Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

I still haven't had a call either...has anyone seen the two beds yet? The suspense is killing me!

Nope, still waiting! Did you get the type C or D two bed? I'm expecting to be viewing this Sat but nothing confirmed.. hate the waiting!!!

Anyone been called for viewing this weekend ???
Should be the last selection
None of us get building contracts till all viewings are finished

Im going up satrday too! Im a bit anxious about the deposit? I've to give mine (3%) tomorrow and I THINK he said I'll have to give more when I sign the contract???? Is that right? I've no money!!

Hi, 3% to be paid tomorrow, I won't have mine with me but I'll have it on Mon/Tue, don't think one or two days will be a problem. I don't see how there could be anymore money to be paid until your mortgage is drawn down, which will be when the final contracts are signed, I assume? There could be a lot of writing here tomorrow evening!!! Let us know how you all get on! Good luck....

Hi There,

I've picked my house and I'm over the moon! I'm down the end as the builder said they won't be ready till june, which suits me fine! I didn't get to see my actual house, but the 3bed was great and I was delighted with the finish - I don't like the blue tiles tho!!! But sure what can u do!!
Anyway, gave him my deposit and can't wait now...how did the rest of ye get on???

Hi, we have been offered a type A house, have not been to view it yet can anyone tell me what they're like. Are these the large or small 3 bed? Is there a garden at the front and back? Whats the general layout like? Thanks a million!!

Hi Jayer seems there is still more houses to be allocated !! Can't tell you which type house A is sure someone else will soon enough
Seems them blue tiles don't seem too popular with anyone :) they are bit awful
Ann you say you picked yours down the end did Tom say anymore about the gate ?
There's talk of a gate at the end of the cul de sac which personally I'd hate but it seems to be a possible
Also just trying to get an idea of family types movin into our street :) but from the day you all went to choose were there many families there kids ? what ages ? also any singles etc
I know we'll probably be all familys with young kids but just love to get an idea (2 girls here 8&4)??

Ok worked it out now Jay type A is the smaller 3 bed
I stand corrected but we all have something at the front and all have a decent back garden it all depends on where you are on the street iykwim
Similarily you might be end of terrace semi detached or mid terrace I thought the type A selections had been done already so perhaps you may not have much choice
However the spec shouldn't be too different to how I described mine earlier on in thread the type B is just a few sq mtrs bigger overall
Good luck and let us know how you get on
It's only when all the houses have been allocated that we all get the building contracts we're so eagerly awaiting

From what I saw on satrday, there don't seem to be many (if any) semi's left as all the end houses on each block were gone though I stand corrected...I know all the 2 bed semi's were gone anyway...
Tom did mention a gate at the end going into a park (not sure what park that is???) but said it wasn't definite. He said it was for walkers only though and they were thinking of mammies with buggys etc but I remember him saying they hadn't decided on it as of satrday anyway. I work down in coolock so it'd be handy for me tbh but of course there's the other idea that it'll give people easy access to the estate as a shortcut r whatever...
There were mainly women there when I picked my house...girls in their 30's, some with their sisters/friends and some with their parents. There seemed to be only one couple. I'm single with no kids and tom told me my neigbours were a couple with no kids...still so excited and he said he'd be in touch by the end of the month about contracts but as you say, if all houses aren't picked yet, it might be later...!

Can anyone tell me how the process works?
Tomorrow I am walking into DCC to accept (provisionally) the house in Newbury Wood.
What happens next?

I didn't have to physically go to DCC to accept my offer - I just accepted it over the phone, then got a letter a week later.
Immediately, I got loan aprval from my bank and then I waited the call from the builder to view the house. That was last saturday. I had to give the builder 3% of the cost of the property on the day (booking deposit) but he'll tell you this himself when he rings to arrange viewing.
I'm getting my mortgage through my bank, but I know it works differently if you're getting it through DCC (shared ownership etc) themselves.
And now I just wait to sign contracts (in 3 wks I think) and the house should be ready in June.
There's very little to actually DO accept for getting your mortgage aproval which proves you are eligible to buy the house - Is this the information you were looking for?
Ann

Thats good enough for me Ann. I'm a bit clueless here but I imagine I dont start paying the actual mortgage until I get the keys and move in right? I can't see myself paying rent and a mortgage. Also I'm getting a 100% mortgage so do they put the deposit up for me do you know?

My bank said they'd give it to me, but it was taking a while so I borrowed it from my family instead (its 7000)...and no. you won't have to pay the mortgage until you get your keys!

Thought I'd check in see how everyone is doin
I hear we're to expect building contracts soon
Tom has been in touch with some regarding their solicitors and I know that DCC still haven't manged to get their valuations done
On the other hand driving by you can really start to see progress being made and paving slabs have been a recent addition
When I last spoke to Tom he told me something like only 4 houses had to be re-allocated which he says is very good
One guy lost his job and DCC had to withdraw their offer spose his misfortune is anothers good luck
Anyhow it's all looking good when you look at what other houses would come around on an affordable housing list I think we've all done rather well
Lawrence's land for example (beside the astro park) is going to be huge and constant objections are going on even the whitehall framework has been unveiled for the nun's field (port tunnel excavation site) and it's horrid 8 & 9 storey high apartment blocks !!!
Come on Tom we want our contracts :)

Back