WHats the strategy in calling an election for BJ?

Strange the Oirish would flood into the U.K. then. Let's hope with Brexit the Irish can be stopped going there and they can return to their Eire paradise? Too many Irish must loathe the place as they don't seem to want to live there.
There are about 300,000 people who were born in the UK living in Ireland. That's about 6% of the population. There are about 870,000 people who were born in Ireland living in the UK. That's about 1.3% of the population. "English" is our biggest ethnic minority. One in 5 people living here were born in a different country.

Thankfully the IMF can bail out Ireland every few years and Britain can give them loans again.
Ireland was never one, and the Ireland has a parliament like a county council with its comical members .The Irish appear obsessed with a big Ireland.
The UK has been bailed out by the IMF before and the City of London is the biggest tax haven in the world. I'd take Leo or Michael over Boris or Jeremy any day of the week.

A violent bigotted, incompetently run country
A terrorist haven ever there was one. How dare they say the Northern Irish are Irish. What an insult from the Oirish.
I'm confused; I thought you were talking about Northern Ireland.
The Good Reverend said that he was Irish. His Irishness just included that British planter tradition. Are you saying he was wrong?
I don't consider him any less Irish than me and I reject that narrow, ignorant Provo definition of Irishness.

You can call the First Minister for Wales, or NI. a Viceroy or whatever title you wish. ex The First Minister or Scottish or Irish minister. It would appear the title upsets you. I don't know what the Representative of the U.K. call him or herself in Gibraltar and frankly am not bothered. The people in Northern Ireland did not seem to mind what they call their ministers.
An odd ball name is Teeshuck ( or whatever it is ) but then the Irish like to think they speak Irish.

A nationalist you may not claim to be, however it would appear you have the ugly disease that has caused the South Irish so much grief.

The ignorant lack of respect for the old soldiers and the selected memories of violent, irish Catholic heroes gives credibility to their undemocratic and unwarranted action. The Oirish love dying for Ireland or should I say killing, maiming and blowing up things. The poppies support old veterans and frankly if some Vets defeated bigoted lefty killers, I say well done for making the place safe. Oppressing German and aggreesion and defeating the men of violence of any hue is not oppressing us.

Dublin even wants to have a Battle Site made in rememberance of the great freedom fighters ? -the site in Moore st was a house in which they surrendered in and now it's a battle site.- is that not comical?-since when is a house a battle site

Don't know about esteemed Teashuck's-i do know about others who seemed to trouser large sums of money and forgot about tax-Heck even Ireland had a Min of Finance who didn't have a chequing account ( cash only)

The atrocity in Ulster ( who said an entire town) can be found by a detailed search and out of respect for his family I will not embarrass them.

Transfer payments from central u.k govt is the norm regardless of the views of the 'esteemed Teashuk) I would think the South Irish lived in failed political state for most of its existence and prospered only because of its British exports and the E.U.( hand outs)

The West Brit name calling slur is just as offensive as I would imagine as Green Wog. Might I suggest that you recognise that some cultures are very different and also some like the Irish South culture appear to leave a lot to be desired and are not really of much significance in the world.

Might I recommend you research how the grade A countries ie Aust and Canada etc handle diversity as the Oirish lack maturity and competence in such matters. A racist, bigoted, violent place which thankfully can be ignored by the rest of the world.

There are about 300,000 people who were born in the UK living in Ireland. That's about 6% of the population. There are about 870,000 people who were born in Ireland living in the UK. That's about 1.3% of the population. "English" is our biggest ethnic minority. One in 5 people living here were born in a different country.

The UK has been bailed out by the IMF before and the City of London is the biggest tax haven in the world. I'd take Leo or Michael over Boris or Jeremy any day of the week.

I'm confused; I thought you were talking about Northern Ireland.
The Good Reverend said that he was Irish. His Irishness just included that British planter tradition. Are you saying he was wrong?
I don't consider him any less Irish than me and I reject that narrow, ignorant Provo definition of Irishness.

At least you referred to him as a Reverend-much of the Oirish media referred to him as Ian ---
He may have seen himself as Irish in the same way Canadians see themselves as NORTH Americans but they are Canadian-Leo is good-not blinkered by being too Green.-The Irish diaspora in the U.K. seems huge-they left because Eire was a s--t hole.

