Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got the keys to our house in Lusk Village today. I think we are one of the last to move in to that particular road.

We might be busy now looking for the essentials to put in the house. Which is unfortunate considering the world cup has just started.

Hi Josey,

Congrats on the keys! Is your house in Wendy Walsh Close? If so, were there any complications with documentation from the builders solicitor?

dunner said:
Hi Josey,

Congrats on the keys! Is your house in Wendy Walsh Close? If so, were there any complications with documentation from the builders solicitor?

No, our house is on Joyce Road.

I read your post about the problems with documentation and it got me a little worried but we had everything sorted by the time I read it. Nobody mentioned to us any problems.

Fair enough Josey. I think the issue is just related to Wendy Walsh Close as this is a new mini-estate.

Best of luck with it anyway.

We are thinking of sanding and varnishing the floor boards upstairs in our house.

Has anyone here done the same in their house? I was wondering if the floor boards even need sanding as they seem to us to be very smooth.

Can't help you on the floors sorry.
I wonder if Dunner has had any luck with getting the keys yet?

Crikey, that's a delay and a half? Whats the reason for that?
I am hoping to sign contracts this week. Have sold my present house and so hope there's no delays when we get to your stage...especially with somebody hoping to get into my present house

same reason I said before... paper work delay between the builder and the council. Not much I can do really apart from let it run it's course.

Anyone know who'd I'd contact in the council to see if I can get any news from their end? Presume it's Fingal Co Co?

I'm just wondering...why are the council involved with the paper work to your house...and not the others?
Sorry for being nosey

It's not just my house. There's 7 hours currently available in my estate. All of them are being held up by this document from the Co Co. 3 people have decided to close with an undertaking from the builder that the paper work will follow. We're being advised against this by our solicitor. Presume the other 4 people are also holding off until all the paper work is available.

Your new house is one of the show houses yeah? Presume there wont be a problem as there are already people living in Danes Court. Ours is delayed as Wendy Walsh Close is a brand new estate and we're the first ones moving into it.

It's all very frustrating! I'm trying not to think about it cos I just get annoyed! Will try giving Fingal Co Co a call to see if there's any news on their end.

Hi all, Dont know if I should start a new thread for this or just add it on. I have bought a 3-bed semi in Lusk Village and have just been called to do my snagging and was wondering from your own experiences how long do you think it would take before we sign? Also, what snagger did you use and who you would recommend?

Thanks

When we did out snag list it was about 3 weeks later that we got the keys. That was a few weeks ago now.

Although we might be different in that we were under no pressure to move in and in fact I was doing exams so I was delaying the whole process.

We had a family member to do our list.

Hi All,

I'm living in Lusk Village for nearly 3 years now, this estate is very nice.
As I am a qualified Civil Engineer i did my own Snag list.

I also think we should start a residents committee, as the builders have moved off site now.

What do ye think?

It is important that we have control of our own estate.

This estate will not be Taking in charge by the Council until the new treatment plant is completed!

Has anyone put down wooden flooring or tiles in their house in Lusk Village?

Just wondering did you opt to remove the skirting to get the flooring fitted under and replace the skirting. Or did you opt to just place the flooring up to the skirting?

Res committee is a good idea.
Would liasing with the management committee with this regard be a good ida to inform them?

I think the management committee AGM should be coming up some time soon. I don't recall having seen anything about one for a while. That's probably the best place to raise it.

Seagull said:
I think the management committee AGM should be coming up somtime soon. I don't recall having seen anything about one for a while. That's probably the best place to raise it.

Hi Seagull, would it be possible for you to let me know about when this is taking place. I have not moved in to my place yet but would like to attend it.

I don't know when it's due. I just can't recall seeing anything about it for a while. I'll post the details as and when I get them.

Devilish, have you signed yet? Any problems with their solicitor regarding getting your closing date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back