?

Moonbeam
The wardrobe in the second bedroom holds heating boiler so it is really a cupboard...very littel space. I assume it's the same in all the 2beds

Oh no I was hoping to store stuff in the wardrobe, I'll have to put it under the bed instead coz theres nowhere else!!!!

rule of thumb;

apartments with kitchen windows. e.g corner ones (but there are other instances as well) which indicates that they are 'external' kitchens will have the boiler in the corner of the kitchen because the boiler must have immediate access to an external wall. This has the benefit of freeing up the small bedroom and allowing a normal double wardrobe to be fitted. Also you get a more naturally lit and ventialted kitchen. This is my case in TG.

( however i have seen this rule broken in a few units in parklands and i cannot understand why ?? it's a pity but maybe some terhnical consideration to do with lengths of pipes etc .)

fyi sue.
i have followed the links to the groups and am awaiting the link to be sent to my email account to activate my google group account.

I just saw on the Irish Times website that they expect to have a convenience store, off licence, bookmakers, take away, hairdressers and a pharmacy in Gullivers Retail Store too.

Back