Castle Rock, Midleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
2Pack said:
Has anybody ordered an eircom line yet for the oul Broadband. It can take 3 years in Cork ye know so better order (in writing ) today

I would hate to hear more "unusual" stories like that so get your orders in now get written confirmation .

I heard about that, its a disgrace. I havent ordered anything yet. Has anybody else? Perhaps somebody moving in to The Orchards has since those houses are due to be completed first

Hi Folks,

Have bought a house on The Crescent opposite The Fairways. Does anyone have an idea of when they will be ready ish. Last week I heard that the fairways will be ready for xmas. It is difficult to know when to put my own house on the market. I orginally thought our house would be ready next summer. Castleland said they will only give a few weeks notice.

Also did anyone out there get a slab for their conservatory. If so any ideas on reliable contractors, design ideas etc.

Regards,

Mr Cobby

With regards to the Avenue, was on to electrician yesterday who told me Castlelands have delayed the start of 1st fix electrical now for a while. Apparently they wanted to be done with the Orchards before moving on. So I wonder has this delayed the overall scheme of things much. i know the plumber is at the 1st fix plumbing on the Avenue at the moment.

I think its a good idea that we all continue to share as much info as possible on this message board

sburs said:
I think its a good idea that we all continue to share as much info as possible on this message board

Defo! I dont have anything to share at the moment though as our house isn't due to be completed until Dec 06.

Any updates guys? I've no update. The kitchen was the last thing we sorted out. Have send off the cheque to the electrician with the list of extra fittings we want etc.. What's next on the agenda?!

It is expected that the estate will open this week. The Council have given permission that allows the residents of the first row of houses (The Orchards) use the old road while Castlelands are putting the finishing touches to the new road.
Tina - ensure at the earliest possible time that the electrican completes all your extras. They missed out on some of mine. To give them credit everything was completed subsequently from the snag list but it would have been alot less trouble for them if the omissions had been spotted earlier.
Make sure you have your Engineer on stand by to complete the snag list. You are likely to be given short notice that the house is ready for snagging and unless your solicitor requested an extension of the 7 days you have to submit the inspection report at the time of signing contracts you could miss out on your rebate.
All in all, each person I dealt with were one better than the next so you should have no worries.

Thanks for all that Macer. Will keep an eye on the electricians. Is GDE doing the electrics for the whole estate?

Thanks for the info re: snagging too!

Hello to All,
Bit of a rant really. I'm putting a flat screen tv on the wall of my sitting room and need the electrician to run leads from the tv behind the wall to an exit point about half a foot up from the skirting board. Simple job really. I even went to the trouble of sourcing them, buying them, handing them to Jen to give to Dennehys etc. I'm doing the same for my bedroom on the top floor(Type D). So imagine my surprise when Dennehys send me an invoice for €100 excl. vat to do this. I mean they are literally running cable that I have already supplied from A to B for two rooms and they want €100 from me!
Now i'm not meaning to be tight about this, but they are basically taking the piss. So I rang Dennehys and spoke to someone. I asked her how they actually calculated this price etc.. She got very abrupt and said that Gerard(Mr. Dennehy) had given her that price (i.e he plucked a nice round figure out of his head) and that was that.
We are all paying good money for our new homes but personally I get a little offended when I know someone is trying to rip me off.
Am I over-reacting? How should I approach this with Jill?

Regards,
S

That's madness. Dont know what to say sburs. Maybe ring Jill and explain what happened but im not sure if she can do anything really. I would think that there are people out there that will want to put up flat screen tv's too so perhaps if everyone rings them about it, something might be done.

Hi All,
Anyways a little update. Spoke to Jill yesterday. She basically said that there was nothing she could do about it- that the Dennehys and I had a third party agreement and that was that. She did however say she'd pass on my remarks to those who deal with sub-contractors- not that thats gonig to make much of a difference as Dennehys are also after getting the contract to do the electrics on Castlelands new development in Carrigaline. Interestingly enough Celtic Interiors, who I personally found a pleasure to deal with, have not.
Jill told me today that Dennehys are on hols for a fortnight and whilst Castlelands employees and some other sub-contractors are on site this week, they are not.

The first keys were handed over on Friday last, more this weeks.

sburs said:
Hi All,
Interestingly enough Celtic Interiors, who I personally found a pleasure to deal with, have not.

A friend of a friend works in Celtic Interiors and I was told that Celtic Interiors never do kitchens for developments but they did a bathroom for one of the the bosses at Castlelands recently and he asked them to do a few of their developments. I think they only did one or two of the developments as far as i know.

sburs - just to let you know, Dennehys vans at the site yesterday, so I think some of them are not on holidays.

Any updates guys? We drove down to the site on Saturday but it was all locked up. I was shocked to see how far it has come along though. There's lots of houses fully up and rendered on the outside!

My wife and I purchased a 'Type A' house on the Fairways. I rang the builders today - 8 August 2006 - for a progress report. They have informed me that our house is at the ground floor stage and that the scaffolding was being set in place as they will be erecting the walls shortly, a completion date was not given as I'd expected.

My wife and I are still deciding on our kitchen layout with Celtic Interiors and have been asked by Castlelands to finalise these plans ASAP.

Has anyone on the Fairways been contacted by the electrician regarding their requirements? My wife and I would be interested in having two additional outside lights installed, an outside socket and some additional double sockets upstairs. Has anyone dealt with the electrician regarding additional requirements?

gmcardle said:
My wife and I purchased a 'Type A' house on the Fairways. I rang the builders today - 8 August 2006 - for a progress report. They have informed me that our house is at the ground floor stage and that the scaffolding was being set in place as they will be erecting the walls shortly, a completion date was not given as I'd expected.

My wife and I are still deciding on our kitchen layout with Celtic Interiors and have been asked by Castlelands to finalise these plans ASAP.

Has anyone on the Fairways been contacted by the electrician regarding their requirements? My wife and I would be interested in having two additional outside lights installed, an outside socket and some additional double sockets upstairs. Has anyone dealt with the electrician regarding additional requirements?

We bought a TypeA in the Crescent. GDE electrical were in contact us about 6-8 weeks ago. They sent us a letter and a form to fill in if we had additional requirements. We sent it back and have heard nothing since. Did you read sburs post about being charged €100 for running a wire half a foot up the wall?!

A few small items to remember when choosing electrical extras.
Standard installation only runs one cable to your cooker, if you plan on having an electric cooker and seperate electric hob it is preferrable to have both wired independantly.
Consider the position of your sockets and recessed lights carefully, in particular remember the position of your built in robes, if you don't specify you could end up with a recessed light behind/over your robes or robe doors opening in front of your bed side sockets.
In the kitchen the standard spec allows for 9 recessed lights, these are controlled by 3 seperate switches which allows you to light 3, 6 or 9 lights - consider which way you might like to illuminate your kitchen e.g you might want to only light over you dining table and leave the remainder switced off.
Personally I think you can't have enough sockets and to future proof your house it's important to have telephone points in each room, these are cat 6 cabled and will allow for networking etc.
You may wish to consider surround sound if so now is the time to cable.
While it may not be important to you now it's likely that you might end up with an LCD TV in the future - consider the position of your sockets. Also the electrican recommends three tv point in your sitting room, which again is future proofing for Sky + and the ability to view digital in your bedrooms etc.
Better leave it at that otherwise it will end up costing you a small fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back