Castle Rock, Midleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw that there are 3 properties in Castlerock for sale on the www.propertyteam.ie website. The price on these is 385k. I believe that 2 of these are a subsale and that no stamp duty will apply. The other one is in the Orchards. I would have thought that these would have gone for slightly more...

just drove past the new enterance to the whole castle rock complex....does anyone know what the plans are for the traveller encampment on the side of the road near the enterance ???

Just saw that there are 3 properties in Castlerock for sale on the www.propertyteam.ie website. The price on these is 385k. I believe that 2 of these are a subsale and that no stamp duty will apply. The other one is in the Orchards. I would have thought that these would have gone for slightly more...

How much were they selling for in December 05? Do you know what house type they are Art?

just drove past the new enterance to the whole castle rock complex....does anyone know what the plans are for the traveller encampment on the side of the road near the enterance ???

It's staying put as far as i know. The day we put a deposit down on the house, we heard a couple asking the auctioneer about the traveller site and they were told it's staying there. The travellers have been there for years now and there's never been any trouble. Those were the words of the auctioneer.

The auctioneer does not live there does he ??

Not that i know, i'm just saying what we heard. Whether or not she was telling the truth is another story. Although a friend of mine does live in the area and she said she's never had any problems or heard of them causing problems.

bought to flip it or to live in it . Big Difference.

has nobody asked the local Guards who will know the answer for sure.

Lets not be too naive. It will of course matter when someone tries to resell their property down the line. Of course in the ideal world it wouldnt matter, but we dont live in that world.

and what's wrong with the travelling community living in caravans on a site..they are probably asking amongst themselves if the estate when finished will cause them any problems..and it looks like from some of the above posts that there will be people trying to have them moved on...i'm sorry to say this is typical of this day and age in Iour greta country

Along with the real world reality that the presence of the encampment will draw from the value of a property there is also the problem that the aforementioned site is illegal, as it is located on the side of a road and a danger to both the travellers and other road users. I wonder would the previous poster take issue if a group of people decided to park up on the road outside his property, which she has to work hard to pay for.

Plus, the posters were asking whether they were trouble or not. They weren't talking about prospective property prices. It was their own prejudices rather than the possible prejudices of future buyers which are on show in this thread.

prejudice is prejudice and eventhough it may not be typed here in black and white everybody i am sure can guess what is really on people's minds .. i am sure once the estate fills up with people a residents committe will be formed and it will be top of the list of, course ,this may already be the case

the travellers have been there for years - anyone who viewed the houses couldnt help to see them. so i have no pity for anyone whinging about the settlement now.

there is an argument for who was there first anyway.

This thread has gone off topic. I dont think anybody is whinging about the travellers. Bor just enquired if there was plans for the traveller encampment on the side of the road near the enterance ???

" Bor just enquired if there was plans for the traveller encampment on the side of the road near the enterance ???"

then i guess (speaking as someone who lives in midleton) the answer i have is no , there are no plans for the traveller encampment on the side of the road near the entrance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back