Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding AH clawback.

Re: Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding the clawback.

Is there any update on when this is going back before the Dail with the corrected legislation?

No update, my TD has written the Minister, when he comes back to me with the reply I'll post it here.

ahhhh just typed long reply

we were changing to a bank a few years ago and all was going grand until dcc insisted they get their clawbakc first if we sell and the bank said that they wanted their money first

Just got another update there..apparently the corrected legislation is being added onto another bill (Planning & Development) going through at the moment as an amendment..so when this bill is passed it will allow for us existing affordable owners to remortgage also.. the saga continues!

So, does anyone know when this legislation will be passed?

ok i am lost there - what number are we looking to have ammended?

Thats just a link to keep an eye on when the bill is passed cos thats when the legislation will allow us to remortgage without the clawback. Its in the Seanad at the moment,then goes to the Dail before its passed..

any more infor manu????

Afraid not dozy. The dail is now broken up until Jan 19th. When i enquired the last time i was told they hope the bill will be passed end of jan or beginning of february.. we'll just have to wait and see..

Any word on this legislation yet?

All I know is that its back in the Dail on Wednesday but it still has one or two more stages to go so its a guessing game how long it will take..hopefully soon though.

still checking in

jsut cheking in again - i get excited when i see a post from you manu

does anyone know how long it'll take until this new legislation gets passed?

Could be Easter at this stage...

just wondering what you are remortgaging for mostly, is it works on homes, holidays etc??

My reason for remortgaging was to lower the overall cost of my payments.

My existing home loan with Cork country is not good value when you consider the cost of the obligatory insurance(0.6%). A simpler insurance policy would suit my circumstances better and be far cheaper.

However, I recently read that the switcher market for mortgages is now effectively moribund...

personally i would consolidate existing loans and decorate my apartment if i was able to remortgage ...... on the other hand does anyone really have confidence that an establishment would risk lending monies to a person living in an affordable unit , ok some peolple circumstances have changed since they moved in first but generally i reckon we are in the high risky category and wont be touched with a barge pole, so all this is waiting is gonna be in vain .Does anyone know Will the T's and C's of the existing affordable housing agreements change ie. wether you would be entitled to rent out your unit legally

hi i was just looking to find out.i am 99% 1% shared ownership and also affordable ,im just a bit confused about the whole remorgageing thing.what will this mean if my morgage is with the council.last year i tryed to buy out the council and i was going to a bank.i didnt have to give back the clawback because my apartment was worth less to what i bought it for from the council.my apartment was only worth 175 and i payed 205 .i think then i owed the council 200.but the bank would only give me 92% of the 175 they will only give what the apartment is worth as you no they dont do 100% morgage anymore.so i had to come up with the 8% myself which would be 14 thousand, and then also the remainder of what i owed to the council.which would be 175 from the 200 is 25thousand.so i would of needed 39 thousand just to get rid of them.but i didnt have that money.im just looking for someone to explain to me about what will this mean for me.is there a chance now for me to get away from the counil now with all this new stuff that everybody is talking. thanks

Back