Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunster said:
Devilish, have you signed yet? Any problems with their solicitor regarding getting your closing date?

Hi, we have not signed yet, we have been called to do the snagging but we are in no hurry, have 2 months left in rent of our appartment. Have not even gone near my solicitor yet.

Management Company is not interested if we have a Residents Committee.
AGM should be soon,last year we had two days notice!

Read your thread...glad things got sorted out for you. How long have you been in your place? Which plan of house are you in?

I would be interested to know if many others have had to do what you had to do.
I would fear that all houses would probably be buitl to the same specification as on the original plans rather than evolving the plans as they learn.

Mine is a semi-d Plan B 3 bed. I'm only in a year now got the keys around this time last year. Other houses on my road got it done as well because at the time I called into neighbours to see if they had the same problem or was it just me having very very sensitive ears. They did so we got together and got the tests done on our houses and then all went to the builder with the results. No more listening to my neighbours talking in their kitchen from my livingroom :)

Well done.
I wonder if the builders have taken that on board when building the newer houses?

OK, contracts signed.
Been told we may have to do a 'mini snag' of the house (although apparently the builders have already done one)

Can anyone suggest key things I should be looking for in my snag before closing and taking the keys? I believe I'll be dealing with Albert? Is he decent about getting simple things sorted?

Sunster said:
Can anyone suggest key things I should be looking for in my snag before closing and taking the keys? I believe I'll be dealing with Albert? Is he decent about getting simple things sorted?

I thought Albert was very good to deal with. They did our snag list and there were some small things not done that we had asked for. I gave told Albert and he had them all sorted a couple of days later.

I have noticed a couple of things since. On our cooker hood the button for fan level 3 does not work and they didn't put a handle on the door for the integrated dishwasher. Also we are having a problem with our shower.

I've tried to contact Albert recently but haven't managed to speak to him and the answer machine for the site office is always full.

Thanks for that. reassuring to hear that. We are awaiting to hear from Albert, hopefully soon.
What kind of little things needed done? What problem are you having with your shower?
We noticed on viewing that our cooker hood wouldn't switch on at all, and the agent couldnt work it out either.

Sunster said:
Thanks for that. reassuring to hear that. We are awaiting to hear from Albert, hopefully soon.
What kind of little things needed done? What problem are you having with your shower?
We noticed on viewing that our cooker hood wouldn't switch on at all, and the agent couldnt work it out either.

The little things included - the door to the hotpress was not closing properly. The pipes in the hotpress were not labelled. The concrete in the back garden at the patio door entrances was not finished smoothly and there was a large gap in the back wall. Some paint on the exterior needed touching up and there was a hole the downstairs toliet that was filled but needed a better finish. All these were fixed up.

The shower is strange. We went up to our house last week to find a piece of the shower on the floor. It is the cover on the part that connects the hose to the wall (not a very technical description). My uncle (ex plummer) says it was not put on right and the pressure caused it to pop off. He thinks the hose is not screwed in right as the threads are not done properly and it will need to be looked at by a professional.

We can turn on the cooker hood button 1. Button 2 turns on only when button 1 is on at the same time, but no combination will get button 3 to stay on.

Hi all,
Have just been revisiting this board after some time away and noticed the comments about Albert the builder, I spoke to him last week as we had a blocked drain in the back garden and he informed me he is no longer on site and it is now being looked after by a guy called Micheal. his mobile no is [edit: removed] so try him, hope this helps you out! (we got our drain cleared the same day so I think he is quite reliable).

Last edited by a moderator:
Josey Wales said:
The pipes in the hotpress were not labelled.
Did you manage to get this done? We had it on our snag list, and we were basically told to give up.

Yea, I was told today Michael is the foreman and that Albert is the Finish foreman although there was no mention Albert had gone

Seagull said:
Did you manage to get this done? We had it on our snag list, and we were basically told to give up.

Yep, they labelled all the pipes in the hotpress. I wasn't sure if they would or not.

Sunster said:
Yea, I was told today Michael is the foreman and that Albert is the Finish foreman although there was no mention Albert had gone

What is the role of a finish foreman?

Josey Wales said:
Yep, they labelled all the pipes in the hotpress. I wasn't sure if they would or not.

What did they label them with ? Sticky labels, or tie-on labels, or did they write on the wall inside the hot press ?

itsmine said:
What did they label them with ? Sticky labels, or tie-on labels, or did they write on the wall inside the hot press ?

They used sticky labels. I will get something else myself to keep a more permanent record though.

Hoping to move into the house soon.
Found out while doing my snag that strangely the pipes for the showers were connected incorrectly- hot water out of cold and vice versa. Did that happen with anyone else?

Does everyone in Lusk Village use Eircom as their phone/ broadband provider? Made an enquiry with Eircom and they told me it would take up to 4 weeks to get connected! That's very poor service

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back