Castle Rock, Midleton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dealt with Aidan in Celtic interiors and found him to be very helpful.
Expect them to discuss the options available to you at this stage, if your house is along way from completion its unlikely they will require the electrical specifications, at least until before they are ready to install.
However it is a good time to purchase electrical items, many summer sales currently underway and most shops will hold the goods in storage and thus you will have the specifications when called on by Celtic.
Ask Celtic about upgrading the extractor fan as the model in the standard specification is a basic model.
Be aware if you are planning to add length to the kitchen work top or having a two bowl sink etc. remember to factor in the additional cost of the granite work top (alterations can work out expensive).

I also bought a house in Castle rock and I have been aware that both the site cost and the sq area of the houses exceed the limit where stamp duty can be avoided.However I can remember NO STAMP DUTY being advertised so maybe the contract is set up in a way to avoid it.

I would like to find out. It is around 4K or so. I would also like to get my hands on the Advert with No Stamp Duty.

Heard also recently about the planning for 400 houses adjacent the site. I think Castleock phase 1 will remain separate. (1 entrance)

Regards,

Mista Cobby

When I was speaking to the site manager it was mentioned that there be no access from the current site into phase 2.
It wasn't known if the new phase would also be called Castlerock.

I have checked with my solicitor and confirmed with him that there is a seperate contract for both the site and the house. This means that there is no stamp duty to be paid. This is for type D- but I would imagine that other types would be the only only that the cost of the site that the house is built on would be more expensive so as to avoid stamp duty.

You really should be speaking to your solicitor about this..

Road update. Passed the site this morning and the tarmac surfacing has commenced. They have started on the area between the main entrance and the site offices.

Which part of the estate is due to be completed first? And is there any sign of people moving in there yet?

The Orchards is first (thats the row with the showhouse). Snag lists have been completed in some of these houses, however no one will move in until the road is finished. Looks complete along this row now with all the gardens set and the street lighting in place.

Macer said:
The Orchards is first (thats the row with the showhouse). Snag lists have been completed in some of these houses, however no one will move in until the road is finished. Looks complete along this row now with all the gardens set and the street lighting in place.

Is there a completion date for the road??

Just back from our appointment with celtic interiors. To be honest, i'm a little pi$$ed off. We havent been to see any kitchens yet so it was our first visit. We spent about 1.5 hours there in total. When electrical appliances were mentioned, we were told we'd have to give dimensions immediately which of course we didnt have because we havent gone looking at that yet either. In the end, we bought their tricity bendix appliances. (they have a deal with them at the moment). Think it came to 1600 for double oven, 1/2 & 1/2 fridge freezer, hob & dishwasher.

That's all i've so say really.. It was ok, i was just a big pi$$ed off that we were told they wanted dimensions ASAP yet the house wont be completed until Dec or early 2007. A word of warning to anyone going in the next few weeks, have all your dimensions ready!!!

Think you got a good deal on the appliances if that's any consolation! I presume you were just looking for prices/estimates if your house isn't going to be ready until Dec - 6 months away! I can't imagine it takes 6 months to make the kitchen, in which case you did not need "gospel" dimensions and they could have used estimates - ie decide on american or std fridge, free standing or built in oven/dishwasher/FF - most of these appliances are the same size.

TBH I think a lot of house related suppliers don't want to "waste their time" with people gathering info/prices and are only interested in real orders. When I went in about our last kitchen, I encountered the same attitude until I explained I work full time and I wouldn't be calling a second time. Every supplier was being given the same info and so a direct comparison could be made. Stand your ground and don't be pushed into anything.

Yeah it was a good deal for those Lorz.

We weren't looking for prices/estimates though. We got a call from Celtic Interiors last week and we were asked to come in and choose our kitchen. We hadn't even thought about that kinda thing to be honest because as I said, we were told we wouldnt be moving in until Dec/Jan. When we asked why they needed dimensions straight away, we were told because the kitchens were being made ASAP.

I'm surprised to hear of your experience with Celtic, as I said previously I dealt with Aidan also and never felt rushed, quiet the opposite, in fact I remember asking him if he would have to give as much time to every customer, such was the level of service I received. However it may have been the fact that I was one of the first in to him, my initial visit was shortly after the house deposit was paid and in all I probably saw him 3 or 4 times. I didn't have to give them the electrical specs until 2/3 weeks before they installed the kitchen. You seemed to have done a good enough deal on the electrics, I guarantee you would have ended up spending more if you had the time to look around the shops and see all the fancy (expensive) gear.

Sorry - I didn't read the earlier posts. Do I take it they are the suppliers for your development? I'm impressed. They're quite upmarket! The supplier for our development was just impossible! Was told on 4 separate occasions that the kitchen was being installed the next day and when I said I couldn't get in and to fit the std kitchen, I would hear nothing until the next time! Then they refused to fit the std kitchen from a smaller, cheaper house! Wanted to charge another €2000! Stood my ground and got the units I wanted at no extra cost!

Macer said:
I'm surprised to hear of your experience with Celtic, as I said previously I dealt with Aidan also and never felt rushed, quiet the opposite, in fact I remember asking him if he would have to give as much time to every customer, such was the level of service I received. However it may have been the fact that I was one of the first in to him, my initial visit was shortly after the house deposit was paid and in all I probably saw him 3 or 4 times. I didn't have to give them the electrical specs until 2/3 weeks before they installed the kitchen. You seemed to have done a good enough deal on the electrics, I guarantee you would have ended up spending more if you had the time to look around the shops and see all the fancy (expensive) gear.

Don't get me wrong, Aidan was very nice about everything. We just weren't expecting to be giving dimensions etc.. I guess its our own fault because we didnt stop to think that we should visit the showrooms a few times before our appointment! It's all happening so quick!!

Totally agree with you about spending more if we shopped around! We're a young couple and neither of us are interested in cooking so i wouldnt know what to look for if i went around to different places! So as it turns out the offer they had was perfect for us!!

Lorz said:
Sorry - I didn't read the earlier posts. Do I take it they are the suppliers for your development? I'm impressed. They're quite upmarket! The supplier for our development was just impossible! Was told on 4 separate occasions that the kitchen was being installed the next day and when I said I couldn't get in and to fit the std kitchen, I would hear nothing until the next time! Then they refused to fit the std kitchen from a smaller, cheaper house! Wanted to charge another €2000! Stood my ground and got the units I wanted at no extra cost!

No problem at all Lorz. Yes Celtic Interiors are the suppliers for Castlerock and a few other of the Castlelands developments.
What you went throught would drive me around the bend!
*fingers crossed its all plain sailing for us*!!

Anymore from Castlerock residents to be?!!! Did anyone else choose their kitchen yet etc..? Would love to keep this thread active :)

Has anybody ordered an eircom line yet for the oul Broadband. It can take 3 years in Cork ye know so better order (in writing ) today

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]The Irish Examiner reports that residents who moved into a new luxury housing estate in Waterfall, County Cork over a year ago are still waiting for their Eircom phone lines. A spokesperson for Eircom said that the Waterfall case is an "unusual" one and said it would be September before the phone line situation was resolved.[/FONT][/FONT]
I would hate to hear more "unusual" stories like that so get your orders in now get written confirmation .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back