Clifden Road Ballyfermot

Prices Last June

Type A - Market Value €295k - Affordable €230 (€235 - for end terrace with side entrance) (Three Storey House)

Type B - Market Value €310k - Affordable €240 (Semi Detached Houses)

Type C/D - Market Value €295k - Affordable €230 (Two Storey Terraced)

Are EBS not doing 100% they have it on there website still?

Hi new user, yes the EBS do 100% mortgages providing the AH price is not more than 80% of the Market value or something like this. Im trying for the shared ownership, will send in the application next week, as have some running around to do for them first. I'm doing my snag next week too.

Anyone else doing their Snag for Clifden next week, or am I the only one on the forum that got offered the house this time round?

I've applied for Shared Ownership and apparently it takes 5 weeks to see if been approved, so know ill be biting my knuckles for the next 5 weeks, and my son too, coz he is teething :)

Wish there was someone else on here that was offered the houses this time round as would like to know how they are getting on with the process, supposedly the move in date is end of August at the latest however this sounds ludacris to me as it surely cant be finalised so quickly, as long as
im in there for Christmas then im happy camper.

hi trevor.
my girlfriend and i put a deposit on clifden terrace. maybe i was there with you. i was third in q. gone affordable way. waiting on provisional app. should be monday. has anything happened wit yours yet or how far along are you. did that girl emma move in and if so how long did it take for it to all to go through. i hate waiting but im ringing every few days trying to get it moving. im hoping in ten weeks cause lisa out of SO said with my snag done and completed it should move along fairly quick.

Hi there kmck,

Yes I was there more than likely, I was there on my own though until my girlfriend came at 5pm. We also put deposit down, and have SO Application going through at the moment also.

About 2 and half weeks ago, we got our provisional approval already from the Shared Ownership, were dealing with chap called Dave. I dont know where I was in the queue on the day, I was after the guy who was getting hitched. Think I was actually 7th or something like that, got the one I want anyway.

Back to SO, we got work on the 17th that we were approved, and now we have been told we wont hear anything for another 5 weeks, so another 3 left before we hear. Its bad because I'm passing the place every single day, its killing me not been able to get inside.

Emma is in there like a year I think, or maybe just since Christmas I think. I knew at the viewing that EBS weren't going to give us the mortgage due to the current climate so started getting in all the SO docs, what a pain that was.

I'm glad to be in contact with someone who was at same viewing as me, maybe we can keep each other posted on the others application process.
I did my snag like the week after we chose the house, but havent been called to do the de-snag.

Apparently because its AH property, its supposed to make the SO process quicker, however some people were waiting 6 months as you can see in the forum here.

From the time I got approval they advised another 10-12 weeks for closure of the sale. I did foundation maths so dont ask me to calculate but if Im right then the move in date isnt until the end of September. I dont care really, as I mainly wanted to be there before christmas. I must admit the waiting around is really getting to me, , , cant stop thinking about what we are gonna do to the place and so on. Can I ask what number you picked. I think theres still nobody in numbers 2-7 and13-15 or something. I picked number 7.

Emma got normal EBS mortgage so her time will differ to ours I think. Im just hoping everything goes plain sailing once the legal department gets back to me. I'm going to have to look for solicitor for the home declaration to be signed.

Do keep me updated, nice to meet you neighbour ;)

- Trevor

Hi Trevor
Im picked no.6 so we're next door neighbours. No.2 is gone cause my mates cousin got it. My brothers girlfriend got the show house and are moving in next week. They singed for it 14 months ago.

About moving in i hope its 10 weeks or even a bit earlier cause my sofa is coming in 3 weeks and i can put it off for a futher 4 weeks but after that im stuck for somewhere to put it. I'm just gonna ring everyweek and try push things along cause that seems the only way things get done.

I had to q for 22 hours to get the house. I was third in the q.

Yeah we can keep each other posted but I dont think i'd be any use to you seen as i'm about 2 weeks behind you but i'll keep you posted.

I'm sure there is no more than one house left and i think thats even gone.

I see you are renting in cedarbrook. You done well to save 3k and pay that rediculas 1200 a month people are charging you. Robbers.

Did you get prices on mortage repayments? how much?

Queued for 22 hours??? Thats mad, I think I queued from like 2pm or something like that. That was bad enough, some people had flasks and food with them, I was intelligent enough to think about that before I went. I just ordered my bed, its coming tomorrow, but keeping it at the parents for the time being, ill get the rest of the stuff after the move in. Have went around and priced flooring and the suite so I know exactly what I need to get, just matter of getting the money together as am broke at the moment.

I emailed today for update on my application, she said ive to wait another 3 weeks, I was just chancing it to see if there was any update but im look at the last week in August before the legal side is finished.

Regarding your 10 weeks hope thing, after you get the provisional approval, I think they send you out SO3 form which you need to sign and send back again, its only then when that has been received, they will then advise you of this 5 week waiting period.

You wont be happy to hear it but I reckon the move in date for us all wont be until mid October. Yes Im paying a huge rent, paying someone elses mortgage but thats life I suppose. We only just barely got that 3k together, we are so broke for the rest of the month.

Honestly we have no savings at the moment, just living off the salary so god knows how we will pay for everything with the house. We have a young infant so cant exactly keep the costs down.

I was told the repayments for S.O. if its based on 50/50 repayments would be 880 Euros. Thats without mortgage relief so would be slightly cheaper.

Let me know how your getting on with it anyways, Cheers.

I just did my De-snag there yesterday, builders were there all day yesterday de-snagging. They are supposed to remove some of the barriers next week too.
Looks like things are really moving along.

