Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

Hi all, just to let ye know, i work aorund the corner from herons wood and have gone up about three times on my lunch and showed my friend etc. every single time i went up (once on a Sunday afternoon) the house has been open and i can walk in and around it no bother and noone has approached me or anything! so if any of ye want to check items or take pics etc id say try at least! i checked my doors closing etc since it was mentioned here and things that i didnt check on original viewing!

Hi Lockett,

You and me both, I'm also driven crazy waiting.........I reckon we should be in my May anyway sometime, as we were offered in Feb and we were told 3 months! Anyone I have heard that have gotten affordables were waiting approx 3 months also, lets hope we'll be the same!

well, if the rumours are true, and the council are meeting with solicitors in the next 2 or 3 weeks, i'm hoping we get the keys by mid may, but you never know with the council, they dont seem to want to tell us anything.

No news yet, I would figure nothing's going to happen until the end of the month. If I hear anything I'll be on here immediately letting everyone know.

Hey all,

I was down there yesterday and there is one or two people living in the houses now alright.

Hi everyone,
In relation to someone living in the houses. I know that a few houses were given out in Cherrygrove last Mon as council housing.

Just checked out Ravensdale this evening, two houses are now occupied. Now I'm really dying to hear something. Has anyone been in touch with their solicitor to see if they've heard from or been in touch with the council. Think I'll be making a call in the morning!

I remember when we got an affordable house, all the people in Social Houses moved in way before the people who got the Affordable houses, so I would say the people living in the houses at the moment were given a social house if you know what I mean. HTH

Hi all,

I contacted my solicitor they have not heard anything from the council yet, but the documtation went to the councils solicitor last week, I rang the council and my solicitor yesterday!

Just received letter this morning from council (via my solicitor) requesting I send in the deposit...The ball's rolling folks!

I literally rang my solicitor this morning and they told me they had just received a letter from the council asking them for my deposit. The letter asked me to contact Ann should I have any queries and I did, as I wanted to know if she would like me to give the deposit directly to them. She suggested it would be best that I have my solicitor send it on. I'm not taking out a mortgage for the full amount, which is why they probably want the deposit now. I know some of the people in this forum are taking a mortgage for the full amount and using their savings to work on the house instead...perhaps that is why I've gotten the letter.

I remember when we got an affordable house, all the people in Social Houses moved in way before the people who got the Affordable houses, so I would say the people living in the houses at the moment were given a social house if you know what I mean. HTH

Hi Andy and Lou, what part of Heron's Wood are ye living in? Do ye like it down there?

Hey Pinkstars
Congrats! Did your solicitor contact you or did you contact them as to what's happening? Am going to have to give our current landlord a months notice and don't want to have to pay both rent and mortgage for June. If I knew something within the next 2 weeks before the months end or saw signs that other people here were signing contracts I would defo give my notice. Think it'll b a case of pestering solicitor for the next few weeks. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

Thanks, will let you know! Just got a call to come in meet and go through ducumentation and I asked was it to sign also, they said more than likely. Our solicitor received the documentation this morning from the council's solicitor.

Hi movingsoon,

No haven't been asked hopefully I won't be either as I applied for 100% mortgage, and haven't heard anything about it so far.

Back