Castle Rock, Midleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to Jill. She's not sure but said she heard "on the grapevine" that the contracts were set up in such a way that we would not have to pay stamp duty. She did say that I should contact my solicitor to find out for definite. It would seem to me though that if the site value is €142.5k we will be caught for 3% stamp duty...

As far as I can remember the advert for Castlerock did say that there was no Stamp Duty for Owner Occupiers. Think Gill might be right - my solicitor did mention that the contracts had been drawn up in such a way that purchasers would not be liable for Stamp Duty but again its best to check that out with your own solicitor.

Hi Everyone. We recently put a deposit on a Type B house. I've been told by the selling agents that no stamp duty will apply. This is calculated as:

(house price - vat)/4

If the result is less than €127,000 then no stamp duty applies.

On another matter we still haven't had an opportunity to see the show house (we hope to do so in a few weeks). Has any one got pictures of the interior of the show house or non-show house for that matter? Thanks.

I have photos of Type A showhouse, if anyone is interested let me know

Called by the site on Saturday. Met one of the guys working there who was happy to show me around as the foreman was off. Most of the houses in the orchard are being snagged at this stage and are due to have keys handed over by the 15th of June. Had a look into some of them and was very impressed. Once these are finished it looks as if the early numbers in the Crescent will be next to go.

art..... it is company policy not to come on to the site without an appointment. i found out the hard way. you dont want to piss off site mgmt. its insurance and health and safety the site mgmt are concerned about.

Has anyone been to the site in the past fortnight? I plan on going down some evening next week but cant see much from the road really.. Are the showhouses still open at the weekends?

Tina,

Was talking to Jill on Monday. The first houses on the Orchard will be handed over to the owners for snagging today (the 15th). Have you heard from the electrician about any extras you want - I got a letter from him last week?? Any word as to what the houses are worth now

Showhouse no longer open at weekends - appointment required as far as I know. Think they work some Saturdays.

Art said:
Tina,

Was talking to Jill on Monday. The first houses on the Orchard will be handed over to the owners for snagging today (the 15th). Have you heard from the electrician about any extras you want - I got a letter from him last week?? Any word as to what the houses are worth now

Thanks Art. Yes we got a letter from the electrician about a fortnight ago re extra's etc..

I'm No.11 Castle Avenue and am confirming my kitchen with Celtic Interiors tomorrow.

With regards to what houses are worth now I think thats quite difficult to predict but with the last one(type D) going for €380k we at least have a new base. Value will increase once development is fully finished. I also think it will increase further when a) Amgen plant is built and operating b) train returns to Midleton and c) when next phase sells out

Planning permission for phase 2 was posted in last weeks Irish Examiner.
Over 400 houses (2,3 & 4 bedroom) also included planning for school, tennis courts, playing pitch & all weather pitch.
Phase 2 will be located on the left side of the new road as you drive away from town. The stone wall, currently ending at or near the site offices will extend to the new roundabout. The school is planned for near this roundabout.

Maccer, How Do You Know All This. Was It In The Examiner????
Is Your Info 100%

Yes the details were in the "IrishExaminer", full breakdown of house types and associated works.
The plans are available to view at the County Council Offices (as per the notice in the Examiner)
I however was speaking the the site manager who told me the locations etc.

How long will it take for the planning to be approved and how long after that will they start selling the houses???

Extract from the County Councils web site:

The length of time it takes to get planning permission is affected by the completeness of the application and by whether or not there is an appeal. Generally, a valid application will be dealt with by a planning authority within twelve weeks, from the date the application is made to the final granting of permission. However, the period can vary, particularly if the planning authority seeks further information from the applicant (which must be done within the first eight weeks).
The planning authority then has four weeks from the day the further information is received to make a decision on the application. The following table illustrates the timescale involved in most cases.
Start - Notice published in paper and site notice erected
Two weeks later: Latest date for lodging application
Between two weeks and two weeks later: Application is validated by the planning authority. Submissions or objections are considered.
Between five and eight weeks later: Planning authority issue notice of their decision on the application. (Alternatively, they may request further information.)
Four weeks after issue of notice of decision: If no appeal is made, the planning authority will issue granting of permission, or outline permission, except where they have already indicated a decision to refuse.

An appeal may take longer than an application to decide, but An Bord Pleanála has an objective to decide appeals within 18 weeks of receipt of an appeal.

The planning permission for Phase 1 of Castlerock was made on 19.11.2004, so you can work out for yourself how long it takes before they are offered for sale.

Has anybody been called to choose their kitchen yet? We got a call last week and have an appointment at the end of this week.

Anything we should look out for or ask about?

No. Noel is excellent at his job- Celtic interiors are not out to 'get' anyone. They are very good and very accomodating. I would have my domestic appliances picked out and a brochure outlining their dimensions as he will need this.
Practically if say, you were fitting an american fridge-freezer you should have already made contact with the plumber to arrange the service pipe location etc..
I'm going on a site visit on friday and will report back as to how I got on..

regards,
Seamus

Thanks sburs. Does Noel deal with all the appointments? I didnt even think of electrical appliances. We were surprised to even get the call about the kitchen now because we were told we wouldnt be in until end of 06, start of 07.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back