Affordable Housing with Fingal Co Co

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone know how long will it take to receive the deed after purchasing an affordable house from Fingal CC?

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone know how long will it take to receive the deed after purchasing an affordable house from Fingal CC?

Thanks

You won't ever receive your deeds, until the loan is paid off,

but do you mean how long it takes for the deeds to be land registered? if this is the case it can take between 1 to 3 years, however, you can push this with your local councils solicitors to try and get this to be done alot quicker.

or do you mean, you actually bought the clawback and everything and now own it privately. If this is the case, the bank again hold onto your deeds until your bank loan (mortgage) is paid off in full.

Is the a difference between the Affordable Homes Partnership and the Affordable Housing Initiative?

Ive heard of people who haven't been on 'the list' but have bought houses by putting down a provisional deposit on the day of viewing and then sending the application form into the County Council!!!

Any word on those houses in Tyrellstown? Anyone have a viewing or accept one?
Anybody hear about houses in Balrothery? Seems quiet down Fingal way...

Any word on those houses in Tyrellstown? Anyone have a viewing or accept one?
Anybody hear about houses in Balrothery? Seems quiet down Fingal way...

Do you mean the houses in Cruise park drive, Tyrellstown? I went to view them but I turned them down because they lacked fittings.

There was expression of interest letters sent out for 2 & 3 bed houses in Balbriggan last week.

I was on the phone yesterday to Fingal and there is going to letters sent out about 2 & 3 bed duplex apartments in Ladyswell, Dublin 15 very soon.

Things are looking up

According to the Fingal Independent there will be offers coming up in Swords. Gorse Hill in the next few weeks and the council are ironing out some more issues with the developer for somewhere on the Forest Road which shouldn't be more than a few weeks after the gorse hill offers.

It was apparently discussed at some meeting recently. I'll try find the article again later. Was only a small column. Don't know if they are apartments or houses.

i got a viewing letter for charlestown in finglas, but im not sure how many there is avaiable. There all 2 bed 2 bath and seem nice

I was on the phone yesterday to Fingal and there is going to letters sent out about 2 & 3 bed duplex apartments in Ladyswell, Dublin 15 very soon

To be honest with you I would have to be paid to take one of those apartments. I live very near those apartments and have attended a number of resident association meetings and other meetings with the gardai over the last number of weeks and there seems to be tons of trouble in that new estate. On one day in particular the gardai were up there 4 times in the one day.

Tons of windows getting smashed and lots of other anti social behaviour. Just letting anybody know who is thinking of taking one of those apartments to maybe check with the gardai about the incidents that are happening up there.

I was on the phone yesterday to Fingal and there is going to letters sent out about 2 & 3 bed duplex apartments in Ladyswell, Dublin 15 very soon

To be honest with you I would have to be paid to take one of those apartments. I live very near those apartments and have attended a number of resident association meetings and other meetings with the gardai over the last number of weeks and there seems to be tons of trouble in that new estate. On one day in particular the gardai were up there 4 times in the one day.

Tons of windows getting smashed and lots of other anti social behaviour. Just letting anybody know who is thinking of taking one of those apartments to maybe check with the gardai about the incidents that are happening up there.

Thanks for the tip. I live in Blanchardstown but I don't know that area very well. I drove through it recently during the day and it didn't seem too bad

If anyone has any info about the Gorse Hill, Forest Road developments please post. I know Swords very well, have many friends there and only live (in DCC territory, alas) 15 mins from it so anywhere with three bedrooms in Swords would be a dream come true. Literally. (bet they're all TWO beds though!!)

Thanks for the information about Ladyswell, Gazzer. West Dublin is an area I know nothing about so any inside info will certainly help the decision process!

If anyone has any info about the Gorse Hill, Forest Road developments please post. I know Swords very well, have many friends there and only live (in DCC territory, alas) 15 mins from it so anywhere with three bedrooms in Swords would be a dream come true. Literally. (bet they're all TWO beds though

I went for a spin up to the development on the Forest Rd. last night and the majority do appear to be two beds.

Cheers for the info, Swordsafford. What are they, duplexes or apartments?

It also appears they've updated the website with new information as regards to some other developments in Swords and Balbriggan.

[broken link removed]

Just dragging this up to see if theres been much movement lately with the Fingal applicants?
Anyone any happy stories they want to share ;)

Anyone go to see Ringfort on Saturday in Balrothery? I had to turn it down cause it'd take me DAYS to get to work from there and I don't drive.. but they were lovely. Big houses with good sized bedrooms, massive driveways and really lovely big back gardens.

hi folks can any 1 tell me whats happening with the social and affordable housing site at pobalscoil baldoyle? :confused:

me mam got offered a house down there last month after being 10 years on the list. i brought her down to see it but it was all fenced off. i`v being googleing it since. found out that it was supposed to be finished litterally 2 years ago, but they had builders problems. then work was supposed to commence again after easter but i dropped down again today and nothing is happening. do they even plan on finishing these houses? alot of people are being left in limbo including my mam as we are renting at the min but her renting allowance is up for renewal and she may be penalised for this. if anyone knows what is happening could they please mention it. thanks in advance!

Back