Newbury Wood, Clonshaugh, D.17

hi guys,

just letting ye's know that i, finally, got the valuation report i.e. final approval through the post, too. :D
now, i got confused about the "urgency return" and "snag list", too but what it is, its your own snag list which you sign afterwards on the joak stating that everything is ok and then send it off.
i got a call from the builders today and i can go, see and do my snag list next wednesday *jupiee* can't wait to see my house and sign the rest off and month may for completion it still is :D hope all's going well with your sale?

hehe heya, did none of you get a call to view the houses?
i went on wednesday but it was quite a dissapointment as i couldnt see my own house, meaning they had only the four type (show)houses ready to be viewed. when i asked tom what the story is with the snagging, he said that it will take another two weeks at least because A) the council still hasnt signed any contracts for any of these houses and B) the builders need to wait til ESB was in and connected the houses. THEN Moston will call us/ me to arrange another viewing, this time obviously my house only for the snagging BUT he said straight away that DCC take an awful lot of time with signing them contracts and that they (DCC) communicated a few things wrong as three other people who are on the shared ownership scheme/ affordable housing complaint to him as well.

so....again, waiting, waiting, waiting. ill call DCC on monday again though to check why they take their time with signing them contracts, afterall they've done their snagging and valuation reports.

what about you guys? any news/ updates with ye's?

Drove past there yesterday all coming along nicely scaffolding is all but down on a few which I'm presuming means they're working on the interiors now
Paving slabs are still lying waiting and prob will saty there until ESB get their act together and lay the cables
Not surprised to be honest Wenzelc that you didn't get to snag yet bit hopeful yet
Rumour has it that since the houses have been built the original plans have been "tweaked" a little and as such the inspectors won't sign them off
They now have to re-apply to themselves for planning permission !!!!!!

That all said building does appear on schedule so it's a matter of delayed paperwork mind you ESB could mess things up too

Who shopped at the Tesco 50% off homeware event :)
Also who ye all gonna get to do your snag lists ?

KIERAN GALLAGHER DCC CITY ARCHITECT Tel: 2223944
This is the guy in charge of all planning decisions on the Newbury Wood Development

I have tried ringing today but got his "secretary" a man with a rather posh accent
However the reason I'm ringing is I spoke also to Tom (he's at punchestown) AND

They (DCC) seem adamant that this gate at the end of the road is to go ahead
Now I've been up there and that "green space" is nothing but a dumping ground with shopping trolleys and a computer desk there last I saw
IT IS NOT A SAFE AND SECURE DECISION TO PUT A GATE HERE
WE WERE LED TO BELIEVE THIS WAS A CUL DE SAC
I have 2 young children and chose down the end as I thought it would be the safest option for them giving them somewhere to play securely

Now putting a gate there is one thing but they HAVE to tell us why ????
This green space what's the plan for it is it to be developed have these plans been passed when will they be started IS THERE ANY PLANS

Houses are all but done the next few weeks see's the road and landscaping completed and the wall/gate/wall

Anyone interested PLEASE RING THIS MAN AND DEMAND TO KNOW
WHY IS THE GATE BEING PUT THERE
SURELY IT'S A SECURITY ISSUE
WHO OWNS THE LAND AT THE TOP OF THE ROAD
WHAT ARE THE PLANS FOR IT
IF THERE ARE ANY PLANS ARE THEY APPROVED AND WHEN WILL THEY BE IMPLEMENTED

As you've probably guessed I feel very strongly about it and if we don't get any answers to these questions I'll be the first chaining the gate locked !!

Let's lobby this man together

I passed by today and there was kids squeezing in through the bars into this fenced off "green area" and a few on grifter bikes (I think that's what's they're called)
Anyway I'm just imagining those bikes et all zooming through the "gate" and up our street !!!!