You can call the First Minister for Wales, or NI. a Viceroy or whatever title you wish. ex The First Minister or Scottish or Irish minister. It would appear the title upsets you. I don't know what the Representative of the U.K. call him or herself in Gibraltar and frankly am not bothered. The people in Northern Ireland did not seem to mind what they call their ministers.
Do you really not know the dfference between a Viceroy and a Minister?

An odd ball name is Teeshuck ( or whatever it is ) but then the Irish like to think they speak Irish.
I speak very little Irish but I do know that Taoiseach means leader. If you are having trouble spelling, pronouncing or understanding words then Google is your friend… then you don’ have to appear stupid (about that at least).

A nationalist you may not claim to be, however it would appear you have the ugly disease that has caused the South Irish so much grief.
What’s that then?

The ignorant lack of respect for the old soldiers and the selected memories of violent, irish Catholic heroes gives credibility to their undemocratic and unwarranted action. The Oirish love dying for Ireland or should I say killing, maiming and blowing up things. The poppies support old veterans and frankly if some Vets defeated bigoted lefty killers, I say well done for making the place safe. Oppressing German and aggreesion and defeating the men of violence of any hue is not oppressing us.
I’ve a great deal of respect for old soldiers and have given to the British Legion in the past and would happily do so again. I just wouldn’t wear the poppy. I’d defend anyone else’s right to wear it though.

Dublin even wants to have a Battle Site made in rememberance of the great freedom fighters ? -the site in Moore st was a house in which they surrendered in and now it's a battle site.- is that not comical?-since when is a house a battle site
Who is “Dublin”?

Don't know about esteemed Teashuck's-i do know about others who seemed to trouser large sums of money and forgot about tax-Heck even Ireland had a Min of Finance who didn't have a chequing account ( cash only)
Again, Google is your friend here. I wou;dn’t play a game of “who has the most corrupt leaders, the UK or Ireland?” if I was you.

The atrocity in Ulster ( who said an entire town) can be found by a detailed search and out of respect for his family I will not embarrass them.
You said an entire town. You said “See 1641, in Ireland and the massacres of Protestants. The IRA campaign in Co Down where massacre of a small town of Protestants took place led by a later Irish govt minister.” I see that you’ve edited it since but I had already quoted your original post. Oops! Go on though; at least name the tow that was wiped out.

Transfer payments from central u.k govt is the norm regardless of the views of the 'esteemed Teashuk) I would think the South Irish lived in failed political state for most of its existence and prospered only because of its British exports and the E.U.( hand outs)
Yep, it took generations to shake off the Brits and the Vatican. Now we are really free and prospering. The EU has been great for us, just as it has been great for Britain.

The West Brit name calling slur is just as offensive as I would imagine as Green Wog.
You started.

Might I suggest that you recognise that some cultures are very different and also some like the Irish South culture appear to leave a lot to be desired and are not really of much significance in the world.
I agree but why drag Cork into this?

Might I recommend you research how the grade A countries ie Aust and Canada etc handle diversity as the Oirish lack maturity and competence in such matters. A racist, bigoted, violent place which thankfully can be ignored by the rest of the world.
Ireland has a problem with racism but we don’t have racist political parties in power or racist political parties getting large proportions of the popular vote (like they do in the UK). Violence isn’t a major problem and bigotry in general isn’t a big problem either. We don’t have openly bigoted political parties, unlike the DUP in Northern Ireland or UKIP in England. I really think you should visit here or, if you live here, leave your bunker once in a while.

At least you referred to him as a Reverend-much of the Oirish media referred to him as Ian ---
He may have seen himself as Irish in the same way Canadians see themselves as NORTH Americans but they are Canadian-Leo is good-not blinkered by being too Green.-The Irish diaspora in the U.K. seems huge-they left because Eire was a s--t hole.

The name of this country is "Ireland", not Eire. If you are speaking Irish the name of the country is Éire but, just as if you were talking about Germany in English you wouldn't call it Deutschland, you shouldn't mix up the two languages. Just letting you know.

Anyway, there are many people of Irish descent in Britain but there are many in Britain of Irish descent , though most probably trace their roots back a bit further (like me).
I do agree that Ireland was a depressed and depressing place but that was mainly due to Anglo-Irish and later British rule as well as the RC Church. All colonies are run for the enrichment of their colonial masters. To a great extent Wales and Scotland, former raw material superpowers, now impoverished backwaters sucked dry by England, are really English colonies as well. We would be as poor as Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland if we were still under the British yoke.

