Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

hi guys,
just new here and had a good read through your posts. i was offered a 2 bed house as well but that was back in november. in december i picked my house from the list and paid deposit through DCC as i am going with the shared ownership.

i haven't heard anything back from them since, well except 5 weeks ago when they said they're still waiting for the valuation report. has any one else heard back from DCC yet? did anyone know if these reports are completed yet?

i am getting all nervous as my house falls under the first ten i.e. according to Tom it will be available from may. is it normal that the whole purchase process takes that long?

yep, it can take a fair few months, depending on if building or apt is fully handed over etc, mind .... your very patient... i was ringing them weekly. I'd give them another ring if i was you and ask them for an update. No harm in keeping on top of things... plus at least you will know how long to expect either way.

I rang them earlier on :)
All's good. DCC are still waiting for the valuation reports and as they get them completed in blocks we all have to wait :(
The guy from DCC confirmed though that all of them will be completed in march which also means the final approval will be through then.
Hate all this waiting...

First bit of news in a while

Spoke to DCC today (I ring them weekly now) and the valuations are in
My house the type B 3 bed has come in at 350000 which means a clawback of 30% which I don't think is bad at all but would love others opinions

Girl in DCC today said reason they weren't too high is the houses were built on "their land" to start with hence no extra cost to the council

We're moving along slowly but nicely
Slowly slowly catchy monkey :)

First bit of news in a while

Spoke to DCC today (I ring them weekly now) and the valuations are in
My house the type B 3 bed has come in at 350000 which means a clawback of 30% which I don't think is bad at all but would love others opinions

Girl in DCC today said reason they weren't too high is the houses were built on "their land" to start with hence no extra cost to the council

We're moving along slowly but nicely
Slowly slowly catchy monkey :)

30% clawback on 350,000 is 105k, if your ok with paying this clawback to DCC when you want to buy them or sell the place then this is fine. but i think alot of people don't realise how much they'll be paying back.

I take your point clongriffin and value your opinion as I know from other threads you've been through the entire process
However I'm able to do the maths and whilst it is a large amount to pay back should you wish to move on before the sliding scale of clawback kicks in the house in question is even in the current market I believe worth more than 350
It is a great size 3 bed in a good location on a quiet tree lined cul de sac with ample parking side access and good garden front and back
I personally have no intention of moving out of it in the next few years but I know things change
So if they do I bought a house for 245 with 30% clawback
Maybe I'm wrong but others please advise who've seen showhouse but I reckon even now it could be valued at closer to 380 so clawback on that figure is 114
Having bought for 245 still leaves a + diff/profit of 21k ??!!???

Is that how it works ? I stand corrected if not

I take your point clongriffin and value your opinion as I know from other threads you've been through the entire process
However I'm able to do the maths and whilst it is a large amount to pay back should you wish to move on before the sliding scale of clawback kicks in the house in question is even in the current market I believe worth more than 350
It is a great size 3 bed in a good location on a quiet tree lined cul de sac with ample parking side access and good garden front and back
I personally have no intention of moving out of it in the next few years but I know things change
So if they do I bought a house for 245 with 30% clawback
Maybe I'm wrong but others please advise who've seen showhouse but I reckon even now it could be valued at closer to 380 so clawback on that figure is 114
Having bought for 245 still leaves a + diff/profit of 21k ??!!???

Is that how it works ? I stand corrected if not

Sorry bout doing the math for you, just some ppl dont realise and some do. I'd hate for someone to come on and sign and not realise. Looks like your deffinitely right with your figures and the profit etc.... It is deffinitely worth getting on the ladder now. As in a way it may work out better, i have heard from DCC personally when i was buying them out, that in a few years, they were unsure how long, but that the claw back may be removed from the contracts anyhow,,, and that will include those who already signed. The guy had told me that if its removed and you've not already bought it back claw back and all, then the claw back at the time of buying,selling will be removed. This was last November i heard this. Reason i didnt hold out was because he said it may take several years or less, but could not give a time frame on it. but it was in serious discussions and already passed certain stages.

hi determined,
did you get anything in writing yet in regards to the valuation report or did you only receive the valuation confirmation via phone? :)

