Government is looking at changing the legislation regarding AH clawback.

Well, it seems the change to legislation is still officially on:

To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his plans to introduce legislation to exempt owners who bought homes under the affordable housing and shared ownership schemes prior to 2009 from the clawback charge to the county council in line with the exemption granted to those who bought post 2009. - Olivia Mitchell.

For WRITTEN answer on Thursday, 7th April, 2011.
Ref No: 7124/11

Minister of State at the Department of Environment, Heritage and Local Government (Mr. W. Penrose):

In relation to affordable house purchasers wishing to remortgage or top-up an existing mortgage, provision was made in the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 to allow purchasers under the new Affordable Dwelling Purchase Arrangements to do this without triggering the clawback. However, the Act does not provide this facility for purchasers under then existing affordable housing or shared ownership arrangements. I have requested my Department to arrange to have the provisions necessary to address this matter included in the first appropriate legislative vehicle that becomes available.

To ask the Minister for the Environment, Heritage and Local Government his plans to introduce legislation to exempt owners who bought homes under the affordable housing and shared ownership schemes prior to 2009 from the clawback charge to the county council in line with the exemption granted to those who bought post 2009. - Olivia Mitchell.

sorry what does the above mean? that those of us that bought prior to 2009 are exempt from paying a clawback fee?

sorry what does the above mean? that those of us that bought prior to 2009 are exempt from paying a clawback fee?

It's saying that the intent is to allow people who bought pre 2009 to be exempt from clawback fee, much as the post 2009 people are, but it hasn't happened yet.

I thought it implies that anyone that bought pre-2009 can remortgage with another mortgage provider without triggering the clawback (the clawback still exists on a sale of the property)

It's saying that the intent is to allow people who bought pre 2009 to be exempt from clawback fee, much as the post 2009 people are, but it hasn't happened yet.

i dont see where it says that. it only discussed re-mortgaging. No release of the clawback ??

i dont see where it says that. it only discussed re-mortgaging. No release of the clawback ??

....they are thinking of abolishing the clawback altogether??? no chance, why would they do that?? doesnt make sense....I think it's that they are thinking of allowing people to remortgage without triggering the clawback...I just wish they would be a little more flexible when it comes to renting the unit out! people's circumstances change and they make no allowance for that!

Sorry, I was answering what the question Olivia Mitchell asked was, as that was the quoted bit. Obviously got it wrong, too. Sorry!

sostill no updates really??

i thought it was just asking for provision to be made but that is just asking not providing iykwim

Back