Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

You know at the beginning of this process I would have disagreed with you Own/occupy but the market has changed a lot recently
345k may be alittle optimistic in the current market but I don't think it's that far off the market value
Any independent mortgage offer (ie not DCC) will insist on their own valuation so if you don't intend pursuing the shared ownership route you'll have an independant valuation to compare to anyhow

I've heard nothing from Gallagher so intend ringing him tomorrow
Contracts when ???
Feeling a bit p****d off with the lack of movement on anything
Anyone any news ????

No still haven’t heard anything – never received a call back Gallagher’s office, was up at the site today with the kids, all locked up but looks a lot better than a couple of weeks ago, landscaping and road way seems to be coming on.

[FONT=&quot]I was intending on ringing Gallagher’s office again in the morning.[/FONT]

Spoke to Gallagher's office today he wasn't there nor will he be tomorrow
Not in till Wednesday evidently
Nothing to report other than the "meeting" he was to go into which dealt with our road took place on Friday so a decision has been made !!
We're just the last to know :mad:
Any word from Tommy J59 ?

rang dcc today
apparantly kieran gallagher is no longer dealing with newbury woods now its a man called john ryan i told you's about last week any how didn't manage to get hold of him but his number is 2225367
will be speaking to tommy later on hopefully and i'll let you know of any updates

Well done j59 will transfer my nagging phone calls to Mr Ryan we'll have some residents association going yet ;)

Spoke to Tom o neill and tommy today
there is definitely a wall with a gate going up at the end of the road now tom informed me that the gate will be fused shut until such time we or dcc want it open
so its good news
also asked him was everything going to plan he said every thing on their end is its just a matter of dcc sending out the contracts that everyone should be in by end of june start of july he said that it could be a matter of signing the contracts and moving in on the same day !
anyhow thats all the news i have any one ring dcc to ask about the contracts again!

Great news !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Ryan rang me back today to tell me that yes there was going to be a gate which would be welded shut BUT it will be surrounded by an 8ft wall NO fencing/railings
Well done J59 for all your work on it I think we won :)

hey guys,
just caught up with your last posts.
i talked to dcc and moston last week to get the latest updates and the reason why we havent got the contracts to sign yet is simply because ESB still hasn't done their connection bits. this is out of hand of DCC, obviously, and Moston confirmed that as soon as ESB has their job done, we can go in, do the snagging, then receive the contracts and sign these. i talked to a friend of mine who bought a house three years ago and she confirmed that this is common practice i.e. normal. so nothing to worry about except for ESB :mad: If they do their job soon, the first 20 houses can move in mid june (according to Moston), so let's keep those fingers crossed cause i wanna MOVE ;)

p.s. i can confirm that the landscaping is going well, it's all taking shape now. :D

I doubt VERY much that the first 20 will be in mid June - I'm in the first 20 and in my last conversation with Tom, we have 3 weeks to return contracts (max) which haven't been sent out yet - snagging could take another week (after that) - then he said add another week to 10 days for other 'bits & bobs'.(solicitors delays etc) ...thats about 6/7 weeks away from today...nearly July I reckon...but like the rest of ye, I'm going crazy driving past...great news about the gate though..

I doubt VERY much that the first 20 will be in mid June - I'm in the first 20 and in my last conversation with Tom, we have 3 weeks to return contracts (max) which haven't been sent out yet - snagging could take another week (after that) - then he said add another week to 10 days for other 'bits & bobs'.(solicitors delays etc) ...thats about 6/7 weeks away from today...nearly July I reckon...but like the rest of ye, I'm going crazy driving past...great news about the gate though..

I just told ye's what I was told last week by Moston themselves. You don't sign the contracts before the snagging and the snagging depends on when ESB get the connections done. That could be this week, next week or in extreme cases one, two or even three months time. According to Moston, their experience is that ESB has their own laws and therefore time wise, everything depends on them i.e. when we can get the rest sorted. Moston also said to me that as soon as ESB has done their job we can do the snagging and then sign the contracts (which I am sure will be sent out when the snagging is completely as for S.O. people - we can't sign the final approval before the snagging is completed and after the final approval the contracts are send - so I'm told!) and again, according to Moston - pretty much move in straight after that. If you need three weeks to sign the contracts, it will of course delay your move in date. But just let's stay optimistic that we get the snagging and the rest done in no time. ;)

Oh and I am going through the Shared Ownership by the way. Maybe it's different for people who get their mortgages through banks... Through the S.O. you only need your solicitor to sign some family joak paper (forgot the name) and according to my solictor, they get that done within 24h.

Hi there! I just discovered this I think it's great as I was getting a bit concerned...we've got a 3 bed house in the first phase so just itching to get in...I'm glad I came across you all, seems you've all done the work for me...I left a message for Tom this morning to see how things are progressing but now I know.

As for the gate I'm sorry but it would mean quicker access to the 27 bus going to work so I'm all for it...no gate adds another 10 minutes walk to the bus stop!!! I work in town so can't drive... anyway hope we're in soon enough looking forward to meeting my new neighbours!!

hi tom just rang me back says the ESB is on site now! And that DCC is holding up the contracts because someone was on holidays and nothing was done while they were off or something like that...he said the contracts should be out at the end of this week (fingers crossed). He reckons it should be the middle of July all paperwork going to plan..

hi every one

thats great news about the esb

ref august 2008 there will be a gate going in however it will be welded shut until further notice i.e either if they at some stage in the distant future develop a park behind it or whether all the residents want it open for a particular reason i.e the bus stop or what ever i think at the moment though most want to keep it shut i could be wrong though but i got the impression thats what most people want to do.

Has anyone any further info???? Last I heard the contracts were all with DCC and due to be sent out last week...my solc didn't get mine yet though....

A girl called Hannah from DCC rang me today to find out about my loan approval
I told her she already had all those papers etc
Then asked where are contracts etc She was completely clueless on the whole thing
This is the first time I've ever had dealings with DCC and a more ineffecient lazy lot it would be hard to find

Rand Tom Tuesday morn as don't want my skirtings put on downstairs don't know if it's too late though
He said houses would be ready in a couple of weeks (mind you the site doesn't look like it) and then it's down to paperwork !!!

I just wanna know when

hey guys, got some news.
contacted the builders (via email) to ask for updates and was told that ESB were on site last week but it was not to connect the houses it was to insert earth spikes for a sub-station. :mad:
Moston are still awaiting actual connections for the houses and are still planning to have the houses ready for snagging around mid-June. They also said that DCC has sent out some of the contracts but haven't told the builders/Moston yet who they sent the contracts to. It's all a bit nervewrecking at this stage for me but it helps to read your posts and stay in the loop :cool:

Hello
I spoke to a girl called Amanda in the council last week. She said the builder is aiming to have the houses ready for snagging at the end of June and the contracts will be out towards mid-end July. The next we will hear is from the builder for snagging.
Also I drove by at the weekend, the outline of the road and footpath is down and there is a trench built with what looks like cables (esb, gas, ntl? not sure).
So not too much longer hopefully..

Back