Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunster said:
Does everyone in Lusk Village use Eircom as their phone/ broadband provider? Made an enquiry with Eircom and they told me it would take up to 4 weeks to get connected! That's very poor service

I applied online with Eircom for a phoneline. I got no response after a few days and phoned them. They had no record of my application for a phoneline.

The guy on the phone gave us a new phone number and told us that there are 29 houses waiting on a line in Lusk Village. He said it would take a little over 2 weeks and said to ring back on Friday two weeks to check the status.

Once I get that I will probably use BT broadband. I have had it for a couple of years with no problems and find it good value.

Thanks for posting that, Josey Wales -- I applied for a line on May 30 and am still waiting.

I also tried to get broadband via broadworks, but I'm told they're waiting for parts from the US before they can provide a service in Lusk Village. That was about 6 weeks ago. Whichever of them comes through first will get my business, as I desperately need to get online...

Because you are waiting for your phone line, do that mean you have been unable to install Sky Digital?

No, I don't think there's any connection between the phone line and sky digital, although I do think broadworks do some kind of sky-by-wire thing. Haven't really looked into that.

Ordered a telephone line from Eircom on 7 July, phoned up this morning to get an update and they are now saying there problems with the cables in the Lusk area and that it should be completed by 31s August! Has anyone used a telecom company other than Eircom?

I don't think you can get the actual line installed by anyone other than Eircom (Smart maybe???).

GillB said:
Ordered a telephone line from Eircom on 7 July, phoned up this morning to get an update and they are now saying there problems with the cables in the Lusk area and that it should be completed by 31s August! Has anyone used a telecom company other than Eircom?

That is very depressing. I ordered online on May 30. Since then, they have sent me a bill, but when I ring them up, they claim they have no record of my address on their system. They seem to be very good at asking for money, whatever about delivering a service...

Just an update on my situation folks.
We finally got the keys yesterday after a very drawn out affair. The situation between Fingal Co Co and the builder has not yet been resolved but we negotiated with the builder to hold back E15,000 from the original purchase price until all documents are in. Hopefully it'll be sorted out over the next month or so.

It's a great feeling to finally get the keys though! It's all down to us now to get the house in order and set it up the way we want. :)

dunner said:
Just an update on my situation folks.
We finally got the keys yesterday after a very drawn out affair. The situation between Fingal Co Co and the builder has not yet been resolved but we negotiated with the builder to hold back E15,000 from the original purchase price until all documents are in. Hopefully it'll be sorted out over the next month or so.

It's a great feeling to finally get the keys though! It's all down to us now to get the house in order and set it up the way we want. :)

So you're finally moving in.....and I was just getting used to living in isolation at the end of the road!

Thanks Sunster.
Yes indeed, finally in!

All together now.... "Neighbours.... everybody needs good neighbours!"... :)

Folks,
Has anyone seen a better Broadband package available in Lusk Village than this?

Digiweb Metro:
3MB download, 512 upload, 30GB quota plus phone line with no line rental for E35 per month.
Installation is E90 but is free if you pay the subscription up for a full year.

Only downside is that they are currently rolling it out in Lusk and it will not be available for another 8 weeks.

Seems like an excellent deal if your prepared to wait the 8 weeks or so.

Anyone know of a better one?

Hi,

Has anyone had trouble with the gas heating in their house? I tried to put on the hot water only setting and it does not work.

There is a note to say that the installer must have connected the cylinder thermostat to the boiler DHW (domestic hot water wiring) realy. This does not appear to have been done. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do if you don't mind me asking?

This website may be of interest, and more suitable for the issues discussed here, to those of you who have bought in Lusk Village

I have no connection.

I couldn't find a hot water only setting on the gas. I'm running into a different problem. I've currently turned the gas off, and am using the immersion for hot water. The problem is that I can't find a thermostat anywhere on the boiler to control the temperature, and the hot water is far too hot.

Seagull, on the bottom of the boiler there should be a little door that swings down. There is a knob there that controls the temperature of the water (1-6).

Josey Wales said:
What is the role of a finish foreman?

The finishing foreman is responsible for the final finishing on a construction site, basically anything covered by a snag list. (but can vary from site to site).

Would generally report to the General Foreman.

Cheers
Fintan
www.HomeSnag.ie

dunner said:
Seagull, on the bottom of the boiler there should be a little door that swings down. There is a knob there that controls the temperature of the water (1-6).
We have a thermostat similar to the one on the heaters, but it only seems to have any effect when we're using gas to heat the water. Is that the one you're referring to?

Josey Wales said:
Hi,

Has anyone had trouble with the gas heating in their house? I tried to put on the hot water only setting and it does not work.

There is a note to say that the installer must have connected the cylinder thermostat to the boiler DHW (domestic hot water wiring) realy. This does not appear to have been done. Anyone else have this problem and what did you do if you don't mind me asking?

We're having the same problem. The Foreman said that the DHW is not automatically connected and we should turn down the thermostat in the hall which controls the temperature of the radiators and switch the boiler on to Heating & Gas - not an ideal situation. However, when we tried this the radiators still came on?! We're going to follow it up with the Foreman when he returns from hols on 15 August.

On a happier note we finally got our phone line sorted out yesterday. After Eircom telling us there was cabling issues in the area and it wouldn't be connected till 31 Aug, we got a call to say all the houses are already wired up and it's just a case of flicking a switch remotely! It's working perfectly.

Anyone got NTL sorted in Lusk Village? We've got an engineer coming out on Friday to check it.
Just wondering if it's worth wasting a day off if we can't get NTL.

Also, anyone gone with Digiweb Broadband? Seems to be a 6 week waiting list as it's just being rolled out in Lusk. Good package at a good price, wondering if anyones had any good/bad experiences with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back