Key Post UK State Pension - Make voluntary contributions to qualify for UK pension on top of Irish pension

Okay great just wanted to check did you contact the pensions department before hand. Thanks will have a read of it again.
I phoned them before transferring the money to tell them the sterling amount I would be sending and what years it was to be set against.

It took about about 5 months for the online record to show the years as paid in full.

I sent the money via bank transfer. I contacted them a few weeks later to see if it had gone through and it did. Others find revolut very easy to transfer the money.

Thanks to all for the help with this. Only for info - I completed the CF83 and sent in October 2023. I got confirmation of class 2 for the missing years in May. I made a full payment at the end of May and followed up today as it is not yet shown as allocated. According to the advisor (very pleasant) - the current backlog for EU payments to be allocated is 45 weeks! She did acknowledge receipt of my payment and said that once I had paid, the deadline no longer applied. We will see ....

Back