Heron's Wood: Carraigaline, Co Cork. When will these houses be allocated?

We were also told we'll know about the approval by the end of the week! Fingers crossed, would love to know asap...............

Hi all, i too am waiting a reply, just from nosing around this i see that some Councils charge a 2k fee, is this the case for the Cork COunty Council, i havent heard anything about this, am aware of sol fees, valuation fees , land registry etc but no about fees to the council! anyone know if this is the case???

We were also told we'll know about the approval by the end of the week! Fingers crossed, would love to know asap...............
When did you originally go about finding out? I thought from reading previous posts that you had applied a good while ago? I'm nervous now cause i'm going through a broker and only got all the details to her on Monday and she assures me she'll know by Thursdsay, latest Friday :eek:

Hi everyone,
So glad some are in the same boat as us. Congrats Bobdangler best of luck with the next step hope we will hear soon. We had to supply a few more bits of paperwork but hope we will know by weeks end. This is the worst bit the waiting good luck everybody.

Thanks Deemull. Best of luck to you all with your loans. Have any of you got you life and home insurance sorted? And what about the deposit, when do we give that to the Council?

Hi Bobdangler,
I dunno do you give deposit to the council as such. We are getting 100% mortgage so hopefully using our deposit to furnish the house!

Hi Bobdangler,
I dunno do you give deposit to the council as such. We are getting 100% mortgage so hopefully using our deposit to furnish the house!

Hey there pinkstars,
We are doing the same and keepin our deposit same as yourselves.
Have ye heard anything from the bank? Who are ye going with??

Hi Folks. Perhaps I'm not with it, but why would getting a 100% mortgage effect the the Co Council want €5K up front?

Hi all,

Did anybody get news they want to hear from the bank yet??
Can't stand this wait wondering if I'll get the loan or not!

I got confirmation over the phone, but even though I only live 3 miles away from the bank,the letter of approval still hasnt arrived in the post 3days later (An post....Grrrrrr!). Fingers crossed it arrives this morning and then delivering it by hand into the Co Council office.
Don't worry I'm sure you'll be fine. You're bound to get word back today or tomorrow.

Congrats bobdangler!!!! Great news for you :D Still no news here, dreading it. Have myself convinced I won't get approved! Is anyone else going for it alone?

Hey Jomaire, im going it alone too! its failry nerve racking stuff! im delighted someone else is in the same boat as me! im going with first active but its thru homeloans in meath!!! so im doing everything via email + fax, thank god for that or id be forever with posting info! everyday they are asking me for more info so just really waiting nervously!

Hi All,
Hope someone can answer my question, does anyone know when do you start paying the mortgage??? Is it when you get the keys?

To Put it another way, you're entitled to your keys when you start paying your Mortgage or when you have all the paper work finalised. For example, if everything wrapped up in Mid May (Being over ambitious). Once bank and solicitors are happy, solicitor will tell you to collect your keys and you're mortgage goes out at the start of each month. Then you dont start paying until the start of June. Probably not explained too well, but should give you idea.

Hey Jomaire, im going it alone too! its failry nerve racking stuff! im delighted someone else is in the same boat as me! im going with first active but its thru homeloans in meath!!! so im doing everything via email + fax, thank god for that or id be forever with posting info! everyday they are asking me for more info so just really waiting nervously!
It definately is. They don't seem to confident that I will get it on my own. I have a fair bit of savings so i'm not looking for that much, but the banks don't seem to be playing fair with single parents :rolleyes: It's a bit silly that the council aren't more enthusastic about helping single parents out, the alternative is social housing and to be fair, I would be well within my means to afford the affordable housing!!

Back