KIERAN GALLAGHER DCC CITY ARCHITECT Tel: 2223944
This is the guy in charge of all planning decisions on the Newbury Wood Development

I have tried ringing today but got his "secretary" a man with a rather posh accent
However the reason I'm ringing is I spoke also to Tom (he's at punchestown) AND

They (DCC) seem adamant that this gate at the end of the road is to go ahead
Now I've been up there and that "green space" is nothing but a dumping ground with shopping trolleys and a computer desk there last I saw
IT IS NOT A SAFE AND SECURE DECISION TO PUT A GATE HERE
WE WERE LED TO BELIEVE THIS WAS A CUL DE SAC
I have 2 young children and chose down the end as I thought it would be the safest option for them giving them somewhere to play securely

Now putting a gate there is one thing but they HAVE to tell us why ????
This green space what's the plan for it is it to be developed have these plans been passed when will they be started IS THERE ANY PLANS

Houses are all but done the next few weeks see's the road and landscaping completed and the wall/gate/wall

Anyone interested PLEASE RING THIS MAN AND DEMAND TO KNOW
WHY IS THE GATE BEING PUT THERE
SURELY IT'S A SECURITY ISSUE
WHO OWNS THE LAND AT THE TOP OF THE ROAD
WHAT ARE THE PLANS FOR IT
IF THERE ARE ANY PLANS ARE THEY APPROVED AND WHEN WILL THEY BE IMPLEMENTED

As you've probably guessed I feel very strongly about it and if we don't get any answers to these questions I'll be the first chaining the gate locked !!

Let's lobby this man together

I'll give this guy from the DCC a ring first thing Monday morning, im not into having the gate at the end of the estate as i also have 3 kids and wouldn't feel secure either.

Anyone hear anything about the contracts yet - the last time i was talking to the DCC they said they'll be done in a couple of weeks and that was at least 3 weeks ago.

Great Bottomfeeder we need as many as we can get
I called into DCC today with a letter for Mr Gallagher went straight to his office told girl at reception I'd rather bypass the internal mail sysytem ;)
Anyhow letter was passed on as he won't be in the office till tomorrow so be warned he knows we're onto him

OK everyone today I actually spoke to Kieran Gallagher
After several days of calls etc he called me back at 5pm this evening
Have to say he was quite personable and willing to listen
He's going to have a word with the planners of the area and see what is in mind for the "green space" It is in the hands of the Parks Dept
He said it was council opinion to never shut off possibilties ie said green space hence the gate idea however he understands how unless there is plans for the area the gate could lead to anti-social behaviour spilling into our street
He said possibility of installing gate and welding it shut till decision is reached on siad area
I suggested that the residents be polled as to whether "WE" want the gate or not
He asked when we all expect to move in and promised to get back to me in approx a week promised he wouldn't leave it hanging on too long

So there you have confirmation I think that if we really don't/do want this gate we can make our voices heard

Tomorrow I'm going to ring Tom and ask if he can get a general opinion from all the residents as I'm not sure how many this thread reaches and far be it from me to railroad a "No Gate" campaign if that's not the general opinion

BUT

If any here haven't lodged their opinion with Kieran Gallagher's office do so now

hello everyone new to this site found out about it from determined

anyway spoke to kieran gallagher today 6/5/08 as i am the last house on the road where the gate would be i enquired about it and he informed me that at the end of the road there will be railings from the end of my garden right the way across the road and that there will be a gate there which will be welded shut which i think is safe and fair enough, IMO!

Good to hear you got through to him j59 and welcome onboard
Yes welding the gate shut should be a good solution as after all there may in time be a very nice park there
Can't say I'm mad about railings though there was a horse in that field last I passed and can just imagine my youngest animal mad hanging out of the railings
A brick wall with a curved top gate may have been nicer but J59 you're going to be closest to it so if you're happy with it then grand
Will try and plant some climbers at the base of it though
I never give up :)
Anybody got any contracts yet ??????

hey guys,
just read the latest posts. still no sign of the contract yet, let alone the snagging option. did anyone of ye's get the snagging done yet? does anyone know if ESB finally got their job done? i tried to call tom twice to see if there are any updates but couldn't get him...it's three weeks now since i last spoke to him. it's all a bit nervy for me at this stage as i have to ring DCC again. i am in one of the first ten houses and as everyone can see, the houses are ready to go. the builders have even done the garden parts up - which is even more annoying if it all depends on ESB now. heard some horror stories about ESB's reliability :( fingers crossed it's all sorted out very very soon!