The Russians defeated the Nazis and the Americans stopped the Russians roiling across Europe. The British did help but they were bit players.
Straying somewhat off topic; BTW looking forward to Bojo vs JC tonight.
Anyway with this synopsis of WWII you are being a tad unkind to our neighbours.
Consider the contra-factual: what if the Brits had rolled over in face of the blitz as the French did, or what if they had lost the Battle of Britain? Hitler would then have had access to the British war materiel, but most importantly the USA would find it very difficult to launch an attack against the Nazi European Empire. That presumes of course that he would have overrun Eire. But Dev would have welcomed his RC hero with open arms and would get his beloved United Ireland into the bargain. So, continuing the contra-factual, I suggest that not having to fight on two fronts and with the capture of the British war machine the Russians would have been an easy touch.
An interesting further speculation is whether the US would ultimately have used nuclear weapons against the NEE.

A diddly die culture, low ideals, a kiddy fiddler friendly religion and a dead lingo. A violent bigotted, incompetently run country
A terrorist haven ever there was one.

Ok we get it. You hate the Irish.

Indeed, you have devoted 8 out of your total of 9 contributions to this website telling us this and little else.

However, your view is irrelevant to this thread.

Last edited:
Straying somewhat off topic; BTW looking forward to Bojo vs JC tonight.
Anyway with this synopsis of WWII you are being a tad unkind to our neighbours.
Consider the contra-factual: what if the Brits had rolled over in face of the blitz as the French did, or what if they had lost the Battle of Britain? Hitler would then have had access to the British war materiel, but most importantly the USA would find it very difficult to launch an attack against the Nazi European Empire. That presumes of course that he would have overrun Eire. But Dev would have welcomed his RC hero with open arms and would get his beloved United Ireland into the bargain. So, continuing the contra-factual, I suggest that not having to fight on two fronts and with the capture of the British war machine the Russians would have been an easy touch.
An interesting further speculation is whether the US would ultimately have used nuclear weapons against the NEE.
The Germans didn't have the Navy to invade Britain. If they did then the British couldn't have stopped them without American support. The British were kept in the war by American equipment and the Battle of Britain was won using American fighters. The top Ace's were mostly Polish and Eastern Europeans.
The Free State, later Ireland or, in Irish, Éire (not Eire) supported the Allied war effort, not the German one. The French didn't roll over, indeed many of them died fighting to protect the fleeing British when they failed utterly trying to fight the Germans alongside the French in France without American leadership and men.

Last edited:
Ok we get it. You hate the Irish.

Indeed, you have devoted 8 of out of your total of 9 contributions to this website telling us this and little else.

However, your view is irrelevant to this thread.
Yea but it's great fun.

We are so bigoted and racist that we elected an openly gay half Indian as Taoiseach.
The Brits keep electing Etonian old-boys because, as I previously pointed out, as a conquered people they know their place.

That I am. It's the simple things in life that keep me happy and there's no shortage of simple here for me to choose from.
Purple,

Why are you bothering to feed the troll? If you ignore the poster, they will go away in time and post his verbal diarrhea somewhere else.
At least we won't have to deal with it anymore!

Best,

Opus2018.

Purple,

Why are you bothering to feed the troll? If you ignore the poster, they will go away in time and post his verbal diarrhea somewhere else.
At least we won't have to deal with it anymore!

Best,

Opus2018.
Light entertainment.

We are so bigoted and racist that we elected an openly gay half Indian as Taoiseach.
The Brits keep electing Etonian old-boys because, as I previously pointed out, as a conquered people they know their place.

We didn't actually elect him, think that was FG members only vote... unless you're outing yourself as a FG member...
And I see your old Etonian old-boys and raise you Eoghan Murphy.

Anyhow, back to the election. Has Boris won yet? This thing seems to be going on forever.

We didn't actually elect him, think that was FG members only vote...

Leo was elected by the Dáil, as is every Taoiseach.

In contrast Boris was appointed by the Queen without any vote in parliament. The Queen appointed him because Theresa May told her that he had the support of Parliament, now subsequent events have shown this to be untrue. He has lost many more votes in Parliament than he has won. Following on from the courts ruling that the prorogation of Parliament never happened, because it was based on incorrect advice to the Queen, it seems to me that Boris has no real claim to be PM.

We didn't actually elect him, think that was FG members only vote... unless you're outing yourself as a FG member...
And I see your old Etonian old-boys and raise you Eoghan Murphy.
Really? €5500 a year versus £32,000 a year?

Back