Nothing Wenzelc it's all far too quiet
I'm on the phone tomorrow to them all that's it
I'm sick waiting

now - I called them yesterday afternoon and today an hour ago. Both times I was told that there are two Ladies in charge of Newbury Wood and both aren't in the office at the moment. The guy also said (both times) that they will call me back with the updates. Let's see.....did anyone else got any news? the valuation report by post? anything in the post in the last two weeks? :confused:
This waiting irritates me at this stage! Ah good aul patience ey ;)

Anyone call you back Wenzelc ?? One of those "ladies" I'm guessing is Amanda she's hard to get a hold of but is in the know on the whole scheme
Something I'd like to know having spoken to Tom the other day (nothing to report there other than he's seemed tired dealing with the slowmoving DCC also) but
The gate at the end seems to be still undecided and it appears that DCC are the ones deciding
I know all have different views but as I'm at this end and have 2 young kids for safety I would prefer no gate !! I'm gonna call Amanda today and see what happens ;)

Has anyone heard about contracts yet? I was told I'd be viewing and signing last week but have heard nothing...can't seem to get the builder on the phone either.

hi guys haven't logged on in a while, i got my letter in the post about 2weeks ago, same as above, 360000 with a 30% claw back, i was talking to the girl amanda from the DCC, she said the contracts should be ready in a couple of weeks,
im opting for the 100% moratage so i think i have to give another 7% deposit when there ready - which i think works out at another 15k.

to be honest guys i dont mind the wait, beacuse the more time i have to wait gives me more time to try save a few quid...lol:D
however im still over the moon about buying my first home.

what do people think of the new plans for the surronding area --- shopping centre etc...?

another question guys, does anyone know about the public park at the end of the estate, when i was talking to Tom [builder] he said they were thinking of puttin a residents gate to the entrance of the park, IMO this would be a great idea, anyone else hear anything.....?

p.s i have been up looking at the park in question and it isnt a healthy looking place to go for a walk..lol

Hi Guys
I was up on site on Saturady just gone I'd rung Tom the previous week and told him I needed to measure up to estimate metreage for flooring etc
No probs he said he was doing viewings !!!
Seems no's 31 32 33 and 36 are still to be allocated all are from what I can see 2 bed mid terrace but none went on Sat
Tom said DCC are really holding things up still no contracts yet etc etc
Yep Bottomfeeder as you say the so called "park" in question is basically an undeveloped piece of land used as a dumping ground and a gate at the end (where I am with kids so a vested interest in a non gate situ) would I think only encourage trouble into what could be a peaceful cul de sac

However seems I have to contact the Architect in the planning dept to get my say in there so can't really imagne myself being listened to

But that said the houses are looking fab and all appears to be on schedule for final completion end of June :)

Fairplay to ya 'Determined' for keeping us up to speed, i was actually thinking or ringing Tom myself RE viewing, as some of the family want to take look at the houses.
also i plan on ringing DCC in the morning about those contracts and will let ya's know how i get on.
ohhh yeah when i said i would prefer a gate to the entrance to the 'park' i meant as opposed to having a non-secure walk through, but yeah a no entrance at all would be even better.

I would also prefer if that gate wasn't there! It's hilarious that the field at the end is being called a 'park'!...Anyway, finally got builder myself who said the same to me as you've all, already said...DCC holding up contracts..he also mentioned esb not being connected yet...no work being done over next two weeks either...I just hate this waiting! I got a 2 bed so haven't been able to get in to measure either which is a shame...I think those 4 houses you mentioned determined were the ones with the small gardens are they???

hey guys,

i called up dcc about two weeks ago and they confirmed all what's been said here already i.e. valuations are through etc. i haven't got anything in writing still though :mad: as in the valuation report wasn't sent to me yet.
the girl i talked to said the final approval letter will come by post within next two weeks which should be now kinda. i'll call them later again. fingers crossed it's all sorted out soon.

Well only as I'm doing shared ownership did I get confirmation of the valuation in writing
I got all shared ownership papers the other day and clawback was confirmed
Can anyone else who got these papers confirm to me the front page says we must send back certs etc asap but only thing I could see was a snag list cert which is impossible to send back yet ?!
Can't ring dcc about anything incl gate as have no voice off sick from work feel s**t ;(

Well, anyone heard from the builder lately??? Still not a word about my viewing...the suspense is killing me!

i am doing shared ownership as well. still havent got anything about the clawback in writing :mad: Getting really annoyed at this stage! when did the builders say you guys can move in? mine is still may and the girl from dcc last week said the papers take another week on top of about 6 weeks they need to get the legal stuff done. is this for real?

Back