This has to be a joke, right?

I wonder if it is really true or just something doing it 'for a laugh' like that couple a few months ago in Germany who thought it would be funny to put their baby on ebay?

I am sure it is a joke but still sick.

Perhaps I am odd, but I am not all that terribly shocked: I can see how someone from another country, who perhaps has no idea how to access the relevant adoption services here, might easily think it was ok to place a classified ad.

Remember that there are many countries where it is much more common for mothers to give up kids for adoption and where there is a greater degree of informality to the introduction process. Indeed two generations ago we were such a country. And let's not forget that many many Irish people have adopted abroad and have done so with children who were in essence introduced through private adoption introduction services.

Mind you, posting of the baby photo is quite wrong no matter what your perspective or cultural background.

(edit - intended to say that, of course, the ad has 'scam' writ large about it)

They have it down under dogs... animals for sale?

I'm not sure if this would be the practise in other countries, to place their child on an advert on a buy a dog listing.

He's a local guy, so I kinda know him, he's gonna call me back, said he's gonna check my link - I emailed him - and start investigating it straight away.

So will wait and see.

Was thinking of dropping into my own garda station about it - what did they say to you smashbox?

i agree re the ad being placed in an animals for sale section.

gonna google and see if this ad is elsewhere

That whole site is disgusting - they are also offering chimpanzees for sale as pets.
Wow, Chimps are very dangerous animals (you’d have a better chance against a Rottweiler if either attacked you) as well as being far too intelligent to keep as a pet.
I hope the whole site is a joke.

They seem to have some weird items for sale, a child is just the tip of the iceberg.

Will await the gardas responce.

No email from the childs mother after the initial one either.

Back