Looks like im the only one who posts on here these days so guess Im updating myself :-/

So as I said yesterday went up to De-Snag, emailed DCC but thinks shes off today as didnt reply to my email yet. Was talking to the builders there, seem really nice and they did good job filling in the cracks and done practically all the snags. They will shortly start spraying the weeds out the back garden.

Barriers being removed from my garden next week so cant wait for that,
so now that my de-snag has been done, does that mean things are going to move rather quickly for me now?

I've to wait until the end of the month for DCC legal department to do some paperwork, so wont know until then whats the next step with it all. Im hoping the sale will close within 6 weeks but thats highly unlikely and I fear it may be November or December again we get the keys, however its frustrating because the house is ready to move into now.

There wasnt rad in the living room but I didnt snag that as the long rad in the kitchen should heat both rooms, the downfall of the property, no window in the living room, would be handy if they had one of those back doors that opens from the top to give some air inside. Wouldnt want to leave the doors open all day and let the mozzies in.

I've been bit silly and already bought my bed, it cost 628 Euro. My mam thinks ive expensive taste, but compared to the other ones there it was one of the cheaper ones in Cost Plus Sofas.

I know which Sofa I want, 3+2 seater, but will cost 1200 Euro so ill have to save up for that one for few months. Family is buying us some things like dining table and chairs, tv unit and coffee table. Grandparents buying all our kitchen appliances, so basically all we need to pay for ourselves is the flooring and eventually the paint.

From what I heard the pressure in the bathroom upstairs is bad so we might invest in power shower, think some good ones can be gotten for 200 squid. We are being given couch for the moment until we get on our feet.

The week before we get the keys I want to order the carpets and wooden floors so when get the keys they can go straight in and do it all, hopefully within 3 day period if we are lucky.

Might just buy one of those Alarm systems in the Argos. Has anyone had alarm wires rigged to bedrooms, isnt that problem if its warm during the night and you want to open the windows?

Anywho, ill leave it at that.

Good stuff about the house. If the fence is coming down then thats a good sign. Still waiting on prov app. Lisa is away till September.

About the alarm, its wired for every window except main bed. This is because the dont think someone will try to climb that high to get in. You can have the window open at night once you only set the alarm for down staires as there usually on seperate zones.

You can get a shower for 200 but id recommend to buy a triton t90xr which are 280 in BQ but sometimes you get 10% off which is only 252. The other showers will just keep breaking. the house is already wired to a certain point for the shower. If your wondering how i know this its because im an electrician.

Id say things will move fairly fast now because if the take the barriers down id say the builder is trying to wash his hands of them now because he completed them over 1 year ago. So if anything happens to them befor we get them its out of DCC pocket so id say theyll try to pass them over to us asap. Good sign. let me know if you here anything else.

Does that mean that they wont give you approval until September, thats madness, everything will be pushed back on you, hopefully not though.

Ok you told everyone on forum, thats asking for trouble, now everyone will be hammering on your door to do stuff for them, or maybe thats a plus, I dunno.

I dont want an electric shower, I want a mixer shower instead but im puzzled where I could put the shower pump, would it fit in the wall or would need to go somewhere else? Your the expert on that, any ideas?

I do think they just want to get rid of the houses at this stage, however think they may wait until everyones approved and move us all in on same day. At the end of the day theres no rush to move in, just more time to save money and we know we will eventually move in so its grand, they sprayed the back gardens with weed killer too, coz they were mess.

I'll let you know how my app goes, they've to come back to me in 3 weeks but I dont know what the next step is, maybe to get the Home Declaration form signed by solicitor or something. I still need to get solicitor. Might just go with Bennetts down near McLoughlin butchers, he charges 125 but Yvonne said I should get for 80 Euro but im not fussed.

Hiya Trevor,

Just a recommendation that Geraldine Scully in Scully's Solicitors between Masseys Funeral Directors and Molloys Liquor Store is really good if you are looking for a solicitor. I have used her in the past and found her really nice, helpful and she isnt too expensive. No association to her, just a satisfied customer.

Ericsson :)

I dont know weather it will fit under the bath but the press in the main bed above is almost directly above the bathroom. You cant bury it in the walls because it needs to be acessable for maintenance. Plus you'll only have to lift a couple floor boards to get the pipes down.

They told us we'll get prov app this week. What else do i need when i sign it. is it just a pay slip or what cause i want to get my end sorted so i can put the pressure on them.

Hi Ericsson thanks for the recommendation, might actually pop into them during the week to give me price. Just hope they can give me good price. Im really itching to get the ball rolling.

KmcC - When you get provisional approval, they send you out yet another form to sign and send back to them I think. Then is from then the 5 week wait commences with the legal department, but seemingly most of them are going on holidays so I dont know if everything will be on hold until then, who knows. Actually when you send back the SO3 form, I think they ask for payslips, think its just to prove your working, I sent mine back almost month ago so its hard to remember exactly.

Have you been given date for when you will be moving in? Even if I knew that id be happy to be honest. Im not sure if its good idea to put pressure on them, one the legal side is involved, I think its a waiting game, ive never hassled them or anything out of fear they would throw my application to the back of the queue.

I've to contact them again at the end of the week as its been 3 and half weeks since my forms went back, hope its good news. Just wish I knew what happens after legal side is done, or maybe then the law department have to look at something, im confused.

Hey Emma1980
Do you mean they were in mine as number 6 or all of the houses. I live close but I'd be in work and by the time I get home the builders would be gone.

Trevor,
Maybe you have to wait five weeks because alot are on hols and not back to September cause lisa is on hols so I hope I might only have to wait till then cause I got prov app today.

Back