Lusk Village/McGarrell Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who been's in Lusk Village for 2 years and has NTL. He's had no problems with it. Think it's NTL MDMS (?) whatever that is.

Yeah that sounds about right. The MDMS is the NTL wireless service. The regular cabled service isnt available.

Sounds like I'll be taking Friday off so!

Hi

I recently bought a 3 bed semi in Lusk Village and am due to move in (hopefully) by month end. I have been reading these threads over the past few weeks and have got Great advice/tips from everyone, Thanks !!!

I was just wondering though about the exterior of the houses...such as, can I paint my door any colour I like? Or change the colour of the house, build a porch etc?

I also hear that there have been alot of break-ins lately around the lusk area. Have any of you guys been affected by this or heard anything about this?

Thanks....

Lusk Village has now been added to It can be accessed directly at It is more suited for discussion of non AAM issues.

Regards,
Ciaran

Saidy said:
Hi

I recently bought a 3 bed semi in Lusk Village and am due to move in (hopefully) by month end. I have been reading these threads over the past few weeks and have got Great advice/tips from everyone, Thanks !!!

I was just wondering though about the exterior of the houses...such as, can I paint my door any colour I like? Or change the colour of the house, build a porch etc?

I also hear that there have been alot of break-ins lately around the lusk area. Have any of you guys been affected by this or heard anything about this?

Thanks....

When we got the keys for house the Foreman gave us a list of rules from the Management company. I'm sure it states that you are not allowed to change of the colour of your door and not allowed to put up a satellite dish - however, it's quite obvious people are. A friend moved in to the Village around 2 years ago and his door was bright pink - he changed it and has had no problems.

Haven't heard anything about the break-ins though, very worrying.

GillB said:
When we got the keys for house the Foreman gave us a list of rules from the Management company. I'm sure it states that you are not allowed to change of the colour of your door and not allowed to put up a satellite dish - however, it's quite obvious people are. A friend moved in to the Village around 2 years ago and his door was bright pink - he changed it and has had no problems.

Haven't heard anything about the break-ins though, very worrying.

Thanks for that GillB!

Folks,
With regard to disposing of the mountain of cardboard boxes we've accumulated over the last 2 weeks... does anyone know where I could bring these for recycling? Can't seem to find a location through Google etc. Applied for black & green bins but apparently it takes up to 6 weeks for the green bin to arrive.

Also, got the NTL MMDS service installed on Friday. Tis excellent, the guys installing were very helpful, even brought the cable into the corner of the room we wanted to put the TV in.

Once I get the broadband in now I'll be sorted. Digiweb still unsure it they're new mask in Swords will reach Lusk. Should know in 4 weeks once it's up and running.

You can try taking them to the dump at Balleally. Alternatively, try talking nicely to neighbours who already have green bins. The next green bin collection is only in 3 weeks time.

Thanks Seagull. I've actually managed to find a place that'll accept the cardboard. There's a recycle centre in Swords near Woodie's DIY. Cardboard is free so I'll be making a trip (or probably several) there over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back