Clifden Road Ballyfermot

Did they give you definite date yet? I saw the chap from Number 5, so guess he must have moved in already also, its nightmare for us to park in driveway, really steep. Someones coming tomorrow to look at the gas thing, hopefully they will be able to sort it out for us. I'm rushing around this week trying to get some flooring organised, painting and setting up the place as hope to move in within the fortnight. Im not letting the gas problem get to me though, feel so wrecked tired after painting all weekend.

Sorry to hear about your leak Trevor, sounds like a lot of hastle but just think thank god you hadn't got your carpets etc down before the leak. The house im buying is just around the corner from yours near to the shops on claddagh green, its on Spiddal Road. I absolutely cant wait to move in. DCC told me today that I should be signing last week in September, fingers crossed! Can I ask a few questions from you Trevor - Where did you end up getting your home insurance? And where did you get for family home declaration? Thanks and let us know how the decorating is coming along :)

Ericsson :)

Getting keys on Friday. Just have to sort out insurance tomorrow. Everything else is done. Did they send out a plumber and did you see anyone going into my house

Ok so Friday is the big day, I took out my home insurance 10 days before I signed because I wanted to make sure that they posted the letter out in time.
@ericsson FYI, got my Insurance through Quinn. They were the cheapest quote at about 400Euros per year.
Solicitors I went to was Bennetts over McLoughlins Butchers on the main road, cost 75 euros so wasnt too bad. They came and fixed the gas anyways,,, until next time I suppose, also when guy was fixing gas he was to go into your place? Apparently gas fire not working properly? Or should I say electric fire, mines working grand. However no hot water in my kitchen tap, prob need to get plumber out to see if theres any air locks or something like that.

Bet you cant wait to get your keys, first you will prob meet with Eileen who will go through the AH part, then Orla will go through the legal part, you will be there a good 90 minutes I reckon, them you get letter of release for the keys, when you get this immediately call the security fella to give you the keys and to make sure the fences are taken down.

I didnt know you posted last, this thing supposed to email me and let me know, ive been like a mad man painting the place, appliances coming saturday, hopefully place getting tiled then, its been mad week for me, so busy. Running out of money though :)

Fella in number 5 has been in and out, parked outside your place yesterday so he did. Its a nightmare for u
to park our Colt on the 180 degree driveway :(

Ericsson, got dec for from solicitor, go into him and ask him for the draft, draft is free.

Don't know if you rang fbd insurance but they gave it to us for 245. That's with full cover wit accidental damage and 25000 contents cover. Yeah that fire is suppose to work off central heating also. That electric fire part will cost a fortune. Just try look into it.

Its a nightmare for u
to park our Colt on the 180 degree driveway :(

Wait til we get snow again then ha ha! My drive is no where near as steep as yours and my car slid down the garden and hit the gates!! No damage thank god but i had to leave it at the gates because it slid a couple of times!!! If the gates had of been open it would have been out in the middle of the road ha!!

Yeah I am looking forward alright. Going to paint the sitting room and put the floor down the weekend because sofa is coming Monday. Also put in the alarm. I'd say it's annoying with the drive and I never even thought of the snow like emma said. Not the end of the world though.

That plumber was suppose to fix the pipe off the boiler that goes into the front garden. Someone broke it off and drew some nice words and pictures on my wall. Ha ha. So I take it you'll be moving in shortly?

I saw something drawn on number 8's front wall, nice neighbours eh, so what happened Karl did you get your keys yesterday or what? The fence is still up outside your house? Let us know.

Well ill be moving in probably next week or something like that, Got kitchen floor done today, painted bedroom, so will be looking to start moving things at end of the week or something like that. Hoping to get the carpets in during the week. Kind of in rush coz we have to give back in apartment the week after next so rushing around trying to get everything done, was going to do garden today but think ill just kill off the grass and put down some new seeds. I'm eventually going to get the front garden levelled off because that driveway is joke. All part of the joys of owning a new home suppose, should be all
sorted by about christmas time.

Yeah got keys yesterday. Have sitting room and kitcken painted and nearly have floor down. Will start kitchen floor tomorrow. Hopefully move in Friday.

We have to pay for Sept/October mortgage, pay both in October, asked the bloke today and he said doesnt have to be paid until end of October so thats grand. Had bit of nightmare ordering the bins, just dont ring 2221000

Just wondering what these houses are like? The fact they're being offered cheaply on the open market and are opposite a park worries me but there seems to be a lot of people here who are happy after buying them (despite the flooded kitchen, sorry about that..)
Cheers guys for any replies!

Heya Kara,
I moved into my house in September, everything is grand. I know the area has a bad rep but theres no anti-social behaviour or anything like that.
The park across the road was recently renovated, theres really only people walking dogs, or kids on bike, or the occasional young fella on a scrambler,
lol but apart from that its quite enough. I had the same feeling as you when buying here but everything is grand, new houses all have teething problems as my mam says however dcc are required to fix any leaks anyway so I wouldnt worry about it too much, ask for a viewing of the houses, theres always a security guy in the house in Croftwood Park which are the same houses. I think you would like the houses, from the outside on first appearance they look like little boxes but are actually quite spacious
inside.

Hey Kara did you ever go ahead and get the house or where they all taken where you asked the DCC?

hiya all,

just wondering if there is many of you living on clifden terrace that constantly get the e119 error on your boiler, i'm actually get fed up with now and was going to ring the council about it but just curious if anyone else has the same issue. I know it generally means a leak in the system but i have searched and cannot find one

thanks

Back