hey

i drive by almost every day i can see the first ten are just about ready but i also noticed the front gardens aren't completed yet and there is no road layed down yet because the decision isn't made on the gate yet and they haven't secured the end of the road would you say it will be likely they'll let you move in i'm not sure they can for health and safety issues
i would rather a wall myself down the end but cant see the harm in the railings also if they do put a wall in i can see it as being a magnet to attract kids over to it to shelter and drink or whatever probably cause more harm than good i'd say maybe they could plant a few trees or something for that bit more privacy :)

well doing the snagging and getting the contracts finalised doesn't mean you move in straight away. all i want is getting all the paper work done and dusted.
i drive by every day as i am living in clonshaugh and the first couple of houses got their gardens "done" i.e. the general stuff, of course flowers and trees arent planted :p
my friend who bought a couple of years ago her house down in castle elms, greencastle road moved in when it was all still building site i.e. no roads layed out or proper gates put up. she is not the first one i know off which is why i pressumed they'll do it the same way with newburry wood. maybe im wrong. who knows...at the end of the day i just want the official paper work done and then wait for the keys.

Ok update here:
Spoke to Tom Friday he said contracts are going out now so we should prob expect them end of next week (by 17th)
Realistically it's unlikely the first phase of residents (no's 1-20) will be in by the end of this month as snagging will take approx 3 wks start to finish but he does believe that we will all be in by end of June so yes a little dealy but only to be expected I think
He rang me more as a coutesy as he knows I'm trying to have something done about gate etc
Point is he needs to be getting on with that end wall now and he's been told by council to go ahead with a gate which will be welded shut and have a railings coming from end of J59's garden over
Me and J59 have been talking about this and since she spoke to Gallagher and posted here she's been up to look at site and changed her mind as she see's she's going to lose a lot of privacy with the railings
So I rang Gallagher again on Friday and will try again tomorrow but we're still trying for a full wall with a welded shut gate
Picture the railings that are opposite the houses now do we really want that sort of thing at the end of our road ?
Final pull here ring Gallagher tomorrow if you don't

hi all

spoke to Tommy Broughan today labour t.d
he told me he is already in touch with various people in dcc with regards to the railings at the end of the road he is going to tell them we want a decorative wall i.e a nice wall at the end of the road 6ft plus period (no gate wot so ever) that suits me he has a list of all the residents who are moving in and i would say he is going to contact most to sort the situation out , which is a bit of a relief as i feel railings is going to cause nightmares

Hi guys, just to let ya know I rang Kieran Gallagher’s office today and eventually got through to his receptionist – she told me that she / Kieran has received lots of phone calls RE Newbury Wood over the last few days.

Mentioned that there is a meeting due to take place over the next few days and all matters will be discussed, I reaffirmed that one of my major concerns was around this blasted gate and railings and how unsafe this could become.
The lady was very helpful on the phone and said Kieran will be in touch with all parties concerned very soon.
Anyone else any updates !

Wes

Hello all,

I've been reading your posts and i've decided to register because i've just paid a deposit on a property in newbury woods. I met with a Tom i think it was. Very slow talking laid back sort of chap.(Drives a Mazeratti€€€€).

He sat me down in front of the site plan and i had a choice between 2 Type A 3 bedroom houses, i picked one and he said that left 2 to be chosen.

Just wondering whats the biggest diference between shared ownership and getting your own mortgage from a bank? He said 60% got shared ownership while the rest got mortgages.

Whats the smart option? Or does it depend on an individuals situation?

I'd welcome your feedback,

Thanks
Owner\Occupier

no not today

i received a letter from tommy after i spoke to him and he said john ryan the man in charge of the affordable section is to have a meeting with the architect and builder in the next couple of days to discuss the gate and railings i'm going to keep trying them on the phone the more you annoy them they eventually speak to you i spoke to amanda the other day about the contracts she said all the info is with the solicitors on their side so they can start wording the contracts and getting them ready to forward onto our solicitors:)

own/occupy

i got my own mortgage with my fiance
i think if you're buying on your own the shared ownership might be the best option just in my opinion anyhow i didn't go with the shared ownership because i feel that eventually you're going to have to buy the council out anyhow and get a private mortgage but i think with the shared ownership if you're under a certain amount take home pay you get subsidies which reduces the cost of your mortgage as far as i know anyhow

Thanks J59 for your reply.

I've sent applications for the mortgage, so we'll see what happens.

I'd also like to ask has any body got their property valued by a thord party to maybe try to reduce the clawback in the future.

From looking at daft.ie i don't think these houses are worth €345,000 if they where sold at full price?????

Am i wrong about this.

Back