Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Also my house is certainly not a half length house, its got loads of room, two big rooms and 1 smaller box room, the sitting is not as wide as some but is nice and long and I have a huge kitchen, might be a half length house to you as your obviously living in a mansion in malahide! but I am quite happy with it. In regards to the clawback your right there wont be a clawback if there isnt any profit thats what I meant, they will re evalute it. I can also reassure you I did bother to do my research as I have family in Balrothery, Lusk and Donabate.

Can you keep your childish arguments in a private converstations.

People come to this site for help and advice not to read posts from two grown ups having an argument.

You must have gotten the special house so as any one of the ones I saw were half the length of a normal house. Either the council should build proper size houses or apartments but not a combination of the two.
I wish you would get the idea out of your head that I am a snob living in some fancy part of Malahide. I am making relevant points in relation to the issue of affordability and what constitutes a fair price for people. Time will tell what kind of bargain you snaffled for yourself but I think the market valuation used by Fingal Co Co for the houses in Ringfort is seriously over priced. You come back in four years time and tell me how wrong I am but dont try and tell me how well you have done by acquiring a house in Ringfort for 6 times your annual income with your eyes closed as to problems down the line

Mick from Dublin I dont see how sharing access with ringfort to Balruddery is a problem? Its just a little stuck up I think! Balrothery is a lovely little village and I am sure everyone in Ringfort will be just as eager to keep it like that as anyone else in Balrothery.

I didn't say it was a problem, I just should have been told about it before I purchased my house.

Good luck with your new house.

fair point mick, sorry for jumping down your throat! I was just a bit highly strung after all the comments. Thanks for the good luck. The estate your in Balruddery is lovely!

It's frustrating to be told the houses are half the length of a normal house after seeing some lovely big properties but I'm not going to continue this childish conversation either. Let's draw a line under this discussion and agree to differ. I congratulate anyone who has got one of the houses in Ringfort and wish everyone still on the list the best in future viewings etc.

Anyone going to see apartments in Chalestown, Finglas on Tuesday?

Hi folks

Would be really interested to hear what people think about the apartments in Charlestown.

Homeboy.

hi all

got a letter about these apartments in charlestown the other day.
went over and had a quick look to be honest i hate them i dont like the idea of living
over a shopping center.i would say in years to come this place will be a getto..........

They look like nice apartments but I am not familiar with the area and still holding out for a three bed.

I notice that people have discussed the 3 bed in general on this for ringfort. Has anyone looked at the two beds and what are their thoughts. Apart from a reasonably small living room, the house is not bad. Your ideas would be appreciated.

I thought the two beds were very nice. A fairly small sitting room, but nice garden, big enough kitchen and very good sized bedrooms. Plus the large garden and the attic space leave room to improve if required in the future.

Hi Guys
can anyone help ? i have accepted a 2 bed house from fingal in i did the snag and handed it in the 23rd of april but as yet the builder has not completed it , is there any way that i can speed up the process or is it just a waiting game
there arn't any builders on site, some of the private properties are lived in and also some affordable ones but there are still some houses with only foundations built should i be concerned that there are no builders on site
all this waiting is sooooo frustrating but i supose im lucky to have got a property

Last edited:
Hi Miss S. I guess that it depends on the builders schedule. Have you spoken to the council after giving them the snag because its given to the builders from the council. Perhaps the council still have it. Check it out. Best of luck with your new place and hope you are happy in it.

K

Hi Miss.s

Believe me I feel you pain - I was 8 weeks waiting on my snag - when i went back i had to have 2 further snags done - took a total of 13 weeks. But i was one of the lucky one in my estate - some people had to wait over 4 months.

Keep calling them - asking them can you view again - but do not settle until everything has been done.

Best of luck x

Hi Guys
can anyone help ? i have accepted a 2 bed house from fingal in alderwood hollystown i did the snag and handed it in the 23rd of april but as yet the builder has not completed it , is there any way that i can speed up the process or is it just a waiting game
there arn't any builders on site, some of the private properties are lived in and also some affordable ones but there are still some houses with only foundations built should i be concerned that there are no builders on site
all this waiting is sooooo frustrating but i supose im lucky to have got a property

Tracey,

Im assuming u went for a house in ringfort. Wat things were wrong for eample? Give me some ideas.

Put a deposit on a house there last friday.. want to have an idea on waiting times ....

Hi Guys
can anyone help ? i have accepted a 2 bed house from fingal in alderwood hollystown

Oooh congrats it is really nice up there.
The only downside is the lack of public transport and it's distance from most things but it is worth it.
Sweeneys in Kilbride is a nice pub and not sure if the restaurant upstairs is still there but if it is,it has fabulous food.
The hollybus is handy too.

Rach

The gang at Fingal seem to have gone a bit quiet lately. Anyone know of anything coming up or in the pipeline?

Oooh congrats it is really nice up there.
The only downside is the lack of public transport and it's distance from most things but it is worth it.
Sweeneys in Kilbride is a nice pub and not sure if the restaurant upstairs is still there but if it is,it has fabulous food.
The hollybus is handy too.

Rach

hi rach
do you know how often the buses run and to where do they go
hollystown is a lovely area cant believe that i got an affordable house in the development
justb anxious now to move in fingers crossed it wont be toooo long hopefully before christmas at this rate ;)

Back