Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding AH clawback.

Re: Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding the clawback.

Confirmed from the Minister today: the new legislation won't come into effect until a Ministerial order is made. This will be done "as soon as possible following due consideration and discussions with participating lenders and local authorities on the detailed arrangements for operating the process".

Some time next year so :(

OH no, I got an equity release application form in the post today, why did I get my hopes up! HOPEFULLY "as soon as possible" means just that, hmmm

if anyone hears any news on the above can they let me know. was really hoping i could remortgage this year but now it doesn't look like it unfortunately

Has anyone heard any update on the above topic ?

silence is deafening, heard it cud be at least another year so dont hold your breath

oh my god are u serious a year i thought i would have sorted it by christmas that's unbelievable

Any update at all at all at all?

getting very anxious too haven't heard anything and don't know who to contact to see where the legislation is at, very worrying had my heart set on being able to sort it out this year

Hi,i cant see anything happening until at least September when the the Dail resumes(Sept 16th I think). I'm waiting eagerly also :) I asked my own co. council and this was the response i got the other day..

"
Re; your query below, the Bill was passed in Dail but the Act not published yet. Dept of Environment, Heritage and Local Government are working on an explanatory leaflet but may be next year before published. "

are there any updates? it is nearly october

OK you're not going to believe this folks, but according to the Minister today, there was a little "error" in the drafting of the legislation - and they will have to bring in new legislation to fix it!!!!!

I cannot believe these muppets... :(

ok, so i finally got a response from DCC regarding remortgaging my house

Hi Emma

I refer to the emails I received from you regarding the re mortgaging of your property which you obtained through the Affordable Housing Scheme.
I apologise for taking so long in getting back to you on this matter but I had to get clarification before I gave you ant information to ensure you were getting the correct information.

You can re mortgage your property with another bank. If you re mortgage you will not have to pay a clawback, the clawback will stay as a clause on the folio. However, if you sell your property now or further down the line the clawback will then need to be paid.

I hope this is of some help to you. I again apologise for taking so long in replying to your query.

Kind regards

Rebecca

Thanks for the update Brooklyn..That is not good news at all :-( I'm starting to wonder if its going to happen at all now and if so god knows when..

Emma 1980, did you have a mortgage with the Council or another bank when you sought to remortgage your home? I thought the legislation had to come into effect before you were allowed to remortgage without triggering the clawback?

emma1980 - that looks good

i thought the same

brooklyn - are you surprised really / thanks for the update :)

Has anyone got an update on the new legislation?

Doesn't look like this year anyway

I doubt it's a priority, people should get onto their TDs about it.

Read an article in the irish times on tuesday RE. allowing dublin city council flat dwellers to buy their flats from them , with similair clauses to the ones under affordable housin scheme ie. clawback etc.
It went onto say it wouldnt be possible yet as the minister for environment has yet to sign off on the housing bill and will not do so until at least next year, paving the way for people to take advantage of the purchase by next christmas.
Now i know both circumstances are different but it highlights how slow the government are in acting on these issues unless its in their personal interests .......

Back