Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding AH clawback.

Re: Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding the clawback.

Any updates on the above?

The debate on the bill started on Thursday but it looks like it's going to go on for a while. It's not scheduled for next week and there's no Dáil sitting the week after that. At this point you'd have to say it looks unlikely to be enacted this side of Easter.

Do you think this will be in place by the summer before the Dail finish or is there a chance it could drag on until autumn??

There's always a chance it could drag on til autumn, you just never know.

It is due to resume the last week of the month though.

Re: Min fr Housing is looking at changing the legislation regarding the clawback.

Does anyone know if the legislation regarding the clawback is passed yet please?
Can find no info on this anywhere :(

Re: Min fr Housing is looking at changing the legislation regarding the clawback.

No afraid not..its back in the Dail next week at Committee Stage..you can keep an eye on it here:

[broken link removed]

Thanks for that manunited....will keep an eye on it :)

The bill finished in committee stage yesterday so now it just has to go back to the Dáil for report stage. Apparently it's planned for the last week of the Dáil sitting in July. Fingers crossed there isn't some last minute bill the government decides it has to rush through instead!

Hi all, heres a reply i got from John Gormley today.

Legislative provision to facilitate arrangements under which a local authority could agree to its clawback charge ranking in second place behind a new or topped-up mortgage charge, thereby facilitating persons in affordable housing wishing to re-mortgage or re-finance with a private lender, is included in the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Bill 2008 which is currently before the Oireachtas and is targeted for enactment by the Summer recess. A further period will be required, thereafter, to allow for drafting of the necessary regulations and to put in place agreements with the private financial institutions.

He has said it will be through before xmas!!! HTH.

I didnt realise it could take another 6 months after the bill is passed.. nightmare :-(

Good news. The bill is scheduled for completion in the Dáil next Thursday.

fantastic news thanks brooklyn

any updates on this does anyone know if it it has been passed yet

Yes, passed by Oireachtas yesterday as planned.

Absolutely fantastic news! Does this mean we can contact banks asap to seek top up?

Hi all... so what exactly does this mean? We can now just go to another bank and transfer our mortgage to them? I was just about to fill out the forms to fix my mortgage for 2 years through Haven but i know plenty of other banks have much better rates than them...

Hi, has anybody got a link, so we can see exactly what it means for us.

thanks so much

It was said recently that some regulations will have to be drawn up before this actually comes into effect. I'm trying to get more info on this.

I have browsed through the document that has been passed in the oireachtas , but i think you would need a degree to decipher the contents , can anyone shed some light on our entitlements since the document has been passed and when they come into affect .Or are we still waiting on more legal jargon to to spat by our democratic representative who happen to go on holiday around now..... The silence is deafening regarding it ,wheter in be in the media or on the net . Apologies if i seem desperate ...... thank you in advance

Back