Clifden Road Ballyfermot

Thanks Emma1980 !
They sound fantastic

Im looking forward to it now, I might have a drive around tonight to try and find them. Ive actually put a booking deposit on a place with SDCC but nothing has happened in months and Ive nothing signed and I cant believe Im being offered a house so Im going to go for it. I'll let you know how I get on.

Yeah do - there's only a handful of us that have moved in so there are fences around most of them... I was shocked myself to get offered a house, its only the two of us so we didn't expect it! Best of luck to you, looking forward to getting some neighbours!

does anyone know if you can view floor plans for these houses, tried looking at them tonight but it was too dark to get a good look trying to get a heads up on before viewing

Hi Leo79

If you want to PM me an email addresss i'll send you the floor plans, i was the same as you wanted a heads up, so found out who the architect was and got the plans before viewing.... just wondering is it an open viewing or have you's got appointment? because it was 1st come 1st choice when we got our house (but it was by appoinment, who ever was pulled out of the draw 1st)

its an open viewing so id say it wd be a bit mad i heard there was like 70 letters sent out so don't know what my chances are

i got offered an house on clifden but having a problem with the mortgage as the difference between affordable price and market price is not big enough. pitty the council didn't tell us this when going to view them

asked if they would drop prices but thats a no go

have you been in touch with the mortgage advisor from Lisney? His name is Stephen Rafferty - he's absolutly brilliant and sorted everything out for us so i'm sure he'd be a huge help to you

Hi All
Yes I went to view the houses, fell in love with them although I didnt get the one I wanted I was happy enough. Im now in the same boat as redser12 and I cant secure enough of a mortgage to get one! so annoying as I was mortgaged approved going into it but now its something to do with the prices, Its so frustrating.....
The girl in DCC said they wont revalue or drop price.
Im now trying to see if I can get a cu loan (but the max is 5yrs) to cover the diff but that ontop of mortgage payments would be very very tight.

Thanks Emma1980 I think I will give him a call.

hi all, just a quick update. Ive pulled out of clifden, i couldnt secure and affordable mortgage. crazy thing is Im can get a bit more with a traditional mortgage and Ive an offer on a place on the open market.

hope it works out for you all

Hi all! I heard a rumour in the pub on friday night that someone who bought a house in Clifden Terrace received a 20k chq back from DCC due to the value of the house dropping! Anyone hear anything on this??

Hi Emma1980,
I havent heard anything like that but I did manage to get my apartment re-valued and a price reduction of 15k. Im also buying with DCC but not in Clifden Rd so if they're reducing prices for some developments then they should reduce for all within DCC.
If I were you I'd get back in touch with DCC, hope it all wors out for ya.

Hi, i've already bought and moved into my house on Clifden Terrace - but so has the person who i heard got the refund! I emailed the council about it but they said they couldn't discuss someone elses files but said that DCC weren't refunding anyone.

Anyone else get anywhere with buying one of the houses? No one has moved into them in ages!! Hoping to get some neighbours soon!!

Hi there, I've been on the afforable housing panel for 2 years with no offers might I add, im suprised I havent lost faith in the scheme yet. I applied for the houses on Clifden Road last year but didnt get offered them, I was gutted that I wasnt offered one as we are renting in Cedarbrook for 1200 a month so I'd rather it go on a mortgage.

I've applied again for the ones in Clifden for the April 2009 lottery, so fingers crossed ill be offered one of those houses. Isnt it gutting to see all the fenced up houses there and heres me hoping to get one and passing those lovely houses every single day on the 79A bus :(((

I just had some questions about the houses, whats included in the houses, are there appliances or any photos to share? I wouldnt be brave enough to ask to go to house viewing there.

So is it working for the housing scheme, just say for example if I was offered a house okay, its 230k, and with the 92% mortgages nowadays, it would mean the bank would only lend me 211,300 so does that mean I need to put the other 18k odd towards it myself, or how is the housing scheme working, I read online that the deposit is something like 3,000 Euro, but does that mean I just borrow the 211,300 from bank and the scheme pays the rest? Can someone let me know on this, it would be such a great relief to know how its actually working, by the way congratulations to those living in the houses, your very lucky :)))

- Trevor

Hi Trevor... I'd heard from DCC that all the houses were sold a few weeks back?! Surprised to hear that they were on the offer list again! We applied in April 2008 and moved into the house Christmas week - we were very lucky getting one so quickly!

There are no appliances included in the houses, there is a fitted kitchen, electric fire in the kitchen and sitting room and all of the bedrooms have fitted wardrobes.
PM me your email address and i will send you the pictures i took before we put our own stuff in so you can see what they are like!

Yeah, the deposit you need for the council is 3k to secure your booking. If you only get the 92% mortgage, you would need to pay the balance yourself aswell as the 3k - then the 3k would go off your mortgage too.... We got a 100% mortgage through Haven so we only had to pay the 3k and then got it refunded when we got the keys which was grand cuz it paid for the solicitor!

I just got an email today from DCC to say ive been offered an apartment in Ashtown, am so excited, just scurrying around to get mortgage in principle,
was hoping to get one on Clifden but ah well :( I'll take whatever they offer me.

Back